Who do you want on the poster (other than the Pyramid Headliners)?

Mr Boo

8 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

i always wonder who it is that is actually going to Metallica shows these days?

i mean, don't get me wrong, i like the first four albums as much as the next guy, and i even like the Black album (and, controversially, i'll even admit that i like the Black album more than Kill 'em All).

but Metallica have not released anything good since 1991.

in all my years of going to metal gigs - i have never, EVER spoken to anyone, at all, EVER that says they actually like anything they have released since then.

so who is going to these shows?

New album and hard wired were both decent tbf 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Can they risk having someone like Metallica in the Churnups slot? Surely the general punter doesn't know enough of their songs.

You'd have a mass emptying of the Pyramid which could pose a safety risk.

Course you can. I doubt anyone in the field for the Churnups didn't know who it was apart from booze casualties and people who didn't give a sh*t what they were watching as they sit at the Pyramid all day.

Justice

The Blessed Madonna

LCD Soundsystem

Avril Lavigne

Nia Archives

MIKA

Spice Girls 

Joni Mitchell

Cypress Hill

Confidence Man 

Kae Tempest

BMTH

Jamiroquai

Ren

(Some possibles and a bit of wishful thinking haha)

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

50 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Justice

The Blessed Madonna

LCD Soundsystem

Avril Lavigne

Nia Archives

MIKA

Spice Girls 

Joni Mitchell

Cypress Hill

Confidence Man 

Kae Tempest

BMTH

Jamiroquai

Ren

(Some possibles and a bit of wishful thinking haha)

Jamiroquai is a shout! 🕺

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, -TLR- said:

i mean, don't get me wrong, i like the first four albums as much as the next guy, and i even like the Black album (and, controversially, i'll even admit that i like the Black album more than Kill 'em All).

in all my years of going to metal gigs - i have never, EVER spoken to anyone, at all, EVER that says they actually like anything they have released since then.

👋 Hardwired, Death Magnetic, 72 Seasons all decent. Load and Reload both had their moments. Basically everything apart from the unlistenable St. Anger has had at least some merit. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2024 at 9:12 AM, Euphoricape said:

Is this a wind up? Metallica, one of the biggest bands there's ever been..?

plus, they have already headlined the festival previously! So clearly there wouldn't be a mass exodus.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:59 AM, -TLR- said:

That is true of so many stadium/Arena bands though isn't it?  It's full of people that want to hear the stuff they love (usually the earlier stuff) and then don't mind the new stuff.

If you think of 2 of the touted Pyramid headliners for this year you don't exactly hear people very excited for new Coldplay material or Stevie Wonder material (I'm sure they will be out there in large numbers) but they are still going to be packing out the field with people like us. 

I still listen to new stuff from a band I loved which has massively gone off the boil in the hope that it is going to be a return to form or something as good as the earlier albums.  Very often a game of rapidly decreasing returns but sometimes a band hit's a late run of form.

4 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

No idea what JK is like live mind 🤷🏼‍♀️ I just think the music cries out a great night of dancing! 😊

Saw them support Stevie Wonder @ BST in 2010.

He was good fun. Not sure if he’d still have the same snake hips 14 years later! 

58 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Saw them support Stevie Wonder @ BST in 2010.

He was good fun. Not sure if he’d still have the same snake hips 14 years later! 

Just ended up down a youtube rabbit hole out of interest as I know they were about last year. We may have missed out on them last year on that merit... yeh the hips not so much any more 🤣

But vocals and band still sounding great...I stand by my choice and rather jel you got to see them last time!

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

Anyone remember Little Big? They kind of blew up around covid with this tune if I remember correctly -

Looks like they had to leave for the US shortly after Russia invaded Ukraine. I'd like to see these at the farm, it seems like they'd bring the party and would be a great fit for the festival