Brit awards 2024

morph100

Re: Raye. She's not just a singer. She was a writer for others before and decided to go broke and go her own way. She is a genuine writer/ artist. and young and independent. So I can see her only getting better. 

She's not my personal taste but I can appreciate genuine talent. Especially talent that has years ahead of her.

Good for her. And I stand by saying she will headline Glasto in the next 4 years. 

Edited by danbailey80

There’s a few good females coming through that could end up on the headliners lists of the future!

Just now, panda97 said:

I have no issue with Raye, I think her music is fine, but is she really "sweeping the awards" level of good? Maybe I am completely missing something but I'm genuinely shocked she has won basically everything 

Who should have beaten her out of interest? 

1 minute ago, panda97 said:

I have no issue with Raye, I think her music is fine, but is she really "sweeping the awards" level of good? Maybe I am completely missing something but I'm genuinely shocked she has won basically everything 

I get you. But who else? That's the depressing thing. 

2 minutes ago, panda97 said:

15 years from now, people will wonder why she won so many. It's not like her success is on Adele levels, neither commercially nor critically.

But it is quite a weak bunch of nominees in fairness. She shouldn't have been nominated for Best New Artist though, and both Best Pop *and* R&B though. 

Edited by WhoOdyssey
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Who should have beaten her out of interest? 

I'm going to be honest, I haven't listened to extended amounts of every artist nominated for every award, so I can't really say who deserved each award

Maybe it's more of the macro vs micro outlook, looking at it overall I just don't feel she is of the level to sweep the awards, but maybe breaking it down award by award she does beat out the other nominees 

1 minute ago, WhoOdyssey said:

15 years from now, people will wonder why she won so many. It's not like her success is on Adele levels, neither commercially nor critically.

But it is quite a weak bunch of nominees in fairness. She shouldn't have been nominated for Best New Artist though, and both Best Pop *and* R&B though. 

Yeah best new artist was ridiculous considering she then say Clara first played her song 10 years ago. 

What should be a big f**king alarm call/ reminder to the music industry is that genuine artists who can sing and write/ produce their own music (therefore making what they say believable) will always trump the miming/ dance routine shite and ultimately sell more records. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, panda97 said:

It's like when Glass Animals were nominated for best new artist at the Grammys in 2022, a full decade after their first EP came out 

At least in their case it was a commercial breakthrough, which makes sense as it's basically a "Best Breakthrough" award.

Edited by WhoOdyssey

Raye will headline somewhere else at glasto this year and probably pyramid next year...only took Stormzy 2 albums And IMO Raye is a lot talented than him..

Yes - for some. Millions in fact.

I thought I would inject a little bit of happiness into a five page thread of people watching something having decided beforehand to be annoyed by it. 

The ‘everything is awful because it’s not made for me bore.’ The most boring type of bore.  

Edited by themuel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, themuel said:

Yes - for some. Millions in fact.

I thought I would inject a little bit of happiness into a five page thread of people watching something having decided beforehand to be annoyed by it. 

The everything is awful because it’s not made for me bore. The most boring type of Bore.  

Best legend I’ve seen on the farm … night all