Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, kemosabe said:

One thing I'm slightly concerned about is that the main stage isn't drawing the massive crowds to keep other lower stages (with some big names) from being overcrowded...

That's a good point. Can see that causing some issues.

1 minute ago, kemosabe said:

One thing I'm slightly concerned about is that the main stage isn't drawing the massive crowds to keep other lower stages (with some big names) from being overcrowded...

Thought the same! 

The 'early start in SEC crowd' might have a few more additions this year 😄 

Just now, JayDiesel said:

The standout SZA observation for me is when you compare it to last year.

Emily was on record as stating that it was hard to find a female headliner, and as a result had to pump for Axl and the Boys - but she had Lana and Lizzo right there! She made a conscious decision that neither of those two were big enough to headline, and pumped for Guns N Roses instead. 

There's almost no metric by which SZA is a higher profile booking than Lana or Lizzo, so something has to have gone wrong along the way. I cannot envisage a world where Emily has thought 'that's my headliner there' having turned down bigger acts just the year prior

I don't think there's any doubt at all that SZA was their main choice or even second choice. 

Genuinely believe they tried for Madonna, Stevie and Bruce and haven't been able to come up with a deal.

Justice at West Holts is going to be insanely busy if indeed that's the Sunday clash. I'd advise getting there very early if anyone is planning on going.

Headliners: SZA isn't for me but I'll be at Coldplay and probably Dua Lipa based on this lineup. National "clashing" with SZA the best case scenario.

Rest of the lineup: Shania Twain, LCD, PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Janelle Monae, Avril Lavigne, Last Dinner Party, Brittany Howard, Soccer Mommy all people I'd be happy to see (Avril and Soccer Mommy probably my must sees in there)

Stuck 4 songs from everyone onto a spotify playlist and already finding more I'd like to see.

Not a wow lineup at all, but more than enough that I'm still thrilled that I got a ticket.

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The spectre of Sunday 2014 already risen in our group chat.

My Sunday headliner that year was Lizzo, playing to a crowd of about 30 people at the Pussy Parlure.

Edited by smogo

2 minutes ago, pablowoods said:

What an odd line up.

I'm not even sure who it's aimed at. A 50 year old dull housewife and her 12 year old daughters schoolrun car playlist or something 

isn't that a good thing? Shows a more diverse line up 

12 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I think Headliners 

• Dua Lipa great. she's popular and has good songs. Nothing that blows the mind as a choice but decent 
  • Coldplay - Personally I dont think they're interesting but they are one of the biggest bands in the world and would put on a great show. Really dont care if they played 5 times. Only been an issue if you been to the majority of the last 15 festivals and seen them more than once which is no alot of people + 8 years since they last played 
  • SZA - this one is weird - She's other stage headliner. The massive American artist they had is not her so something must have happened 

Other stage is brilliant 

With the seeming change in people who got tickets vs who normally does, that Coldplay show will be an incredible experience and Glastonbury moment that cements a lot of new attendees into coming back, because they haven't seen them there before.

They're only a bad booking for those who have been loads like you said, and it sounds like there are a lot less of those people this year 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Now, I don't want to go full Boomer here, but out of all of that there's only a handful I've ever heard of and only one act I would definitely go and watch, and that's Paul Heaton. I know that, as a mid-40s burnout who takes the kids these days, I'm not the target audience per se, but I can normally recognise more than this. Maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch?

My tuppence worth.

I won't watch any of those Pyramid headliners as they just aren't the sort of music I'm into, but rather than grumbling about it constantly I'll wait until the full line up comes out and find a suitable alternative, which given there's over 100 stages won't be difficult.

Lets be honest, all the moaning is because Glastonbury have constantly pulled it out of the bag for the last 15 years and now we have a year that's slightly 'underwhelming' everyone throws their toys out of the pram.

The easiest thing to do is if you don't like the line-up, is put the ticket back in the pot, have a year off and we will see you in the autumn for the 2025 ticket sale...that's what I would do if I didn't like the line up that much, although I know better,  and 5 days of camping with my mates, having a laugh and creating memories will be much better than being moody at home complaining because Coldplay are headlining again. 

Edited by gooner1990
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Second time at Glastonbury this year and despite it the poster being a little underwhelming I’m still tremendously excited. I’m here for the likes of SZA, Monae, Dua Lipa, Avril, LCD, Bloc Party, Jamie XX but I am hoping for some churn up style surprises down the line.

All in all it’s not spectacular and an Olivia Rodrigo or Stevie Nicks really could’ve elevated it for me personally - I also feel LCD should be an other stage header and it could get lost a bit on the Pyramid.

1 minute ago, dirtysteve said:

Now, I don't want to go full Boomer here, but out of all of that there's only a handful I've ever heard of and only one act I would definitely go and watch, and that's Paul Heaton. I know that, as a mid-40s burnout who takes the kids these days, I'm not the target audience per se, but I can normally recognise more than this. Maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch?

You don't recognise Coldplay? 🫣😅

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

My tuppence worth.

I won't watch any of those headliners as they just aren't the sort of music I'm into, but rather than grumbling about it constantly I'll wait until the full line up comes out and find a suitable alternative, which given there's over 100 stages won't be difficult.

Lets be honest, all the moaning is because Glastonbury have constantly pulled it out of the bag for the last 15 years and now we have a year that's slightly 'underwhelming' everyone throws their toys out of the pram.

The easiest thing to do is if you don't like the line-up, is put the ticket back in the pot, have a year off and we will see you in the autumn for the 2025 ticket sale...that's what I would do if I didn't like the line up that much, although I know better,  and 5 days of camping with my mates, having a laugh and creating memories will be much better than being moody at home complaining because Coldplay are headlining again. 

couldn't have said it better myself!

It's stacked for me.

My assumption is that SZA was headlining Other. After Madonna and Stevie pull out, she's been bumped up to Pyramid and the Idles boys have been drafted in. 

Imagine Madonna headlining SZA on other. I reckon that one simple change would have people saying it's a good lineup. Add Stevie Nicks and Chaka Khan into the mix and people would be loving it...

19 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Out of interest...what names would you have hoped for on there instead?

I don't rightly know, it's not my job to book a festival ;lineup I don't know who is out there. It'd be easy for me to say "she should have booked X, Y and Z" but for all I know those acts were contacted and for any reason said no.

I do know however that booking Coldplay for a fifth time this millennium is piss poor though.

This is the lineup we have though and IMO it's underwhelming.