Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Looks like they've realised ther blurring skills were a bit crude and slow.

This has tickled me quite a bit. Did nobody working there squint a bit and say ‘well that clearly says Jessie Ware’!?

Would Chaka Khan headline Holts, or maybe sub like Candi did this year? Could also pop up with Bombay and the lads.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Prefer Marr to Mozz. Might be sacrilege... he plays better tunes.

Not sacrilege at all! After years of watching Moz and his backing band play Smiths tunes, the first time I saw Marr he opened with panic and I remember turning to my mate and saying, that’s what it’s supposed to sound like. His voice has come on a lot the more he’s had to be the frontman too. The fact he’s not begrudgingly playing them also helps, plus there’s Electronic tunes thrown in for good measure on top of his recent solo output which has some blinders in it. Wish he’d play some Modest Mouse and The The as well! I’m biased though as he was the reason I liked The Smiths in the first place, took me a while to warm to Morrissey’s yodelling.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It would be a decent step down size-wise but I dunno if we can completely rule out Chaka Khan in the Legends Slot.

Not gonna totally rule her out because there’s every chance they struggle to book a suitable act one year and have to go a bit smaller, but given the slots she gets at other fests - headlining novelty festivals like Mighty Hoopla etc - I really can’t see her getting the big gig. 

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

Not gonna totally rule her out because there’s every chance they struggle to book a suitable act one year and have to go a bit smaller, but given the slots she gets at other fests - headlining novelty festivals like Mighty Hoopla etc - I really can’t see her getting the big gig. 

Yeah, it would be a bit B list. But if the Chers and Stevies and Mariahs have all demurred that might be the way the cookie has crumbled.