Arcadia 2024

aj6658

14 minutes ago, Chazeboy said:

i genuinely don't think that the flames will be going anywhere - on the Glastonbury environment video they put out yesterday - they bigged up how they moved to Bio Fuel - with footage from the spider firing - or at least with the Arcadia area (my minds fuzzy as i type) but to me thats a "look we have moved from nasty fuel to recycled fuel" - much better - carry on

not to say one day it wont go away all together but as they mention they incrementally get better every year - i juts don't think itll be this year that it goes away

Yeah although isn't the biofuel switch in the video referring to using it to power the generators, rather than blasting it into the sky? I'm sure you are totally right and I would be surprised to see flames totally gone, but also with this big overhaul it feels to me like it could be possible.  

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

I see 'Trance' in your profile of interests - KI/KI often plays a lot of 'tech-trance' in her sets - melodic, but hard, techno at trance bpms. You should be in for a treat.

Ben

Hi Ben

Any other acts that you'd recommend elsewhere along similar sort of lines?

34 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

I would be surprised to see flames totally gone, but also with this big overhaul it feels to me like it could be possible.  

51 minutes ago, Chazeboy said:

i genuinely don't think that the flames will be going anywhere - on the Glastonbury environment video they put out yesterday - they bigged up how they moved to Bio Fuel - with footage from the spider firing - or at least with the Arcadia area (my minds fuzzy as i type) but to me thats a "look we have moved from nasty fuel to recycled fuel" - much better - carry on

not to say one day it wont go away all together but as they mention they incrementally get better every year - i juts don't think itll be this year that it goes away

Fire = confirmed

IMG_1490.thumb.jpeg.2f02e15e4dd3c0e0fcdba6a0775d7257.jpeg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

Hi Ben

Any other acts that you'd recommend elsewhere along similar sort of lines?

Hi there!

Not so much yet, though pop into the Electonica/Dance thread on Friday after Block9 drops and there will be masses of chat - and for the month run-up to the festival.

Highlight possibilities for me so far on the techno front are a little thin, so far. Kelly Lee Owens is a really intelligent DJ when she mixes, so she should be fab on The Levels on Friday. Aurora Halal will likely play hard techno in the new Assembly stage in Silver Hayes on Sunday, and Pangaea b2b Tasha should be excellent too.

If you like electro (and why wouldn't you...?) then DJ Stingray 313 is one of the world's best electro DJs and I've never seen anything other than stellar sets from him (Assembly, Sunday). In that genre, Unai Trotti is on the same stage on the Saturday.

As said, do drop into the E/D thread as the excitement builds - there is a wealth of knowledge in there and people are only too happy to give advice and recs to anyone.

Ben

x

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi there!

Not so much yet, though pop into the Electonica/Dance thread on Friday after Block9 drops and there will be masses of chat - and for the month run-up to the festival.

Highlight possibilities for me so far on the techno front are a little thin, so far. Kelly Lee Owens is a really intelligent DJ when she mixes, so she should be fab on The Levels on Friday. Aurora Halal will likely play hard techno in the new Assembly stage in Silver Hayes on Sunday, and Pangaea b2b Tasha should be excellent too.

If you like electro (and why wouldn't you...?) then DJ Stingray 313 is one of the world's best electro DJs and I've never seen anything other than stellar sets from him (Assembly, Sunday). In that genre, Unai Trotti is on the same stage on the Saturday.

As said, do drop into the E/D thread as the excitement builds - there is a wealth of knowledge in there and people are only too happy to give advice and recs to anyone.

Ben

x

Hero, thanks Ben

Every year I ask you the same question 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

Kelly Lee Owens is a really intelligent DJ when she mixes, so she should be fab on The Levels on Friday.

Just listened to her, love the sound and will be making a visit to Levels on Fri!

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I see 'Trance' in your profile of interests - KI/KI often plays a lot of 'tech-trance' in her sets - melodic, but hard, techno at trance bpms. You should be in for a treat.

Ben

I'm fresh out of reactions, so thanks mate, fingers crossed on my pint serving shifts!

I’m so excited about seeing what they come up with!

I’m imagining the four wings will display video and move up and down and tilt forward and back. That would give them so many combinations to work with. 

the surrounding area could be video mapped as well to provide contrast with the dragonfly. 

That together with fire and lighting would make this an amazing stage.

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yes, 100% the former.

It's very much a collaborative process to create something synergistic and different to them just playing alone every night. HAAi and KI/KI would seem, to me at least, a perfect match-up for a b2b. They've each played one of my favourite sets on the Farm - KI/KI on The Levels last year was amazing and HAAi on the old Genosys (to be reborn this year 🙌🏼) a few years ago remains one of the best techno sets I've ever seen. Absolutely spectacular. So, they seem a perfect combo to play alongside one another.

Ben

Gotta agree, that HAAI set on Genosys early hours if Sunday morning is one the best i've heard 👌

Buzzing today with Arcadia drop, cant wait for Block 9

2 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

Ok cool. So surely that would mean Eric Prydz is playing Sunday? What do we reckon?

The general consensus seems to be Saturday after his Cardiff show. Seems a pretty tight squeeze but it's doable. Also, Sunday looks like it's the DnB night. On a personal note, I'd love Prydz to be Sunday

6 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

If it's anything like this I'm all over it. Thanks for pointing this out!

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The general consensus seems to be Saturday after his Cardiff show. Seems a pretty tight squeeze but it's doable. Also, Sunday looks like it's the DnB night. On a personal note, I'd love Prydz to be Sunday

Yeah I’d love to see him Sunday too TBH. They’d have to chopper him in 🚁 from Cardiff pretty swiftly after he finishes. Maybe they’ll do what they did for Calvin a couple of years ago and just bang him on for an hour after the headliners.