THAT Oasis rumour

FestiHead

5 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Sure. Play THE most sought after reunion gig on THE most iconic stage of the world closing THE most iconic festival of the world with ZERO rehearsel just a day after you played your own gig? How are the odds?

10/1 with SkyBet. Wouldn't stress mate, nobody seriously thinks it's gonna happen based off a speculative hotel booking.

Doubt they'd need any rehearsal whatsoever for Noel to come on stage and play along with Liams band for a couple songs though for what it's worth.

I mean, with it being the 30th anniversary of Definitely Maybe; AND Liam finishing his tour on the Friday; AND it also being 30 years since Oasis's now legendary Sunday lunchtime Other Stage slot - it doesn't feel THAT unlikely that there might be something going on.  Would be very surprised if that involved Noel though.

19 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Sure. Play THE most sought after reunion gig on THE most iconic stage of the world closing THE most iconic festival of the world with ZERO rehearsel just a day after you played your own gig? How are the odds?

5 quid against it from me.

They were shite the last time - we left when Noel introduced "Little By Little" as his best song. Went over to Chems.

I get the pentup demand, but Oasis been pisspoor since 1997.

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I get the pentup demand, but Oasis been pisspoor since 1997.

I think a lot of the demand may come from them being actually pretty good in the last 2-3 years before they broke up.

And their last abum was their best since Whats the Story. But yeah theyre not playing.

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I think a lot of the demand may come from them being actually pretty good in the last 2-3 years before they broke up.

And their last abum was their best since Whats the Story. But yeah theyre not playing.

Mehh.

Also maybe I need to relisten but "Dig Out Your Soul" struck me as really lumpen coke-fuelled bollix. Oasis never a creative outfit but this was really stompy cod-psych horseshite.

IF oasis ever did a comeback the best way they could do it would be to take a Manchester residency either at the Etihad or Heaton Park and do like 4 nights a week for 6 weeks or something over the summer. it would sell out each night and they would make maximum revenue every night.

Based on Liam's DM tour next year there is no chance Oasis are going to show up at Glasto next year.

Noel is on record many times saying if they reform then it is for the money. 

If you can get past the personal/emotional reasons and financial reasons why they wouldn't do Glasto as their first gig then there are huge practical reasons. I've not even seen an account by either of them that says they have even been in the same room together.

There will need to be a lot of boring legal work to agree the band, contracts, who get's paid what - would take months I'm sure.

By his own admission Noel is also a massive control freak, to think that they would bowl up to headline the biggest and most visible music event in the UK with live television coverage on the BBC after not playing together for 15 years ....without any rehearsal! it is just crazy. 

I think that when they do reform they will probably find it hard to agree who even makes up a reformed Oasis and then agree the setlist.

Yes I think they will reform at some point and work through all the detail.  I don't think they will do it next year and they won't play Glasto as the first gig.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Quoasis 

Outstanding.

Growing up, (What's the Story) Morning Glory? was the record in our house from Oasis, to the point that I didn't discover a lot of their stuff until the Don't Believe the Truth era, give or take. (I was really not into my own music when younger.)

Which means I really like a lot of their singles - but also feel that a lot of their broader records are shite, Definitely Maybe included. 

I had a massive love for Falling Down just before they imploded, a love reinforced by the fact I got into anime a few years later and - for some unfathomable reason - it was the opening theme song.