Best keepsakes you've ever found or bought at the festival?

glast0gal

I missed out last year and one of my dad’s favourite bands played. I asked a load of people here to raise a glass for him as he sadly died a couple of years ago during a particular song and had a lovely video a friend filmed for me of some people raising glasses to him. I’m hoping to get back to the farm one year to plant something for him there (apparently there’s a place in the green fields that lets you do it) 

51 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I missed out last year and one of my dad’s favourite bands played. I asked a load of people here to raise a glass for him as he sadly died a couple of years ago during a particular song and had a lovely video a friend filmed for me of some people raising glasses to him. I’m hoping to get back to the farm one year to plant something for him there (apparently there’s a place in the green fields that lets you do it) 

There’s definately some trees with dedication plaques above the stone circle , don’t know if there’s restrictions with regards who gets plaques there or not but festival office should be able to help I’m sure 

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There’s definately some trees with dedication plaques above the stone circle , don’t know if there’s restrictions with regards who gets plaques there or not but festival office should be able to help I’m sure 

He dreamed of going, would watch it on tv every year and never got to (we were going to do it the year I didn’t get tickets but he passed away before we could go/get them in the resale) so I thought maybe doing a plant or something means in some way he’s always there. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

He dreamed of going, would watch it on tv every year and never got to (we were going to do it the year I didn’t get tickets but he passed away before we could go/get them in the resale) so I thought maybe doing a plant or something means in some way he’s always there. 

I have a friend who grows small oak tree saplings from acorns each year. He gives the saplings to people who have suffered a bereavement, so that they can plant each sapling where they want, in memory of their loved one. Might be an idea for you.

Remember - From acorns great oak trees will grow.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have a friend who grows small oak tree saplings from acorns each year. He gives the saplings to people who have suffered a bereavement, so that they can plant each sapling where they want, in memory of their loved one. Might be an idea for you.

Remember - From acorns great oak trees will grow.

That’s lovely! 

I proposed to my girlfriend now wife at Glastonbury 2011 with a placeholder silver ring (not risking taking the real ring to Worthy Farm!). Now long married, I wear it as a necklace on a silver chain which she bought at the festival for that purpose, so that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent!

In 2017 we were passing back through the Unfair Ground late on Friday night when one of the “carney” girls ushered us over to her fair game. The game was to throw a crushed can into a tiny slot which surprisingly I managed to get it in (in my state). She quickly rummaged through a draw then pulled me over the counter and softly whispered in my ear “here’s your prize, it’s a cast of Michael Eavis’s asshole”

IMG_3606.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

On 4/20/2024 at 9:40 AM, bglm said:

I always go to the forge , it's in the park run by a really lovely woman, they make key rings that are different every year, you can make your own too, it's brilliant I love mine I've got a couple and they make a really good gift 

Screenshot_20240302-124417.png

Yep, I’ve got one of those, but from 2016. They’re fab and she’s really lovely. 

15 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Excellent!

In 2017 we were passing back through the Unfair Ground late on Friday night when one of the “carney” girls ushered us over to her fair game. The game was to throw a crushed can into a tiny slot which surprisingly I managed to get it in (in my state). She quickly rummaged through a draw then pulled me over the counter and softly whispered in my ear “here’s your prize, it’s a cast of Michael Eavis’s asshole”

IMG_3606.jpeg

Wow, what a story! 

Of course, 'we' can't even begin to hypothesise with not knowing the scale of the 'piece' (ringpiece!) of artwork. 

19 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Excellent!

IMG_3606.jpeg

SIR Michael Eavis. Expect to see you on the Antiques Roadshow in 40 years 😂  

4 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

There are plaques on the trees at the old Glade too. Gets emotional reading them x

29 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Excellent!

IMG_3606.jpeg

Have you ever kissed it, in a moment of gratitude? If not, I think you should. Anybody who has been to and will go to Glastonbury should kiss it in homage. *

* - If you charged a quid to kiss the ring, and it caught on, you could be minted.  Look at the people (eejits) queuing up at the Blarney Stone, as example of a similar successful business model. 

1 hour ago, GlastoEls said:

I proposed to my girlfriend now wife at Glastonbury 2011 with a placeholder silver ring (not risking taking the real ring to Worthy Farm!). Now long married, I wear it as a necklace on a silver chain which she bought at the festival for that purpose, so that!

That’s brilliant! A lovely story to hear and well done on keeping your composure enough to know to take a placeholder. Always amazes me the number of people who end up losing engagement rings at Glasto mere hours after placing them on their ring finger!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, glast0gal said:

That’s brilliant! A lovely story to hear and well done on keeping your composure enough to know to take a placeholder. Always amazes me the number of people who end up losing engagement rings at Glasto mere hours after placing them on their ring finger!

Thank you for the kind words!  And can you imagine losing the real thing - totally heartbreaking! 

Have bought loads of items over the years but my favourite is this one.

This lovely stained glass skull skeleton was purchased from Richard@Glastonbury stained glass, Green Fields 2017 - the original didn’t have the Tor in the corner but he remade this version for us with the Tor. Beautiful work, unfortunately don’t think he exhibits anymore 😢

IMG_7655.jpeg

On 4/22/2024 at 8:28 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

@Bike_Like_A_Mum - Is there any chance of a photo of your  bobble headed turtle?

And 'no' you dirty minded people, that's not a euphemism!" 

Perfect excuse to open up the caravan and check it's not too damp after the winter!

Here's the little dude...

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Perfect excuse to open up the caravan and check it's not too damp after the winter!

Here's the little dude...

I have one of those, it was from the Gringo stall. 😂

• Like 1

Our wedding anniversary sometimes falls on Glastonbury. My wife didnt fancy going one year, got tickets with friends but felt a little guilty (be honest it was the tiniest trace of guilt) so i made her a copper bracklet with our wedding date punched into it. I'm not very creative, so quite proud i managed it after a few days enjoying myself. 

I still use the blue Guardian cotton rucksack I got free a few years back at various festivals 

On 4/20/2024 at 8:31 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, noticed they weren’t there last year, usually near the crossroads at the railway path. I had wondered if they had moved but never saw them. 

I've spent many hours at that stall over the years, watching those little boats, so relaxing in a strange sort of way. Its actually a little way up from the railway crossroads, on the main path but at the top of the Croissant neuf field, just before the hedgerow to the next field. And the lighting by that area, even in daytime its almost complete darkness! Gutted they weren't there last year. Why weren't they there, anyone?