Coach sale winners - what was your set up?

prestonmanc

Coach sale winners - what was your set up?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Did you use Auto Refresh?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which browser(s) did you get through on?

• Chrome
    • Safari
    • Edge
    • Firefox
    • Other

Every time I have been successful, it has been with one tab, one browser, one device on the Wi-Fi. Didn’t realise this pattern until earlier this week, and I was successful tonight with that recipe. My GF was trying with our two phones on 4G. 

The only time I failed (last year) was with 5-6 devices on our home Wi-Fi and auto-refreshers. 

• Like 1

Chrome

autorefresh - Finds - Administration Fee

set the timer to 1.25 secs.

got through when the seetickets tweet said sold out.

i clicked every location i wanted Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Taunton. Each time refreshing when it said “all allocated” 

just did it for 5mins. But randomly Birmingham at the end sent me through to payment section.

couldn’t believe it 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drfoxxx said:

One browser on the laptop, got in at 5.58 and input reg's. got thrown out and got them 6.07 by just f5ing one page.

Nearly got through on my work phone on 4g but just sold out as I went for taunton. 

How did you manage to get in early out of interest - as the link for weds/thurs coaches only become available at 6? Did you guess the link? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TGCarr said:

Chrome

autorefresh - Finds - Administration Fee

set the timer to 1.25 secs.

got through when the seetickets tweet said sold out.

i clicked every location i wanted Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Taunton. Each time refreshing when it said “all allocated” 

just did it for 5mins. But randomly Birmingham at the end sent me through to payment section.

couldn’t believe it 

What plugin / app do you use for the autorefresh? Thanks

Without a poll to show how many people used each thing overall this doesn't show very much.

Edge could be amazing and near 100% as who uses that shite vs chrome which most people use so maybe the current 11 successes is out of 100+ people trying

My setup was...

Chrome on a desktop PC via ethernet in the Wednesday queue

Chrome on a Chromebook laptop via WiFi in the Thursday queue

Chrome on a Pixel phone via 4g in the Wednesday queue

Manually freshing on all three

Got through at 6:13 on the laptop. Chose a London coach time, clicked through but the next page said that time had gone. Went back and selected another one. Booking complete at 6:16.

Edited by cp89

Same every year.  

The only patterns that matter are having more people & devices trying for your group and never give up. Slow & steady F5 single browser tabs in every device, don’t wait for 20 sec auto refresh (won’t cause problem unless spamming servers with 30+ requests/ min). Don’t believe any sold out, unavailable, error message (F5 & resubmit data for any errors on transaction page), keep trying till 10+ min after official sellout confirmation, as locked tickets can drop back into available pool. 

Good luck to everyone on Sunday!

Edited by I am Jon
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, gordong said:

Every time I have been successful, it has been with one tab, one browser, one device on the Wi-Fi. Didn’t realise this pattern until earlier this week, and I was successful tonight with that recipe. My GF was trying with our two phones on 4G. 

The only time I failed (last year) was with 5-6 devices on our home Wi-Fi and auto-refreshers. 

This has been my experience too. Multiple tabs or multiple browsers on one device just slows it down. I would use 1 device on wifi and one tethered to a mobile hot spot on my phone.

Saying this though, I wasn't successful yesterday but someone got a coach ticket for me.

11 of us trying solely for Thursday coach, set-up with advice from those ITK on here. Chrome auto refresh, keep under the 60/minute, reduce wifi overload with 5G, etc. Not a sniff.

Have one mate who is, shall we say, technologically challenged. Said to him, go for Wednesday mate, why not. Didn’t want him to feel left out. Not sure he even knew how to refresh the page properly.

Got us 6 tickets. Through to reg page at 6:08 I believe. There’s just no logic to the sale at all.

Tempted to go for his old-school one-tab method on Sunday for the others.

• Upvote 1

Team of five people trying from 4 different locations - think we had 10 devices between us.

Winning machine was a Chromebook tethered to a 5G phone, manually refreshing at about 2-5 second intervals, with auto form filling extension to fill in booking page.

Had the dreaded white screen at 18:00, pressed F5 randomly until it cleared - tickets in the bag at 18:04.