2024 New Music

Quark

7 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

As a massive fan of Withered Hand, I'm used to waiting ages for new music - just his 4th album in 15 years, hardly prolific! Worth the wait though IMO - the most underrated songwriter in Britain. 

Interesting I don’t know him at all but I am a big Kathryn Williams fan between the 2 of us we make the perfect superfan! 😂

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'll need to check it out. I liked his debut, but my attention sort of wandered. I used to live near him and would see him about all the time.

I had a nice chat with him in an interval at one of his gigs a few years ago. He seemed like a really lovely guy. Sadly the gig was only attended by about 20 people, so I don't think he'll be coming back to Cheltenham any time soon!

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Interesting I don’t know him at all but I am a big Kathryn Williams fan between the 2 of us we make the perfect superfan! 😂

Yeah, I knew her name but have never really listened to her stuff - I'll definitely check her out on the strength of this album. 

On 4/26/2024 at 9:34 AM, Claire96 said:

Yeah, loving the new St Vincent album!

Probably my favourite album of the year so far. A valuable lesson in the benefits of moving on from Jack Antonoff’s tired schtick (take note Swifty) 

if Violent Times is anything to go by, she’d write a cracking Bond them. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

On 4/27/2024 at 9:08 AM, Punksnotdead said:

Yeah, I knew her name but have never really listened to her stuff - I'll definitely check her out on the strength of this album. 

Listened to it today on the bus and you're right it's pretty lovely. Just saw they are playing Manchester but unfortunately I have another gig that day.

I was a bit rash on the new Taylor album. I called it a slog at the time and thought it was quite tedious…

I’ve given it a few more listens as I’m a fan and it really is a grower. To be honest I don’t think I’ll play the album in full that often and some of the lyrics are a bit clumsy but there’s definitely a few gems in there

• Upvote 1

New one from Orlando (ft Rhian from Wet Leg).
I’m a massive Maccabees fan and haven’t really connected with his solo stuff so far, but this is sounding much more like it. 

Edited by st dan
  • Upvote 1

New Ariana Grande is good, wouldn't put it above Thank U, Next but it's definitely got a fair few pop bangers in there (Supernatural, Bye, The Boy is Mine, Yes and?). It's a bit softer than previous albums and it works well.

30 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Knocked loose album out tomorrow. Been getting rave reviews, looking forward to it. Could they be on.the farm this year maybe..?

No chance at this point - it seems the festival has already hit their quota of ‘heavy’ bands, and I’d say they’re growing so fast as a band that come next festival they’ll be taking big slots and out of Glastonbury’s price range (not that they were ever overly likely in the first place, but had Glastonbury continued to book Gojira/Venom Prison-type bookings, then who knows). 

• Thanks 1