Shangri La

Avalon_Fields

Arrivals looks like a stage entirely dedicated to Desi acts which is pretty cool and forward thinking.

Pretty excited about Blanco on Platform 23 (rapper from Kennington, Angolan heritage, draws a lot of his sounds from Brazillian music).

1 hour ago, AndyL16 said:

Fred again is basically one of the Joy (anonymous) best mates 

image.png.db21c4c38a4209e85130b8edd2ecbbc0.png

Was gonna say the same thing joy anonymous, Fred again, fourtet and skrillex seem to go everywhere together! I’ll be at this set for sure

3 minutes ago, Nduja said:

Arrivals looks like a stage entirely dedicated to Desi acts which is pretty cool and forward thinking.

Pretty excited about Blanco on Platform 23 (rapper from Kennington, Angolan heritage, draws a lot of his sounds from Brazillian music).

My mate who absolutely loves desi acts can't go this year, she's going to be gutted when she sees it!

11 minutes ago, Razza_bezza said:

Was gonna say the same thing joy anonymous, Fred again, fourtet and skrillex seem to go everywhere together! I’ll be at this set for sure

Hopefully get a bit more information closer to the time, the expectation is through the roof for this and I think its in danger of being a safety and accessibility nightmare. It isn't a big space at all 

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

If you check the venue details on the website it says they are opening it up 🙂

SISTXRHOOD | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

Welcome!

Interesting, wonder if there was any pressure to open a stage up to everyone to (slightly) ease up crowds in places?

Just wonder if Emily had any power to say, close it down or open it up?

The Earache artists are:

Bob Vylan 

Cam Cole

Delilah Bon

High Fade

Kneecap

the last four i've not heard of to be honest, but i'll check em out in the hope i find my new favourite thing 👍 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

There's no way what your insinuating is happening

I actually tend to disagree with this. I think he will be at glasto in some capacity. Been saying it for months. I just wish it wasn’t publicised “with friends” people will just go cause they think it’ll be Fred 

1 hour ago, AndyL16 said:

Hopefully get a bit more information closer to the time, the expectation is through the roof for this and I think it’s in danger of being a safety and accessibility nightmare. It isn't a big space at all for

Edited by Ncahir94

2 minutes ago, Ncahir94 said:

I actually tend to disagree with this. I think he will be at glasto in some capacity. Been saying it for months. I just wish it wasn’t publicised “with friends” people will just go cause they think it’ll be Fred 

Biggest spreader of people at that moment could be a big TBA slot at Arcadia of some capacity right before Joy with some hints that'll be Fred the coming weeks. Something after which he can still pop-up at Joy's set at Nowhere. Pretty sure organizers know it would be a stupid idea to announce like that and expect anything less than a complete shutdown of Shangri La the hours before Joy's set. 

Just now, pigital said:

Biggest spreader of people at that moment could be a big TBA slot at Arcadia of some capacity right before Joy with some hints that'll be Fred the coming weeks. Something after which he can still pop-up at Joy's set at Nowhere. Pretty sure organizers know it would be a stupid idea to announce like that and expect anything less than a complete shutdown of Shangri La the hours before Joy's set. 

Yeah I agree. Seems careless. Surely they knew that’s what people would think. Why not just leave the “with friends” but off and then if Fred is going to be there then it’s a complete surprise. Don’t get why they’ve not done that. Yeah I think they would have learned their lesson after last year with Fred. Went over an hour early and was carnage 

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Nabihah Iqbal on Arrivals stage is my highlight (apart obviously from the mighty Bobby V).  I'd been hoping she'd turn up somewhere on the lineup this year and my prayers have been answered.

+1 on this. 

If you're into mid-80s dreamy indie music in the style of AR Kane or the Durutti Column I'd recommend her latest project.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

Interesting, wonder if there was any pressure to open a stage up to everyone to (slightly) ease up crowds in places?

My gut instinct is that it's probably due to the ongoing conversation about gender - maybe there were issues with 'proving' your gender identity if you present very masculine perhaps? Or perhaps it's also a move towards encouraging allyship? As you say though, it could also ease congestion and have logistical benefits too.

22 minutes ago, Sundance said:

My gut instinct is that it's probably due to the ongoing conversation about gender - maybe there were issues with 'proving' your gender identity if you present very masculine perhaps? Or perhaps it's also a move towards encouraging allyship? As you say though, it could also ease congestion and have logistical benefits too.

Yes. Not a crowd thing, but def a re-think for the reasons you say. 

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Hopefully they just realised that in 2024 segregation of any kind is an awful decision.