Lulu

Sja324

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What was it like when she played Avalon before? Didn't hear that it was chaos.

It was really busy but recently she’s had a lot of publicity, tv chat shows etc and this being an end of tour performance it would likely attract a big crowd. A Rick Astley pyramid slot might be more suitable for a sing a long. 

No, it was busy but not uncomfortable. She really teased the crowd with false starts to her big hit Shout and the tent got lively then. 

One of her stories was being in the studio with the Bee Gees. Two of them were playing the idea of a song, Barry turned up late and just walked into the studio and immediately started singing some lyrics. There and then it became one of their biggest hits. 

I'll believe it when another source apart from the Scum confirms it.  I wouldn't believe the f**king date in that rag.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, but if it’s the Avalon it would be absolutely rammed. Better a pyramid or other slot. The festival must realise how popular she would be.

I can’t see them putting her on Avalon either! It would be crazy busy.

Plus, let’s be honest, the Pyramid lineup would look stronger with her on it - I’m not a fan but shes got some legendary status about her. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ex-Avalon acts getting increasing prominence on the main stages isn't really a sign of a prosperous golden era.

first time i went to t in the park, (2000 i think?), lulu was on the main stage there.

I used to go to school with Lulu's kid. The other parents would get very excited when she turned up at collection time. Us kids obviously didn't know what all the fuss was about - she was just some woman who'd sung a famous song ages ago, and therefore not like the cool celebrities of the time like, um, Keith Harris or, well, I don't know, Bernie Winters? Anyway, that was literally 40 years ago. If you'd told tiny me that in four full decades I'd go to the world's greatest musical festival and Lulu would even be rumoured to be turning up on the main stage, I think I could only have concluded than that absolutely no music could possibly have been produced in the intervening period, and thus the stage would be free for her, Ottawan and Shakin' Stevens to do their magic.

47 minutes ago, Looother said:

I used to go to school with Lulu's kid. The other parents would get very excited when she turned up at collection time. Us kids obviously didn't know what all the fuss was about - she was just some woman who'd sung a famous song ages ago, and therefore not like the cool celebrities of the time like, um, Keith Harris or, well, I don't know, Bernie Winters? Anyway, that was literally 40 years ago. If you'd told tiny me that in four full decades I'd go to the world's greatest musical festival and Lulu would even be rumoured to be turning up on the main stage, I think I could only have concluded than that absolutely no music could possibly have been produced in the intervening period, and thus the stage would be free for her, Ottawan and Shakin' Stevens to do their magic.

Dana on the other stage?

If you're present at the Pyramid for 'Shout' and you don't sing-a-long taps-aff dancing-like-a-twat you must be dead inside😁