Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

re: ing a post from a few pages ago about band seen vs poster

I checked my scribbles from last year and I saw 24 performances over the weekend, of which three were on the poster - GnR, Elton (saw with a big group of friends) and Sparks. the other 21 were on loads of stages, Strummerville, Truth, Glade etc etc

so despite not being amazed by the current poster, I'm totally expecting it to NOT FUÇKING MATTER once i'm esconced onsite and bimbling.

Edited by paulshane

A few thoughts re the line up:

1) for me the Pyramid line-up feels like it is missing big name Subs. IMO the 2nd line could move down easily 

Seems like unanimously the Pyramid line up is weak this year; I wonder how this will affect crowding at other places if we see low numbers at the Pyramid.

2) Friday night looks clash central. I'd easily go and watch any of the headliners. With Dua being the only Pyramid headliner I would have been interesteed in seeing.

Idles vs Fontaines is odd- going to make a guess and say that they share similar fan bases but most would chose Idles over Fontaines? Could we see fontaines do an earlier 'headline' set with a DJ taking the last slot? 

3) Saturday looks dire. Going back to the crowding issue I think we may see large numbers heading early to SE corner/ Arcadia. Will this cause more crowd issues or alleviate them? 

3) Echo other comments, line-up as the usual list as opposed to stage splits would have made it look better

9 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

One year it rained so hard I hardly saw much on the main stages. Spent most of my time in Cabaret and circus etc.

It was still an amazing festival. That’s the beauty of glastonbury. It’ll still be absolutely amazing!

People moan about the rain, but it does generate a certain exciting atmosphere. And hardship just makes the highs even better. The people who complain about wet weather need to toughen up a bit and get outside walking and wild camping. Too many soft middle class types, I think 😁

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

People moan about the rain, but it does generate a certain exciting atmosphere. And hardship just makes the highs even better. The people who complain about wet weather need to toughen up a bit and get outside walking and wild camping. Too many soft middle class types, I think 😁

I grew up in the country …. f**k the rain and needing to toughen up tbh . Nowt exciting whatsoever about needing a coat and wellies / walking boots whenever you leave the tent . Sunshine means many more people are out and about rather than hiding in tents 

• Like 1

I find this image interesting. The acts missing are acts that started their live careers playing in grassroots venues. Not sure how it compares to other years but surely it can only be a good thing for acts, venues and future festivals.

FB_IMG_1710665586253.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, barcelonista1899 said:

1) for me the Pyramid line-up feels like it is missing big name Subs. IMO the 2nd line could move down easily 

Seems like unanimously the Pyramid line up is weak this year; I wonder how this will affect crowding at other places if we see low numbers at the Pyramid.

2) Friday night looks clash central. I'd easily go and watch any of the headliners. With Dua being the only Pyramid headliner I would have been interesteed in seeing.

Idles vs Fontaines is odd- going to make a guess and say that they share similar fan bases but most would chose Idles over Fontaines? Could we see fontaines do an earlier 'headline' set with a DJ taking the last slot? 

3) Saturday looks dire. Going back to the crowding issue I think we may see large numbers heading early to SE corner/ Arcadia. Will this cause more crowd issues or alleviate them? 

3) Echo other comments, line-up as the usual list as opposed to stage splits would have made it look better

Coldplay will have a huge crowd Saturday night, Disclosure & Jessie Ware will also pull decent numbers as well.

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So lottery winners will be there a mate talks to band … same person has given me royal blood info before and I absolutely believe them 

Cheese & Grain next Saturday so hopefully they may give the farm a shout out while local.

Saturday night headliners are shocking but they’ll all (Gossip aside) pull hefty crowds I’d have thought. Obviously unpopular choices to music nerds like on here but to the masses that’s some big popular names to choose from. Just frustrating that they’ve chosen to put Coldplay/Jessie and Disclosure/Peggy on the same night as I’m sure they’d each draw similar crowds which leaves f**k all for the rest of us. Terrible scheduling. 

