2024 Stage Predictions

10 hours ago, parkerpenguin said:

My first time attempting to do stage predictions as I had a bit of time to kill this morning. Apologies as I'm sure there are quite a few errors and people playing where they should't be etc but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to do more research and it was all a bit rushed.

Friday

Pyramid - Dua Lipa, Pulp, PJ Harvey, Hozier, Arlo Parks

Other - SZA, The Streets, Keane, IDLES, Feeder

West Holts - Chaka Khan, Denzel Curry, Jai Paul, Black Pumas, Los Bitchos

Woodsies - Pendulum, Parcels. Courtney Barnett, Everything Everything, Olivia Dean

Park - LCD Soundsystem, Declan McKenna, Tom Odell, CMAT, Romy

Saturday

Pyramid - Coldplay, Olivia Rodrigo, Snow Patrol, Sugababes, Troye Sivan

Other - The Prodigy, Bring Me The Horizon, The Kooks, Blossoms, The Mysterines

West Holts - Jungle, FKA Twigs. Kano, Ezra Collective, Yussef Dayes

Woodsies - Massive Attack, Jake Bugg, L'Imperatrice, Mabel, The Lottery Winners

Park - The Smile, Alvvays, The Hives, Wunderhorse, Peach Pit

Sunday

Pyramid - Madonna, Dave, Lenny Kravitz, Stevie Nicks, Jorja Smith

Other - The National, Avril Lavigne, Nothing But Thieves, Bombay Bicycle Club, Michael Kiwanuka

West Holts - Justice, Sampha, JPEGMAFIA, Brittany Howard, Gregory Porter

Woodsies - Franz Ferdinand, Mitski, Bleachers, Yard Act, The Big Moon

Park - Future Islands, Omar Apollo, Gabrielle, Jordan Rakei, Angel Olsen

Romy > IDLES > PJ Harvey > Pulp > Dua Lipa

The Lottery Winners > Wunderhorse > Snow Patrol > Olivia Rodrigo > Coldplay

The Big Moon > Yard Act > Bleachers > Avril Lavigne > The National

Solid weekend that would be!

Friday
Pyramid - Dua Lipa, Kasabian, PJ Harvey, Snow Patrol, Arlo Parks, Gabrielle   
Other - Chase and Status, Idles, Avril Lavigne, Bombay Bicycle Club, Noname, Feeder(openers)
West Holts - Chaka Khan, Bakar, Tom Morello, Black Pumas, Jalen Ngonda
Woodsies - Underworld, Suede, TBA(LCD Soundsystem), Corinne Bailey Rae, The Mary Wallopers,
Park - Future Islands, Barry Can’t Swim, Jordan Rakei, Lankum, Snail Mail

Saturday
Pyramid - Coldplay, Pulp, The Killers(billed as The Flamingos), Deacon Blue, Keane, Sugababes
Other - Doja Cat, The Streets, Rema, Knucks, The Mysterines, Baby Queen
West Holts - Jungle, Michael Kiwanuka, Kool and the Gang, Yussef Dayes, Mdou Moctar
Woodsies - Justice, Mitski, TBA(Charli XCX), Ashnikko, Yazmin Lacey
Park -  Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Beth Gibbons, The Lottery Winners, Wunderhorse, Ty Segall

Sunday
Pyramid - Madonna, Dave, Paolo Nutini, Shania Twain, Cyndi Lauper, Sam Ryder
Other - The National, AJ Tracey, Turnstile, Olivia Dean, Yard Act
West Holts - Kano, Sampha, Baaba Maal, Genesis Owusu, Squid
Woodsies - Garbage, Troye Sivan, Tate McRae, Tom Odell, Say She She
Park - Orbital, The Breeders, Romy, The Last Dinner Party, Adult DVD

ujd8i01aoo6c1.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Other - Chase and Status, Idles, Avril Lavigne, Bombay Bicycle Club, Noname, Feeder(openers)
Woodsies - Underworld, Suede, TBA(LCD Soundsystem), Corinne Bailey Rae, The Mary Wallopers,

Saturday
Pyramid - Coldplay, Pulp, The Killers(billed as The Flamingos), Deacon Blue, Keane, Sugababes
West Holts - Jungle, Michael Kiwanuka, Kool and the Gang, Yussef Dayes, Mdou Moctar
Park -  Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Beth Gibbons, The Lottery Winners, Wunderhorse, Ty Segall

Sunday

ujd8i01aoo6c1.jpeg

Stick!

Turnstile on the other stage would be epic. Saw them at Woodsies last year and they are brilliant live.

49 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

ujd8i01aoo6c1.jpeg

would love this

Don’t think Kasabian are gonna have such a prestigious slot as Pyramid sub personally. I know they headline all the mid sized indie landfill festivals, but there’s just something a little too ‘has been’ about them to sub Glastonbury in 2024. Think Other sub more likely if they’re there. 

But as far as a lot of the acts/placings go, I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a lot of this not being far off, and imo that would be a very strong lineup overall, especially if we get the likes of Pulp and Dave subbing. 

