2024 headline speculation

airwaves

On 1/17/2024 at 4:41 PM, eagles69 said:

Best kept secret festival is beautiful but the line up is a bit poor this year 

I’ll second that. I went to BKS 2019 and loved it. Fantastic site with some decent stages and dance areas , wonderfully organised , friendly , good food too. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

The announcement was Feb 1st last year, do we think it'll be similar this year?

I do recollect a reply from EOTR to a comment from someone on one of their instagram or Facebook posts that it would be in January. It may of course be contingent upon Simon's bike getting a puncture. And of course we still await the 2023 Highlights/Exciting News Coming Soon! vid, which comes first.

59 minutes ago, Hinn said:

The Cat Power sings Dylan 1966 tour finishes in Dortmund on 29/8. Squeeze in a return appearance on Garden on 31/8?

Think the big gap between 14th and 22nd that incorporates Green Man is more relevant (even though it shouldn't be that big as she's been announced for Paredes de Coura on 17th-20th)

This is the first year where I haven’t got a scooby doo who any of the headliners could be. I guess that makes it more exciting, right?

Based on who we know is around, I can’t even think of anyone who I’d want to headline.

Either way, I’ll still be attending because it’s just a brilliant festival. The less I know beforehand, the better time i seem to have discovering new music.

That said, I’ve really enjoyed the new albums from Sprints and Bill Ryder-Jones over the last couple of weeks, so if they could be on the lineup, that would be just lovely.

42 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Lankum are headlining the second stage at Latitude, which given so are Future Islands likely means they're headlining if playing, and we know Simon is a big fan.

Would suit Garden Stage better I think. I see they are playing False Lankum in full in Brussels/Berlin in September, so surely will be playing.

50 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

Would suit Garden Stage better I think. I see they are playing False Lankum in full in Brussels/Berlin in September, so surely will be playing.

Those dates make Lankum more likely IMO

Garden Stage would be better for them, but depends on fee. They are big enough for Woods stage, maybe the Thursday?

Lankum would be a small but excellent headliner for this.  They’d be great as a garden headliner but if they’re gunna bump up acts to headliner then they could do a lot worse than give it to Lankum.

Sleater Kinney (Thursday) | Lankum | Slowdive | Big Thief would be my current guess.  Would be great to get four excellent and female/female fronted bands headlining as well.

Do feel like someone unexpected and probably rubbish will pop up instead of one of those though.  

41 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Lankum would be a small but excellent headliner for this.  They’d be great as a garden headliner but if they’re gunna bump up acts to headliner then they could do a lot worse than give it to Lankum.

Sleater Kinney (Thursday) | Lankum | Slowdive | Big Thief would be my current guess.  Would be great to get four excellent and female/female fronted bands headlining as well.

Do feel like someone unexpected and probably rubbish will pop up instead of one of those though.  

I'd be thrilled with those four!