2 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Camping and walking in the rain and being at Glastonbury in the rain are two completely different things :-

Rain = Mud

Mud = Hardship 

Hardship = Difficulties  

Difficulties = Misery & Pain 🤣

586136.webp

312301.webp

312297.webp

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I grew up in the country …. f**k the rain and needing to toughen up tbh . Nowt exciting whatsoever about needing a coat and wellies / walking boots whenever you leave the tent . Sunshine means many more people are out and about rather than hiding in tents 

That's their problem. More space for me. I go walking in the rain for fun 💪🏻

7 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Camping and walking in the rain and being at Glastonbury in the rain are two completely different things :-

Rain = Mud

Mud = Hardship 

Hardship = Difficulties  

586136.webp

312301.webp

312297.webp

Very pessimistic. In my experience hardship=new friends and community spirit. Camping and walking in the rain is EXACTLY the same as Glastonbury lol.

Also, who camps in a place that's obviously prone to flooding??? Just too lazy to walk up the hill a bit

2 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

As someone who lives in, hikes in, and works in tourism in the Lake District, I'd say the middle classes are very well represented amongst your outdoorsy/wild camping types. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, barcelonista1899 said:

Idles/Fontaines is silly. The biggest problem is, Emily and Co have banged on about change etc....two Pyramid subs slots in Little Simz and Burna Boy being similar...that's not festival healthy....that's picking them because she wants to over day one of those and a different act.

59 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So lottery winners will be there a mate talks to band … same person has given me royal blood info before and I absolutely believe them 

Yeah I'd have expected them thereidles 

27 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Saturday night headliners are shocking but they’ll all (Gossip aside) pull hefty crowds I’d have thought. Obviously unpopular choices to music nerds like on here but to the masses that’s some big popular names to choose from. Just frustrating that they’ve chosen to put Coldplay/Jessie and Disclosure/Peggy on the same night as I’m sure they’d each draw similar crowds which leaves f**k all for the rest of us. Terrible scheduling. 

Gossip is the big one mentioned, the scheduling is very poor. Unfortunately I feel it's time for Emily to step aside, I have felt this coming for a while but she isn't the best at organising the festival and although she has still managed to get big hitters...it's never ran as a festival like it did before stepped in.

15 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Rain = Mud

Mud = Hardship 

Hardship = Difficulties  

586136.webp

312301.webp

312297.webp

Yeah absolutely stuff the rain! But the rain argument also comes down to vs the cost of bands.

You're getting this arena band costing £70 alone included...but youe arena set is longer and you aren't muddy, wet and drenched through it. You are also going home to a bed that night...much different factors.

We have to accept to cope with how many people Glastonbury let in too. Fact is, if they didn't overpopulate the fields by around 50/60k then you'd either have an absolutely much less in depth lineup or Glastonbury would cease to exist. I say this because there is no other reason why you would have areas impossible to move in by mid weekend if you need to but for the last 4/5 years they have chosen to.

5 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Very pessimistic. In my experience hardship=new friends and community spirit. Camping and walking in the rain is EXACTLY the same as Glastonbury lol.

Also, who camps in a place that's obviously prone to flooding??? Just too lazy to walk up the hill a bit

What about when all the non flooding places have filled up?

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

As someone who lives in, hikes in, and works in tourism in the Lake District, I'd say the middle classes are very well represented amongst your outdoorsy/wild camping types. 

No, they play at it with their fancy gear and heart rate monitors.

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

Well exactly. So that's why some people might end up camping in areas prone to flooding. Because they literally have no choice.

That doesn't make sense

Just now, northernangel said:

Gossip is the big one mentioned, the scheduling is very poor. Unfortunately I feel it's time for Emily to step aside, I have felt this coming for a while but she isn't the best at organising the festival and although she has still managed to get big hitters...it's never ran as a festival like it did before stepped in.

I think it’s far less Emily’s fault and more a combination of the hardships brought on by COVID, Brexit, it being a sh*t touring year for acts, and the fact Glastonbury has pretty much exhausted the well of ginormous name acts willing to play for less than they’d get elsewhere and so they’re having to go back to old familiar names.

The scheduling this year is pretty janky and makes the lineup look worse than if we’d have gotten a traditional first poster imo, but given we know the struggles they had behind the scenes securing the third headliner etc I’m not surprised some of it looks a bit iffy.

Hopefully this is just an adjustment period and not a sign of the struggles the festival is gonna face going forward, but I do think the mega star studded lineups of the last fifteen years might be a thing of the past, or at least to that same insane standard. 

51 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Rain = Mud

Mud = Hardship 

Hardship = Difficulties  

586136.webp

312301.webp

312297.webp

Finally, no lines for the fresh watermelon stand.

• Like 1