Can anyone provide first-hand knowledge about the different "premium" camping packages from prior years? They all seem fairly similar and expensive, obviously, but I'm coming with someone who is not used to festival camping. I'm considering maybe Boho Suite 1 or 2, Kayuto 2, Tanami 2, Lodge 2, Sahara 2.... any comments?

I am also concerned about it being very cold in the tents - I have had trouble sleeping at night when the temperature drops, and my partner is prone to getting very chilly. Is the power provided sufficient to use an electric heater, if needed? Any help is appreciated! 

12 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Having seen blink 182, if they're about next summer they're headlining. The reunion hype has made them bigger than they were at their peak. 

I was talking about Dua Lipa. Hope the manage to get her (even though she maybe is too big for festivals).

Blink 182 can stay away though... 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Can anyone provide first-hand knowledge about the different "premium" camping packages from prior years? They all seem fairly similar and expensive, obviously, but I'm coming with someone who is not used to festival camping. I'm considering maybe Boho Suite 1 or 2, Kayuto 2, Tanami 2, Lodge 2, Sahara 2.... any comments?

I am also concerned about it being very cold in the tents - I have had trouble sleeping at night when the temperature drops, and my partner is prone to getting very chilly. Is the power provided sufficient to use an electric heater, if needed? Any help is appreciated! 

I have stayed in a Sahara 4 at a previous edition. Yes they can still get chilly overnight, you do get a bed off the floor  with a pillow and duvet (but not very thick). I was happy I took a sleeping bag to sleep in under the duvet. It was warm enough for me. No power provided inside the tents ( at least in a Sahara). 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Scarnic said:

I have stayed in a Sahara 4 at a previous edition. Yes they can still get chilly overnight, you do get a bed off the floor  with a pillow and duvet (but not very thick). I was happy I took a sleeping bag to sleep in under the duvet. It was warm enough for me. No power provided inside the tents ( at least in a Sahara). 

Thanks for the heads up, I wonder if the non-tents (the wooden buildings) are less cold at night. I imagine I'll try to find an AirBnb and just head it every morning, it is quite a lot to ask a new festival goer to endure four days and five nights without proper showers and bathrooms! 🙂

I'm wondering when we will get the first headliner and ticket sales, I imagine it will be very soon.... 

Smashing Pumpkins are not a big enough name to headline this festival, correct? Unless it was opposite a less rock-oriented act, I think. If we pencil in the Pumpkins, they are probably a sub-headline act, maybe in The Killers spot, something like that. And Weezer the same, perhaps they would play on the same night for travel reasons.

We are assuming Stromae and Foo Fighters as headliners for two of the nights, I think, but I want to know! 

Interested in seeing Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer this summer, but given tour prices for UK shows are £85+ for standing, looking at European festivals as a cheaper alternative. From the discussion so far, do we think there is a chance they'll end up here? Would fit nicely alongside rumoured acts like Green Day/Foo Fighters/Pearl Jam. Also do we think that The National, Gaslight Anthem and Fontaines DC are likely to play as they're in Europe over the same time period? 

I'm based in Cornwall so travelling and accommodation to see each of these bands elsewhere if they play in the UK will add up to be really expensive, so hoping Rock Werchter might pull it out the bag with a chance to see all of them in one place and for a cheaper overall cost. Any insights or rumours on the above acts specifically would be really helpful to know whether to hold fire on individual tour tickets/UK festivals in the hope of the stars aligning of getting them all on a lineup like Werchter's.