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Hate sounding like a broken record but Dave subbing just isn't happening and anyone thinking it might happen doesn't have their head on straight.

I’m willing to suspend my disbelief on this based purely on that one bit of probably fake info we got. I can rationalise it in my head if I try hard enough .

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

I’m willing to suspend my disbelief on this based purely on that one bit of probably fake info we got. I can rationalise it in my head if I try hard enough .

Yeah the info is clearly duff imo. He'd be admitting that he's never gonna headline in the coming years, which would be such a crazy move. I don't even think the festival would offer him that slot. They'll want him headlining when he's released his next album.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah the info is clearly duff imo. He'd be admitting that he's never gonna headline in the coming years, which would be such a crazy move. I don't even think the festival would offer him that slot. They'll want him headlining when he's released his next album.

Yeah it’s a tap in of a booking in a year or two. 

He ain’t subbing in 2024. 

3 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

ujd8i01aoo6c1.jpeg

That would be absolutely cracking! 

Excellent weekend!

Friday>Feeder > Arlo Parks > Avril Lavigne> TBA - LCD >Suede> Underworld/Dua (weather dependant!)

Saturday> Sugababes > Afternoon of discovery > The Killers > Pulp > Jungle

Sunday > Yard Act > Last Dinner Party > Romy > Breeders (Dave isn't subbing!)> Madge

Very much stick!

Is there anything weird between Feeder & the festival?...... ego over slot size or pay issues.....

For a band that tours as much as they do you think they would show up more often.  From what I'm aware 2003 was the last appearance. 

I know they do a lot of smaller fests where they headline but they never seem to show up on big fest line up. Or at least not for a while. 

Or is just that the quality of there output is now so low on quality they have been ignoored???

On 12/16/2023 at 4:29 PM, Sorcha17 said:

ujd8i01aoo6c1.jpeg

Friday: Arlo Parks -> Bombay Bicycle Club -> TBA (LCD Soundsystem) -> Barry Can't Swim/Kasabian -> Dua Lipa

Saturday: Sugababes -> Keane -> Wunderhorse -> The Killers/Rema -> Pulp -> Coldplay/Doja Cat/Jungle/Justice

Sunday: Cyndi Lauper -> Shania Twain/Olivia Dean -> Romy/Tate McRae -> Dave/Sampha/Troye Sivan -> Madonna/Kano

God that Saturday night headline clash is BRUTAL!

On 12/16/2023 at 10:20 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

Is there anything weird between Feeder & the festival?...... ego over slot size or pay issues.....

For a band that tours as much as they do you think they would show up more often.  From what I'm aware 2003 was the last appearance. 

I know they do a lot of smaller fests where they headline but they never seem to show up on big fest line up. Or at least not for a while. 

Or is just that the quality of there output is now so low on quality they have been ignoored???

Think a few bands of that era are in the same boat, that have been working their way down line ups for 20 years or so. Ash comes to mind. 

On 12/16/2023 at 5:40 PM, FloopFiller said:

Don’t think Kasabian are gonna have such a prestigious slot as Pyramid sub personally. I know they headline all the mid sized indie landfill festivals, but there’s just something a little too ‘has been’ about them to sub Glastonbury in 2024. Think Other sub more likely if they’re there. 

I feel like pyramid sub is more the slot for older, has been acts vs other headliner.

Based on last year, perhaps not really but its definitely fairly split across the board. I could see it going either way

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

I feel like pyramid sub is more the slot for older, has been acts vs other headliner.

Based on last year, perhaps not really but its definitely fairly split across the board. I could see it going either way

Oh aye that's why Lil Nas X, Lizzo, Royal Blood, Lorde and Sam Fender (originally Doja Cat) have all done it in the last two years.

10 hours ago, 1986 said:

Think a few bands of that era are in the same boat, that have been working their way down line ups for 20 years or so. Ash comes to mind. 

Yeah that's another good example. 

Given there are examples of the opposite Manics for example (acts who have played  big slots but come back in smaller slots) 

It makes me strongly feel that acts like Feeder probably are not on the booking teams radar due to a massive misalignment on what slot they should be in.  

On 12/16/2023 at 4:29 PM, Sorcha17 said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

ujd8i01aoo6c1.jpeg

Would be plotted at the Pyramid for that Saturday

6 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yeah that's another good example. 

Given there are examples of the opposite Manics for example (acts who have played  big slots but come back in smaller slots) 

It makes me strongly feel that acts like Feeder probably are not on the booking teams radar due to a massive misalignment on what slot they should be in.  

nearly saw Ash in 2010 when they headlined JP stage against Stevie Wonder.  There was no one in the tent and so we left and saw Stevie instead.  One of my best Glasto Decisions (no shade at Ash.) 

Yeah I think there are lot's of 90's/00's indie guitar bands that probably only have a home earlyish on the Other Stage or Woodsies or maybe at Avalon and are often going to lose out to more current/relevant acts.