Secret Sets 2024!

Billy Shears

Although the festival is hardly gonna say no if they offer to play, I doubt it’s gonna be The Killers - very much overkill at this point.

Pulp haven’t played for thirteen years now so I doubt the festival would think ‘hmm they already did a secret set, not for us!’. Don’t think it’s gonna happen, but not for that reason.

47 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

If there is one it surely can't be the Killers again, have recently done a secret set AND headlined. Would be pretty underwhelming.

I'd doubt Pulp for similar reasons - have also done a secret set before.

wildly different i'd say

Killers have played twice in the last 4 fests vs pulp who've played twice in probably around 25 years

18 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Im still coming from a place that I think there is one special act on the Pyramid and its Kings Of Leon.

Massively prefer Pulp but i think this is what it is. 

If those quotes from Jarvis about playing into next year were actually said in 2024 and not an interview from 2023, then I'd guess they're just going to be booked as a normal act next year

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If those quotes from Jarvis about playing into next year were actually said in 2024 and not an interview from 2023, then I'd guess they're just going to be booked as a normal act next year

Yeah, you would think that if they are continuing on that they will just be a regular act booked for next year. That seems the most likely thing at this point.

Honestly just think Brandon and friends will be there as punters. He's performed at 3 of the last 4 festivals, plus he's making a solo album so could easily be back for the next one. I doubt they'll perform this time

On 5/14/2024 at 1:12 PM, Alex DeLarge said:

The Killers headlined Glastonbury five years ago. That seems like a good enough gap for a headline set to a secret set. 

Jesus. Was that five years ago???? What did the pandemic do to time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

they are always DJ'ing on site, together and on their own, so I wouldn't read anything into that unfortunately.

And they've headlined three different stages in the last 8 years, so I don't see the full band playing. 

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

The new series of Lady Parts has just come out on channel four. Any chance of them doing a real lifey appearance to promote it? Ok, I know the chances are slim. It'd be cool though.

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2024 at 1:49 PM, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Very excited to get a secret Glasto notification! In the last few years I’ve had it set up with zapier to get a SMS text whenever there’s a tweet from that account but that seems not to be working now. Anyone know if there’s an alternative? It was so useful on site and more reliable to get a text than trying to check Twitter 

Just bumping this - does anyone know if it it’s still possible to get an SMS text for @secretglasto tweets like it used to be? Was so useful on the farm last couple of years 

2 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Just bumping this - does anyone know if it it’s still possible to get an SMS text for @secretglasto tweets like it used to be? Was so useful on the farm last couple of years 

Not possible any more. Elon prevented the service that did it.

• Thanks 1