New Names Who'll (Hopefully) Smash The f**k Out Of G24

CaledonianGonzo

They're not really my cup of tea, but my girlfriend has got big into them recently - Idles.

Yes, they're already established, but I think Glasto 2024 could be the set that takes them up a level. Those few songs from the new album absolutely slap, and I feel like it's about time that there was a heavier guitar act got people talking.

59 minutes ago, K2SO said:

They're not really my cup of tea, but my girlfriend has got big into them recently - Idles.

Yes, they're already established, but I think Glasto 2024 could be the set that takes them up a level. Those few songs from the new album absolutely slap, and I feel like it's about time that there was a heavier guitar act got people talking.

They have definitely already smashed it in 2019 and 2022. Would love them to be on Pyramid this year, they are only free on the Friday though.

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

They have definitely already smashed it in 2019 and 2022. Would love them to be on Pyramid this year, they are only free on the Friday though.

I caught a couple of songs in 2022, but was mainly just slowly passing through. I deifnitely think this year is going to be one where they're picked up on a more mainstream scale. I can see them headlining John Peel. If everything goes as I'm predicting, they're Pyramid subs next time they're on the farm.

• 1 month later...

In the absence of any lineup this weekend thought I’d resurrect this thread. What new music have people discovered that might be lower down the lineup this year but worth checking out? Found some brilliant recommendations this way last year that I might not have caught otherwise (eg Young Fathers, Wunderhorse, Big Moon). Who should be on our playlists this weekend?!

2 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

In the absence of any lineup this weekend thought I’d resurrect this thread. What new music have people discovered that might be lower down the lineup this year but worth checking out? Found some brilliant recommendations this way last year that I might not have caught otherwise (eg Young Fathers, Wunderhorse, Big Moon). Who should be on our playlists this weekend?!

Sprints might be your bag. Not seen them live yet but I am excited to and I’d be amazed if they are not at Glastonbury this year. 

• Thanks 1

CMAT smashed it at Woodside's last year, but her set wasn't televised. I think they might consider putting her on the Pyramid Stage in a prominent position this year based on that. Potential insta-superstar right there.

13 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

In the absence of any lineup this weekend thought I’d resurrect this thread. What new music have people discovered that might be lower down the lineup this year but worth checking out?

Partok, Cornelius, They Hate Change, Pangaea, Magic Wands, Compact Disk Dummies and Leith Ross. 

• Thanks 1

Going to work my way through some of these on this wet weekend! Had a listen to Sprints and New Dad last night - really liked both.

One I’d like to see back at Glastonbury is 49th & Main (Irish indie pop). They had an early slot on The Acoustic in 2022 and were brilliant would love to see them later in the day somewhere like Woodsies. New album out since then. Agree re CMAT. Caught end of her set before Big Moon last year & would watch her again. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Snayx. New punk rock band for fans of Kid Kapichi/Bob Vylan/Lambrini Girls. Phenomenal live act for a new band. Hoping for a set on Leftfield. 

Appreciate the suggestion, checking them out now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Going to work my way through some of these on this wet weekend! Had a listen to Sprints and New Dad last night - really liked both.

One I’d like to see back at Glastonbury is 49th & Main (Irish indie pop). They had an early slot on The Acoustic in 2022 and were brilliant would love to see them later in the day somewhere like Woodsies. New album out since then. Agree re CMAT. Caught end of her set before Big Moon last year & would watch her again. 

TBF Irish music having a real moment. Assume Brexit probably helping them out massively as they can still tour Britain without the hassle the rest of Europe has coming here and they can still travel Europe without the hassle British bands have.