Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Magic89 said:

Rutherglen store had loads of cheese and sandwiches for this years glasto,same store had none this time 

I wonder how well it sold? I would imagine that if sales weren’t great they won’t stock it this year. Maybe after Xmas it might reappear. Everytime I see a coop I tend to wander in just to see if it’s stocked! 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I wonder how well it sold? I would imagine that if sales weren’t great they won’t stock it this year. Maybe after Xmas it might reappear. Everytime I see a coop I tend to wander in just to see if it’s stocked! 

I was buying a few sandwiches every day or two to enter comp for a few in our group that didn't have tickets,it seemed well stocked every few days with new ones 

14 hours ago, hoopy67 said:

Bought two blocks last night. I would also add that it has to be one block per transaction to get an entry per block. So best do this on self-service to avoid looking slightly odd.

Better to appear a bit odd (or claim you are also shopping for a friend/relative) than use those machines. No to self service checkouts!

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

My local Co-op seems to have Worthy Cheddar all year round....

I've seen this floating around on socials...https://playfundwin.com/draw/win-vip-tickets-to-glastonbury?fbclid=IwAR3ld9yMxEFiwt3JyMjuystfwg0VLmP7z7OHDkgddYMt6cpPsdmaqNRjT98
Having read the terms and conditions it sounds a bit dodgy. You can enter via post for free, but I think that's something that all pay per entry competitions have to offer (you see this with the ITV and Radio competitions) Enter at your own risk! I'm sure it's legit but I'll stick to buying cheese. 

Edited by cb4747

25 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

I've seen this floating around on socials...https://playfundwin.com/draw/win-vip-tickets-to-glastonbury?fbclid=IwAR3ld9yMxEFiwt3JyMjuystfwg0VLmP7z7OHDkgddYMt6cpPsdmaqNRjT98
Having read the terms and conditions it sounds a bit dodgy. You can enter via post for free, but I think that's something that all pay per entry competitions have to offer (you see this with the ITV and Radio competitions) Enter at your own risk! I'm sure it's legit but I'll stick to buying cheese. 

I've contacted Glasto to ask if it's legit. Could find very little info about this company online so I'm also apprehensive to cough up any money.

Will let you know what I find out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Anyone fed up with eating mountains of cheese yet??

I've gone through 3 blocks this month. At least it's a (sort of) nice cheddar. Melts well. Kids like it. Husband seems to think that the cheese could be tainted with the urine of festival goo-ers so he's avoiding it 🤣

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

I've gone through 3 blocks this month. At least it's a (sort of) nice cheddar. Melts well. Kids like it. Husband seems to think that the cheese could be tainted with the urine of festival goo-ers so he's avoiding it 🤣

Given that the aforementioned urine might also be tainted with other substances the cheese might have a higher street value than just the three quid per block 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Response from Glasto - this competition is bogus.

"

Hi hoopy67,

Thanks for your enquiry. As per the Festivals terms and conditions – Tickets are only valid when purchased from official agents. Tickets bought from other sources will be refused admission.

Tickets cannot be used as part of any advertising, endorsement, sponsorship, marketing, media campaign, sales promotion, staff reward programme or used in any competition whether commercial or non-commercial without prior written permission of GFEL.

This isn’t an authorised competition.

Best Wishes,

YY"

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mufcok said:

I'm a little confused.

I was buying copious amounts last year (to no avail), and they did draw every month. This time it says the below on the website/T&C's - is it only running this month, or is that gonna be amended every month between now and next June?

image.thumb.png.aa7af2a7ca10ae5553741b1297cb35e8.png

I’m taking it as read, the competition has changed and it’s only running for a brief period. Winners announced within 2 weeks of the closing date. 

17 hours ago, hoopy67 said:

Response from Glasto - this competition is bogus.

"

Hi hoopy67,

Thanks for your enquiry. As per the Festivals terms and conditions – Tickets are only valid when purchased from official agents. Tickets bought from other sources will be refused admission.

Tickets cannot be used as part of any advertising, endorsement, sponsorship, marketing, media campaign, sales promotion, staff reward programme or used in any competition whether commercial or non-commercial without prior written permission of GFEL.

This isn’t an authorised competition.

Best Wishes,

YY"

Sneaky rascals. 

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m taking it as read, the competition has changed and it’s only running for a brief period. Winners announced within 2 weeks of the closing date. 

I’m inclined to agree. They never offered 10 pairs of tickets in one month last year - generally one pair a month with a couple of exceptions with 5 pairs if I remember correctly 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

can be frozen if not 

true, though I do eat quite a lot of the stuff - end of Jan for the (current) 3 blocks. Would totally have got more but there were just 3 left!!

If I can source some more in the next few days it might be in freezing territory though...

Haven't tried it yet. Hope I like it...

Edited by efcfanwirral