Campervan Entry Wednesday Night - Please HELP

Jacko45

So were arriving in Campervans East on Tuesday and my friend who is a teacher can only arrive on Wednesday evening. 

She has to also leave Sunday evening, she will drive down and park then leave. 

So a few questions:

1. Where can she park that's nearest to Campervans East (I know most carparks aren't very close)
  2. Will she be OK to get her wristband then gain access to the campervan fields without a pass in/out?

It's hard to get solid information, and I know they're super strict on the passes in and out of the CV fields. 

Thanks in advance. 

CV East shares the same entrance to the festival as the main carparks, so you can walk from one to the other - as long as she parks in East Carparks and not West.  

Everybody who parks in the east car parks has to walk through campervan east to get to the entry gate, so there won’t be a problem.

She will have to get a pass out after getting her wristband.

But after parking in an east carpark she will have already come through the campervan fields before getting her wristband.

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

37 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

So were arriving in Campervans East on Tuesday and my friend who is a teacher can only arrive on Wednesday evening. 

She has to also leave Sunday evening, she will drive down and park then leave. 

So a few questions:

1. Where can she park that's nearest to Campervans East (I know most carparks aren't very close)
  2. Will she be OK to get her wristband then gain access to the campervan fields without a pass in/out?

It's hard to get solid information, and I know they're super strict on the passes in and out of the CV fields. 

Thanks in advance. 

Park up , walk and meet your friends and head down to gate c for your wristbands

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 17-13-31 GlastoMap.png

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Christ. Thats some hike to Gate C.

It's fine if your camping in east family... probably 10 to 15 mins max from wherever you are to gate c... obviously only a few mins if just on the hill

14 hours ago, gazzared said:

It's fine if your camping in east family... probably 10 to 15 mins max from wherever you are to gate c... obviously only a few mins if just on the hill

Yeah I've stayed there a few times. Hike from the carpark I mean. 

Nightmare for the "trips back to the car for all our stuff" crew. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2024 at 4:41 PM, Jacko45 said:

t's hard to get solid information, and I know they're super strict on the passes in and out of the CV fields. 

there are no passes for accessing the cv fields as a person (a ticket is needed to get a vehicle in). so it shouldn't be an issue to get access.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2024 at 12:35 PM, donshakey said:

Hi all. Can activity recommend a gift Campsite for the Monday night pre festival? Ideally with a bar/offering food. 

How close do you want to be? I've put average distance on a normal traffic day.

I've never stopped in the van directly before the festival but here's some of my faves nearby. Food wise, you might struggle on a Monday night out of school holidays for any additional entertainment.

Petruth Paddocks (about 30 mins) Petruth Paddocks Caravanning | Camping | Glamping | Cheddar Somerset | Tel +44 (0) 1934 257055

Old Oaks (15 mins) Old Oaks | Award Winning Touring, Camping & Glamping In Somerset (theoldoaks.co.uk)

Bucklegrove (30 mins) Welcome - Bucklegrove Holiday Park - Part of the Wookey Hole LOVELY pool! 

You could also go for a car park/some street parking if you're feeling adventurous.

And my last suggestion would be to use Britstops and find a nice pub round there that will feed you a good meal and let you stop in the car park. Huge fan, and if you don't use already can highly recommend: Brit Stops: Authentic Motorhome Adventures Across the UK and Ireland

On 2/26/2024 at 2:20 PM, Neil said:

there are no passes for accessing the cv fields as a person (a ticket is needed to get a vehicle in). so it shouldn't be an issue to get access.

I've had my ticket checked arriving on a Wednesday morning to get to the gate c via the cv field, that was in 2019.

Related query: if I get the train + shuttle bus to the site, thus arriving at the station by pedestrian gate A, am I going to be able to then walk around the outside of the site to get to the east campervan fields, where the rest of my group will have arrived with the van?

10 minutes ago, snoelb said:

Related query: if I get the train + shuttle bus to the site, thus arriving at the station by pedestrian gate A, am I going to be able to then walk around the outside of the site to get to the east campervan fields, where the rest of my group will have arrived with the van?

Not easily.

If you have your ticket, you can walk through the site and that'll be much easier.

If they have your ticket, you need to get one of them to come to Gate A and meet you.

Walking the perimeter is going to be actively discouraged and so very difficult.

43 minutes ago, snoelb said:

Gate B to C or Gate A to D is walkable as it's they are on the same side of the site. otherwise what @incident has said is correct.

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

I've had my ticket checked arriving on a Wednesday morning to get to the gate c via the cv field, that was in 2019.

that was probably basic security, so randoms can't get near the fence to then jump over, if you go the other way to the cv fields thru gate c, they'll just let you thru, Because there isn't anything to say that a person is a campervan field resident.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Not easily.

If you have your ticket, you can walk through the site and that'll be much easier.

If they have your ticket, you need to get one of them to come to Gate A and meet you.

Walking the perimeter is going to be actively discouraged and so very difficult.

Ah ok. I will have my ticket -- I'll need it for the shuttle I think -- but if I've already entered the site, I won't be able to get a pass to then exit into the campervan fields, will I? Or will I?

16 minutes ago, snoelb said:

Ah ok. I will have my ticket -- I'll need it for the shuttle I think -- but if I've already entered the site, I won't be able to get a pass to then exit into the campervan fields, will I? Or will I?

Enter via gate A…. Walk across the site to gate C…. Exit Gate C into the CV Fields (They will give you a pass out as you exit)… Up the hill of Death and you are in CV20…

2 things :

- if you are camping with your friends in CV Fields, get them to take your stuff if possible (otherwise it will be a long walk - an hour or more - across site carrying stuff).. travel light…

- have your friends meet you at the bottom or top of HoD (dependent on your load)

enjoy!

26 minutes ago, snoelb said:

There's no special pass to go into the campervan fields so don't worry about that! The pass is only for the vehicle, and any festival goers can enter and exit the campervan fields. you'll be grand! Make sure you get them to bring your beers 😄

2 hours ago, snoelb said:

If you've got the shuttle bus then the festival site will either be open or opening soon, it'll be much easier walking through the festival site from gate A to C than trying to walk round the outside.