Weather v Line up

kpins

25 minutes ago, kpins said:

What's the general consensus? Would you rather have a really good line-up but bad weather or a poor line-up and good weather? 

Hmm that’s a tricky one because a lot of people are saying this is a poor line up but it’s absolutely fine for me. I don’t think they could ever have 2000 acts and have me be unable to pick 20 acts so I might as well have decent weather to help with the running from stage to stage. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'd go with the weather to be decent 100%. Top lineup or not, watching your band if it's pelting it down with rain eventually is not fun times.

We decided bugger off as soon as possible after the Sunday night but had the weather been better, I'd have been like let's hang around a bit maybe or you'd have seen less and maybe lesser quality acts throughout the weekend but enjoyed them in dry conditions.

This is also where I believe the pricing comes in as well. Go to an indoor gig, might be pissing down outside but inside it fine....outside you can have the 3 best bands in the world playing but watching them soaked through is no fun.

Tricky because I agree the lineup was brilliant in 2016 but bloody hell it was hard work.  But actually, surprisingly there wasn't that much rain over the weekend, it was mostly beforehand.  Agree with Northernangel that watching someone in the pissing rain is not fun.  And then, last year, 2022, 2019 were if anything too bloody hot.  I struggled.  So could I go for midway for both please, early 20s, no rain, decent lineup but not stellar.

• Like 1

Honestly unrelenting sunshine can be a bit much. 

Give me 2017 weather, drizzly mornings that let you sleep in, clouds breaking up in the warmth of the afternoon sun til you get one of those amazing sunsets that feels like the world is painted golden and brighter than anywhere else on the planet, reflected in the faces of thousands of happy people having the time of their lives.

That'll do me, please and thank you mrs weather god.

6 hours ago, Spindles said:

Baking sunshine at Glastonbury can be hard going, but unrelenting rain is orders of magnitude worse. I'm still traumatised by 2007, it rained continually for the whole 5 days and by the Monday morning coach home I was beyond miserable with it. I would take an eternity of 35+ degree scorchers over another 2007.

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

Give me 2017 weather, drizzly mornings that let you sleep in, clouds breaking up in the warmth of the afternoon sun til you get one of those amazing sunsets that feels like the world is painted golden and brighter than anywhere else on the planet, reflected in the faces of thousands of happy people having the time of their lives.

They said good weather so I assume we get to choose what is good weather. For me perfect Glastonbury weather is dry ground so you can sit anywhere, blue skies but not actually too hot. 

After a few days a little shower overnight to keep the dust down. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Spindles said:

Have you done a proper wet one? And I mean proper wet! 

If you have, even hinting at drizzle should have you banned from buying a ticket ever again. 

No rain, of any type, ever!

2010 All over again Woohoo

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dirtysteve said:

Baking sunshine at Glastonbury can be hard going, but unrelenting rain is orders of magnitude worse. I'm still traumatised by 2007, it rained continually for the whole 5 days and by the Monday morning coach home I was beyond miserable with it. I would take an eternity of 35+ degree scorchers over another 2007.

Not only did it rain, it was cold! 

5 hours ago, dirtysteve said:

2007 was my first Glastonbury and I loved it, but the whole thing was such an endurance mission, so I'd probably take a worse line-up now if it meant better weather. 

6 minutes ago, kpins said:

2007 was my first Glastonbury and I loved it, but the whole thing was such an endurance mission, so I'd probably take a worse line-up now if it meant better weather. 

Of course you would!!! You’re not insane. Well……. That I know of 😉

2 hours ago, Franky said:

Anyone uttering the phrase “keep the dust down” should be shot in my opinion. 

Aside from anything else, it's repeatedly been proven not to f**king work.

If it's wet enough to *actually* keep the dust down on the paths, then it's wet enough to become mud off the paths. If it's not that wet, then the dust on the paths is back full force within minutes of the rain finishing and the sun coming out.

There's not really a middle ground here.

A bit of rain? Fine. Sunny and breezy? Perfect.

Last year was too much on the sunny side for me. Relentless heat and no shade made me knackered all the time.

2016 was a compelte mudbath and it made getting around the site or even having a sit down a hard task.

In all my Glastonbury’s I’ve always had plenty that i want to see, never been disappointed, So… bring on the sun! Weather much more important. 

weather for me ... my enjoyment is less related to music and more related to meeting people , the music is the cherry on top of the cake .... 2016 was hard hard work and I dont think im anywhere near fit enough these days for another like that