SZA

gherkin8r

She's absolutely soared through the ranks in recent years. Imagine - especially with the context of other European bookings and the general idea few non-British artists understand Glastonbury's own place in the cultural conversation - that she would want Pyramid headliner or nothing.

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Maybe Other headliner, but I actually think she's a less talked about potential headliner in the coming years.

The only thing that vaguely dissuades me there is the sense that there are a lot in the queue in front of her, even if she was to take a hike in size over here.

18 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

She's absolutely soared through the ranks in recent years. Imagine - especially with the context of other European bookings and the general idea few non-British artists understand Glastonbury's own place in the cultural conversation - that she would want Pyramid headliner or nothing.

The only thing that vaguely dissuades me there is the sense that there are a lot in the queue in front of her, even if she was to take a hike in size over here.

Whilst it may well be true that she'd want Pyramid headline or nothing - she's no bigger than Lana Del Rey (both did around 80k tickets in London last summer) - so isn't Other headline or Pyramid sub her realistic level?  Which then makes it a question of whether their respective views can be aligned!

1 minute ago, goonerben said:

Whilst it may well be true that she'd want Pyramid headline or nothing - she's no bigger than Lana Del Rey (both did around 80k tickets in London last summer) - so isn't Other headline or Pyramid sub her realistic level?  Which then makes it a question of whether their respective views can be aligned!

Did LDR? I was under the impression her day at BST - while a very quick sell-out - was one of the 50,000-capacity events.

But regardless, yes - she's a strong Other headliner and Pyramid sub, but I don't know if she is a Pyramid headliner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Lana did about 50k to be fair.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2023 at 1:10 PM, FakeEmpire said:

I could see her doing Pyramid Sub (and this is absolutely what I am hoping for). It's true that she's getting headliner slots at most places but it's not too dissimilar to Lizzo's level last year.

doesn't have anything like the same penetration and recognition as lizzo

This was my initial attempt to leak the info given to me by my good friend Vera via her famous nephew. I thought it was dead obvious that I was acting all soft with the "oh is she that big?" etc. 

You can lead a horse to water.

1 minute ago, Alex DeLarge said:

She had the third most streamed album of the year in the UK. She's also headlining BST this year.

i'm sure that people who are into her are into her, i'm just saying her recognition and appeal doesn't seem to spread much wider

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

Biggest stretch Emily has ever made IMO.

8 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

She had the third most streamed album of the year in the UK. She's also headlining BST this year.

at least its someone that's  currently interesting a UK audience., an improvement on last year.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm sure that people who are into her are into her, i'm just saying her recognition and appeal doesn't seem to spread much wider

Fair Neil. I think I'm with you there - some artists have massive fanbases, but outside of their fanbase people may not be aware of them. Then you have people like Coldplay where no matter what you think of them you'll know a good 6/7 songs at least.

Edited by Alex DeLarge
run-on sentence read like shite
  • Like 1