2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

1 minute ago, Scrump said:

Thank you. So does that mean they could then redistribute you to one of a number of up addresses that are hidden behind this one?

I'm wondering whether it's worth updating my host file so that it has this IP address in. I know it doesn't make much difference anyhow but it's all about marginal gains!

Having your hosts file say the same thing that DNS would answer with anyway?

The gains on that are so marginal as to be effectively invisible.

If you do try that, make sure to double check very shortly before the sale as there's precedent for See to change things (not that I think they will, in this specific case).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Having your hosts file say the same thing that DNS would answer with anyway?

The gains on that are so marginal as to be effectively invisible.

If you do try that, make sure to double check very shortly before the sale as there's precedent for See to change things (not that I think they will, in this specific case).

Yep from what little I know I agree. Don't think I'll bother!

5 minutes ago, Scrump said:

Thank you. So does that mean they could then redistribute you to one of a number of up addresses that are hidden behind this one?

I'm wondering whether it's worth updating my host file so that it has this IP address in. I know it doesn't make much difference anyhow but it's all about marginal gains!

Well I'm no technical bod but if you change your hosts file and they decide to use a different or additional IP's you may have problems! I suppose if you are not trying for coach tickets and are waiting for the main sale you could try it on Thursday as an experiment or if you are using multiple devices just try it on one of them.

52 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

All the IPs will change on the day.

Unlikely tbh.  See's set up changed ahead of the April resale and moved from advertising 5 X IPs via DNS to the single Azure IP we still see now.

Fully agree though there's little point in adding that IP to a Hosts file....it would only be of any benefit if the DNS service itself failed which is highly unlikely.

16 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

Postcodes - do they accept it with/without a space, or does it need to be one way or the other?

As long as it’s the right one it doesn’t matter- some international zip codes are a bit different to Uk postcodes though so just make sure you add it as it was registered. 

22 hours ago, JoeSchmo said:

Good podcast but you mentioned 4 tickets max for the coach sale. Can people confirm if that's the case? I'm trying for coach tickets this time and I thought it was 6. There's 5 of us in the group and if it's indeed 4 max, there will be a very awkward conversation to be had before Thursday.

Thank you for the feedback and I really appreciate you picking up in that.  @Crazyfool01 picked up on that too.  It's 6 in the coach.  The podcast has been edited so others don't think its 4.  Thanks again!

I'm going to try for coach tickets for my daughter and her mates.  I just read that you need to choose your arrival day before you join the queue.  If they can arrive on either day, I'm thinking it would be better for half the group to choose Wednesday and half Thursday to maximise their chances.  Is that right?

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think there are far more departures on the Wednesday than the Thursday so not sure it would help.

There are far more on the Wednesday, for sure. But given that everyone goes for Wednesday first, it's also true that Wednesday tends to fill up faster.

Hey gang. Past two attempts I have gotten 99% of the way there. Denied on 2FA both times which is hard to take.

My question is about how the pages react once you're out of the queue.

I found it quite easy to get onto the booking page, but I then spend 30-40 minutes being rejected out of pages, refreshing them, seeing open slots, not seeing open slots, typing in details over and over again.

Has anyone got some advice of how to trick the system into letting me get let through to the various stages?

I've spoken to some more tech savvy pals who talk about typing in details, going through to the next page and then actually going back again so your details appear automatically, but that sounds like it doesn't make sense.

Apologies if I'm talking nonsense but would love some tips on how to navigate that stage of the process (if there are any)

Yeah, DNS host trick worked only for one year, when they kinda had one server not loaded on DNS and it was very easy to get to the sales page that way. Good times. Since then they fixed that. Better to have few international IP adresses in different browsers (that way, you are few different people).

Edited by ChewieDC

8 minutes ago, ChewieDC said:

Yeah, DNS host trick worked only for one year, when they kinda had one server not loaded on DNS and it was very easy to get to the sales page that way. Good times. Since then they fixed that. Better to have few international IP adresses in different browsers (that way, you are few different people).

If you're suggesting using a VPN to give you international IP's then see first, maybe second, post in this thread.

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If you're suggesting using a VPN to give you international IP's then see first, maybe second, post in this thread.

Yeah, saw that. VPN is not a way to go. Better to have residental IP adresses. Tested a few and got in no problems. Coach Tickets sale will be testing ground. If I will get in without any hussle (I have like an army of virtual people ready), can help other people in general sale 🙂

Edited by ChewieDC