Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Would be insane if they’re not there in some capacity, although there goes the theory of Glastonbury being their big farewell (not that that really mattered.. just would’ve been cool). 

Yeah as much as it's not nailed on, I can't see a period going past where it doesn't happen. Virtually no reason to miss a secret set this year either. I think they are going to do Way Out West in Sweden the same weekend as Oyo while they are up there which would rule out Boardmaster.

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Be in Sheffield if there was a another big goodbye

Yes, it doesn't rule Glastonbury out of being their final UK festival though. This does hamper that feeling slightly.

55 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That would put him in the vicinity of the Legend Slot if Emily hadn't confirmed it's not a blerk.

Doesn't feel like there's a place for him really.

I'm sure that EE said it was a female legend, which is a shame. Sting's setlist from that tour would go down really well on el Pointo.

Well its that or nothing. Hes not headlining but theres 60 mins in there of tunes everyone knows. 

But yeah, Im not sure how seriously he would take it. Or maybe hed just be happy to play and get on the Beeb.

Then again, went to a restaurant where Sting lives in Tuscany and saw this Brentastic pic on the wall.

image.thumb.png.d2bcc560a8e3a75e22a122221737ea84.png

image.png.fbadb2b2d4340f47735a38b249ad66a9.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

FB_IMG_1698390240064.jpg

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Where would he play? Third down on the Pyramid maybe? 

I'd go 3rd down

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That would put him in the vicinity of the Legend Slot if Emily hadn't confirmed it's not a blerk.

Doesn't feel like there's a place for him really.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd be surprised if Sting would see himself playing second fiddle to someone like Pink or Dua Lipa.

I think he could do 3rd down Saturday in the Costello/Robert Plant slot so to speak, the Aerosmith slot. I mean it Aerosmith were going to accept it. I would be made up if he was there and a second year of touring. There would be nothing wrong in taking a special slot than Plant got, he will know he's not subbing and he's 72 now so it's getting to now or never....and his second year of this tour.

Last year though, Tom Grennan I think was the only act to play the headline first shows slot and play Glastonbury too.

Edited by northernangel

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Not confirmed yet but I'd expect Pulp to be at Primavera which would essentially nail Glastonbury on. 

You expect Pulp to do a festival in June which is near glastonbury so based off your expectation they would be nailed on

Very insightful mate 😂

Could say the exact same about their dates this summer yet they didn't play lol

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

You expect Pulp to do a festival in June which is near glastonbury so based off your expectation they would be nailed on

Very insightful mate 😂

Could say the exact same about their dates this summer yet they didn't play lol

Just a snobby reply to but honest.

The fact they didn't even do a secret set and they would place themselves in Europe before Glastonbury. There is not many places far overseas where they would get the billing they want. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Surely Sting could do a third down Pyramid slot similar to Robert Plant, Elvis Costello and other oldies who’ve done similar. Does seem like it’d be a wasted future legend slot, but it’s possible he’s not interested in that kind of thing.

Or he’s just not playing…

Top 3 Saturday of Coldplay, Olivia, Sting. That would be belting.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Surely Sting could do a third down Pyramid slot similar to Robert Plant, Elvis Costello and other oldies who’ve done similar. Does seem like it’d be a wasted future legend slot, but it’s possible he’s not interested in that kind of thing.

Or he’s just not playing…

That's exactly what he did last time.

I do think with Sting more than most artists, placement can vary dramatically based on what he's currently doing at the time.

It sounds like his current shows deserve decent placement, whereas he's certainly toured some self indulgent bullshit in the past that shouldn't go on any later than 2pm.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Olivia would headline and Sting would play legends, so not happening.

Not fact at all. If it's good enough for Bob Plant it's good enough for sting with an extended set. 

Olivia definitely could headline but it is not unglastonbury to have an act who can lower than headline. If she wants to do it then she'll sub and that gap she's got is too gaping to rule her out. The said Chris is also a big fan of Olivia. 

42 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Just a snobby reply to but honest.

The fact they didn't even do a secret set and they would place themselves in Europe before Glastonbury. There is not many places far overseas where they would get the billing they want. 

Are they actually rumoured for Primavera or is it just a guess

Your original post was nothing information - a guess based off a guess

From his current set we get 60 minutes of:
Message in a Bottle
Englishman in New York
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
If I Ever Lose My Faith in You
Fields of Gold
Shape of My Heart
So Lonely
Every Breath You Take
Roxanne

Stick him in the 2015 Paul Weller slot and everyone will have a great time. Especially the armchair brigade.

image.thumb.png.783139101ca2c87e40df096885c1b8ee.png

31 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

From his current set we get 60 minutes of:
Message in a Bottle
Englishman in New York
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
If I Ever Lose My Faith in You
Fields of Gold
Shape of My Heart
So Lonely
Every Breath You Take
Roxanne

Stick him in the 2015 Paul Weller slot and everyone will have a great time. Especially the armchair brigade.

image.thumb.png.783139101ca2c87e40df096885c1b8ee.png

Parents saw him recently … I’ll borrow their arm chair