Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

On 1/15/2024 at 10:15 PM, Serenefishy said:

Khurangbin are playing a bunch of European festivals in July, sure they would be popular at the farm again.

Did you get any insight from other members without me reading everything? 

they were great at as the sub headliner for park in ‘22. But do you think they’d come back for a lower spot on other or pyramid? 

9 minutes ago, Carpyrob said:

Did you get any insight from other members without me reading everything? 

they were great at as the sub headliner for park in ‘22. But do you think they’d come back for a lower spot on other or pyramid? 

They'd need a hat, like everyone else.

On 1/31/2024 at 9:58 AM, goonerben said:

If (for example) Body Count were in a 5pm slot at Hellfest one day, then a reasonably late (or even very late, a la Truth Stage 3am) the following day - that is completely doable.

A 3am slot when they’re playing Manchester 18 hours later might be a stretch. 

5 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The festival never seems to book 80s alternative stuff like that - in the past few years obviously you've had The Cure and Billy Idol, but I'd love to see bands like The Human League and OMD around.

Aye - its been noted (admittedly usually by me, but nevertheless....)

The stars of the 60s and 70s are starting to vanish off of the map, so they should be looking to the 80s for the next generation of heritage acts.

Maybe the reticence is around never actually booking the likes of Prince or George Michael when they were a going concern....but as a decade the 80s been slept on, particularly when any old middle of the road 90s Britpop band has usually had 7 or 8 appearances on the farm.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

particularly when any old middle of the road 90s Britpop band has usually had 7 or 8 appearances on the farm.

I think festivals are going through a bit of a crisis on this front at the minute as well. These britpop bands don't have a long shelf life at all, and they're all over smaller festival lineups these days. Usually met with bafflement and boredom by anyone under 40. 

A few have clung on, obviously you have the big three (Blur, Oasis, Pulp) and bands who had bigger hits like James still pull a crowd, but you're far more likely to hear Depeche Mode, New Order, Tears for Fears etc. played out these days. 

TFF would absolutely smash a sub-headline set as well. 

• Upvote 1