Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, tjfish said:

I'm baffled, if it's the case of people not being unorganised ... F*ck'em.

If it's a case that something isn't working behind the scenes... be honest!

The reason they've since given is not good enough imo.

1 hour ago, Harebell said:

Weird and annoying, sooo last mintue...something must have gone wrong behind the scenes, always amazes me how Glastonbury is so big and been running forever but is kinda amateur too...like the covid livestreaming problems!

I was going through my posts from that time in that thread last night. I thought I was angry then...!

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Why do you care? No offence but you just try in two weeks instead. It's a minor inconvenience at most

Minor inconvenience my arse.

It's a major inconvenience you arse.

Not often I downvote.

45 minutes ago, xDanny said:

When you get the email with a list of registrations, does the link that they send to 'View, edit or delete' actually load anything?

I updated mine a few weeks ago and could see my details, photo etc but now the link just takes me to a generic registration page - not my profile. I'm wondering if this is the cock up?

I posted a lot about this yesterday. Things were/still are unnecessarily confusing.

Contacted GFL and the reply I got was generic and didn't answer the point at all.

41 minutes ago, FrankieX said:

That might be the reason it's two weeks, to give people time to make sure they're available during the sales.

FFS people look a year ahead to see if they've got ticket day off or not.

29 minutes ago, stuie said:

^^ This.

can you imagine if they let it go ahead and then the socials were full of people with confirmation of their registration and being unable to buy tickets.

That would be much much worse. 

OK. Fair point.

16 minutes ago, Skier68 said:

Trying to find a positive in this whole fiasco.

At least when I fail in a couple of weeks time, I will have 2 weeks less to wait until the resale.

Trying hard to be positive.

Plan of action is to make a call to work to see if I can get that Saturday night shift off (day off today or I would already have been on it). That's weekend hours I'll have to make up somewhere. If it's a "No" I'm screwed.

So stressed I'm weeping. Where's that mental health thread?

5 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

It's basically impossible for this to be the case as there were so many accounts registered in previous years that will still be active; even if every single person who needed to re-confirm their account was deleted from the system, there'll still be well over a million accounts active

wrong no way they have 1 million registrations 

Edited by Crazyfool01

41 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Lots of others who weren't available this weekend will now be able to make it though, swings and roundabouts 

not the same, and you know it, we've known the rough sale date for a year, my group keep those weekends free. Then we get the date confirmed and we make sure we're not busy. You can't do that on 2 weeks notice. 

5 minutes ago, goonerben said:

People WERE asked to check again - an email on 17th Oct, a tweet on 30th Oct, and the ticket page has said for the last month that people should check!

If you were asked to confirm your registration and check it again and you did it all at the first time of asking... then why should you be expected to check it again each time they tweet or email a reminder? That's just nonsense. Once you have followed their instructions and done what they asked then it is reasonable to expect that it has been done correctly.

Edited by Mark_safc

Have sympathy for those whose registrations were cocked up but have zero sympathy to the parties that cocked them up and also left it all til very last minute to postpone the sale. Poor show. Confused why I've already seen several people defending them on socials.

Selling a certain % of tickets at a later date would've been a better call.

Just now, majormajormajor said:

genuinely curious - why are people so upset about this? why does it matter when it's on sale?

people get worked up about such insignificant things.

Bit of a piss take for people who works shifts and had taken time off etc. Although I agree it’s being overplayed. 

Just now, majormajormajor said:

genuinely curious - why are people so upset about this? why does it matter when it's on sale?

Cos a lot of people organise their calendar to have free slot for ticket sale dates, and now are mid air flying etc when the new date happens. People have taken time off work and can't get time off at the new date. People have others helping and now can't arrange the new date/feel bad about mucking helpers about. Etc.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Well collect the money before then

There's a bit more to it than that - because you don't know who from your group of 6 is going to get through. 

Lots of groups work on the basis that everybody has £450 in their account, does the payment if they get through, then collects the money later.

Admittedly, you could collect the £450 into one person's account, and that person's details get used whoever gets through - but that does add an extra thing that could go wrong!

2 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

If they announced it last week, I wouldn’t get a sh*t. The fact that it was 4 hours before and I’ve got everything organised/planned for tonight and Sunday has annoyed me! 

