Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

On 11/3/2023 at 6:34 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

https://twitter.com/TeenageFanclub/status/1720508987106382286?t=-NTD_T9DVmfYCWt3wyNkBQ&s=19

Perennial MIA power-poppers the Teenage Fannies again not appearing at the G next June.

Why - that link has been deleted. They haven’t played in years and years so about time they played. They are doing some Scottish festivals in July. 

On 11/4/2023 at 9:05 AM, northernangel said:

I think Keane are going to play a little higher than people expect at Glastonbury. 3rd or 4th Pyramid lowest, get them on before Sting.

Sorry what have I missed here? I remember seeing some Sting talk a month or so back on here but thought it was quickly realised he couldn't/wouldnt be at GF. Is there new info?

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry what have I missed here? I remember seeing some Sting talk a month or so back on here but thought it was quickly realised he couldn't/wouldnt be at GF. Is there new info?

There's no info. They just want Sting to be there.

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yeah just his forest shows that put him there. But there is literally maybe 1/2 at a stretch acts that do forest shows at Glastonbury the same year. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Sting would actually be a good legend but obviously not this year.  He does a good job of mixing in Police songs. Would obviously be 80% that in that slot.

He would be but there is also a slot 3rd down on Saturday they could give him in an extended slot they have done before. I could see Coldplay, female pop act, Sting with a 1hr 15 minutes set in 3rd place or simply just give him a sub slot.

• Upvote 1

The only counter I'd run against Sting for subbing is that they tend to like an act with a bit of current commercial currency in there. George Ezra, Liam Gallagher, Vampire Weekend, Sam Fender, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Lorde, Royal Blood, Lizzo, Lil Nas X... by and large, that pool of Pyramid subs are all bands who are still in possession of some chart appeal (even if the Gallagher brothers are still broadly trading on past glories.)

The last Sting record to trouble the top ten was in 2003, unless you count his Shaggy collaboration. He's definitely got the material to fill an extended sub slot, in the same way he has enough material to justify having the Legends Slot. But if he's not getting the latter, I think he would probably be only third down?

Stevie Nicks < Sting < ??? < Madonna would be quite the potential hit parade though.

23 minutes ago, thewomble said:

053F1BF2-8023-4C2B-BE87-B76DEA37C81A.webp.11de3e05584060a63c8eee549a27d2af.webp

Hozier around the weekend after Glasto. Is it likely he’d be back in 2024 after the secret set this year? 

Dont think he’ll be there again, but Brittany Howard would be nice.