New Names Who'll (Hopefully) Smash The f**k Out Of G24

CaledonianGonzo

I really like what I’ve heard of Swim School, hopefully they’ll plot up at Worthy in 24.

Roosevelt isn’t exactly new as such but would be new to the Big G, and I’d love that to happen.

1 hour ago, rwoo said:

Yeah I know, but feel like I’d make an honourable mention with them making a resurgence this year. 

I could see them turning up at Glasto with them releasing new album this year. They are a band which deserves a reappraisal, if you ignore the first album they have done some great music and actually quite influential (seen them name checked by Kevin Parker).  That second album is fantastic.  But not a new name and don't think they would "smash it" in a way that people are hyped for their set either.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 4:30 PM, bernerber said:

Absolutely loving these!

Do you have any good sources to find new music along these lines online? Spotify playlists etc?

On 1/1/2024 at 11:40 AM, Kaboom Boxer said:

I hadn’t heard of any of these bands but had a listen poolside through most of yesterday and they’re all fantastic and have a very similar sound/ vibe. Have you got any other groups of a similar ilk that you would recommend? What genre would you call this?

All just BBC 6Music fodder, I wish they would do a 6Music wrapped as well as Spotify coz mine would dwarf the minutes. New Music Fix show with Deb Grant and Tom Ravenscroft in an evening is an absolute blinder. 

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I love Deb Grant. I wish they'd given her the driverime show instead of Huw Stephens.

Don't love her solo but her and Tom work great together. 

I like Huw though and I'm pleased for him. Been a long slog from his BBC Introducing show on Radio 1 when I was an adolescent, he's earned a top slot. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah - they're finally rid of the most boring man on radio, only to replace him with the runner up.

You forget that most people are boring. We love comfort and safety, especially after the trauma of a day at work. 

On 1/1/2024 at 12:37 PM, charlierc said:

I love The Japanese House and much as I am very much aware that Amber's project is not new at this point, apparently they've never done Glastonbury before judging by their setlist.fm record or a Google just now. So as a new to the festival idea, might be nice to see them get a shout.

Hmmm... she's doing UK shows in May then plays Bonnaroo in June and now lives in the USA. So I'm starting to think she won't be around.

• 2 weeks later...