33 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

I can access mine just fine theough the confirmation email.

Mine were fine, been checking every few days.  Today, if get the email with all the reg's linked to that address, the click through links don't work though, nor does the reg check here : https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

Have they disabled reg lookup?

10 minutes ago, goonerben said:

People WERE asked to check again - an email on 17th Oct, a tweet on 30th Oct, and the ticket page has said for the last month that people should check!

They weren’t asked to check again if they’d already checked and had confirmation. 

They were reminding people who hadn’t checked to check. 

1 minute ago, goonerben said:

There's a bit more to it than that - because you don't know who from your group of 6 is going to get through. 

Lots of groups work on the basis that everybody has £450 in their account, does the payment if they get through, then collects the money later.

Admittedly, you could collect the £450 into one person's account, and that person's details get used whoever gets through - but that does add an extra thing that could go wrong!

You can pay by cc too, right? So you don't need to actually have the money. 

Just now, CurlyPutz said:

Mine were fine, been checking every few days.  Today, if get the email with all the reg's linked to that address, the click through links don't work though, nor does the reg check here : https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/registration/lookup

Someone above said their lookup still works. 

2 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

as I said, works for me and i just clicked through that link. 

14 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

I've run the numbers here based on little information, no science and no inside information.

Scenario 1: If you thought your registration was valid, had done everything right and only after the deadline realised your registration didn't work.  That is 100% unfair to miss out on trying to buy tickets.

Scenario 2: If you have been inconvenienced by the rescheduling, have to make alternative plans, call in favours to help buy tickets because you are now at work, have to make do with lesser internet connections etc.  This is all bad, and I sympathise.  It's painful.

Scenario 2 is bad.  But it is less than the 100% unfairness in scenario 1.

That's doesn't mean I'm not sympathetic, I am.  But imagine those people who thought they had no chance at all.  That's not on.

There's really nothing more to be said than this. 

It stops people from being unfairly excluded from the festival, it causes an inconvenience for others who have two weeks to make arrangements

The wailing and pearl clutching on here is frankly embarrassing 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

You can pay by cc too, right? So you don't need to actually have the money. 

Someone above said their lookup still works. 

Yeah I spotted that too.  Not for me, the reg check form posts back here : https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

I do get the email with my list of confirmed regs, just can't click the link for each to edit, nor do a manual edit via the form (post code/reg number)  How strange.

Edited by CurlyPutz
added detail.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

They weren’t asked to check again if they’d already checked and had confirmation. 

They were reminding people who hadn’t checked to check. 

Ok, we can debate forever who the message of "check your registration" was aimed at.

I checked in early October that mine were still there, despite doing what they asked in September (and receiving confirmation).  Not checking in October shows a level of trust in See Tickets that (evidently) was much higher than justified!  And plenty on here seem to have been doing the same - checking regularly, despite having had confirmation that their registration would be retained.

19 minutes ago, NotAnInsider said:

From the sound of it you were going to get 100s, if not 1000s, getting through to the booking page and finding they don't have a valid registration despite following the instructions back in August. Delaying getting in £10m of deposits by a few weeks isn't something the festival are going to do lightly. It's clearly a big issue on their end.

Interesting that some of the big booking groups are kicking off, saying they won't have the cash to pay 6 deposits towards the end of the month. It could change the dynamic somewhat.

I think this is the big one - there's presumably been a steady trickle of people realising something's gone wrong this week contacting Seetickets (this happened to one of my friends, who swears down he re-confirmed, obviously recognises he should have checked sooner, but I think Seetickets were trying to look into it), but I would guess far more people who may be affected wouldn't realise until they, or someone else in their group, tried to book tickets tonight and on Sunday.

At that point, when groups of 6 get denied and then miss out on tickets because one person's registration was incorrectly deleted, and people start shouting about it on social media, you can see the concern at Glasto's end that this was going to be a real nightmare. 

Obviously, not great to delay so last minute, but suspect the storm of that will die down much quicker than the alternative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

There's really nothing more to be said than this. 

It stops people from being unfairly excluded from the festival, it causes an inconvenience for others who have two weeks to make arrangements

The wailing and pearl clutching on here is frankly embarrassing 

some empathy wouldn't go amiss