2024 headline speculation

airwaves

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

So Garden Stage headliners Lankum and Yo La tengo? Either Sleater kinney or Baxter Dury for the other garden stage headline. Jockstrap for Big top headliner?

I reckon so. 

Maybe Baxter before Idles?

2 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Is there a post somewhere with the "secret" sets from last year? 

I thought it saw one but can't find it now 

CMAT, Richard Dawson and Gruff seem to be most likely for secret piano sets IMO

Edited by zahidf

28 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Where are Big Thief!? And the Decemberists!?  That’s quite funny.  

Hopefully in the “more to be Announced” section….

PHOSPHORESCENT!!! I can’t stop playing that new track, and it’s made me replay the old albums too. Haven’t seen him/them for years. So excited that he’s back, hope with a full band this time.

Here’s my wife’s video of Los Angeles from the Garden stage in 2011

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They did a decent job putting this together given I suspect it's getting harder and harder for them being a) right at the end of the summer and b) not the same cashflow as Green Man.

It's missing some more interesting mid table electronic or experimental stuff for me (in the vein of Actress/Oneohtrix/Forest Swords/Max Cooper/James Holden etc) but there's still lots I'd watch, and Idles/Bonnie Prince Billie will sell tickets to different demographics which they probably really need given the soft sales last year.

Just now, jannybruck said:

and Idles/Bonnie Prince Billie will sell tickets to different demographics which they probably really need given the soft sales last year.

Idles is such a weird one for me, really sticks out in terms of style compared to everyone else on the lineup

Most idles fans I know wont be interrupted in 90% of the rest of the lineup so in my view it would just put them off coming 

I'm happy, most of all with Sleater-Kinney, Gruff Rhys and Ty Segall. Looking forward to seeing Fever Ray for the first time. Would have loved Yves Tumor too and shame Bas Jan not back again. Hope Taraka returns one day too. Overall, a good lineup although I would only watch one of the biggest font headliners.

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

They did a decent job putting this together given I suspect it's getting harder and harder for them being a) right at the end of the summer and b) not the same cashflow as Green Man.

It's missing some more interesting mid table electronic or experimental stuff for me (in the vein of Actress/Oneohtrix/Forest Swords/Max Cooper/James Holden etc) but there's still lots I'd watch, and Idles/Bonnie Prince Billie will sell tickets to different demographics which they probably really need given the soft sales last year.

Agreed, hoping for a bit of the more of the leftfield/supersonic crossover acts in the second wave.

Overall, think it is a pretty strong lineup, a lot of artists who released my favourite albums of last year in there (Joanna Sternberg, Lisa O'Neill, casisdead, Lankum, Tara Clerkin Trio, Yo La Tengo etc) which is a good thing.

Disappointed by Idles but there's always at least one headliner I'm not fussed about and the others are strong.

19 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It sold out around the same time as always didnt it? This year will sell out fairly quickly i reckon

17 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Idles is such a weird one for me, really sticks out in terms of style compared to everyone else on the lineup

Most idles fans I know wont be interrupted in 90% of the rest of the lineup so in my view it would just put them off coming 

I thought theyd be too big to headline! theyve played before and got big crowds. Theres some noisy/punk stuff in their, and Idles fans per se are fairly open to other stuff i think

• Upvote 2