Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

11 hours ago, Drinky said:

The Guardian Lounge round where Beat Hotel is now used to do the kind of acoustic mid afternoon slots that ended up in the Crows Nest later. I think Adele was in there on her first album

We saw Magic Numbers and some others in there. Pretty sure the brownies that were for sale were not regular brownies too!

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

They binned the Guardian Lounge for this. 

Screenshot_20230625_232248_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.1b264d0d878f1e7a08dca0bb8f4e1bf2.jpg

And Williams Green for this

Carhenge, Glastonbury 2023

To be fair at least San Remo and the Beat hotel before it is always packed, not my scene at all but people like it. car henge however was just a waste of space that you looked at for 2 mins and went ok I’ll walk on 

8 minutes ago, Barneym said:

To be fair at least San Remo and the Beat hotel before it is always packed, not my scene at all but people like it. car henge however was just a waste of space that you looked at for 2 mins and went ok I’ll walk on 

Beat Hotel/San Remo still created/creates a tacky pissed up in the central square in Torremolinos type vibe. Outside anyway. Packs of wannabe Love Island goblins stood on the sign outside high on cheap coke wearing looky looky ray bans saying dodgy sh*t to women with a slight aggression towards any blokes they dont know who walk by. All the while creating piles of litter.

• Upvote 11

Right, had a stab at Stevie Nicks. Assuming she gets seventy-five minutes.

Outside the Rain
Dreams
If Anyone Falls
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (w/ Harry Styles)
Gypsy
Stand Back
Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Gold Dust Woman
10 Free Fallin'
11 Edge of Seventeen
12 Rhiannon
13 Landslide

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Beat Hotel/San Remo still created/creates a tacky pissed up in the central square in Torremolinos type vibe. Outside anyway. Packs of wannabe Love Island goblins stood on the sign outside high on cheap coke wearing looky looky ray bans saying dodgy sh*t to women with a slight aggression towards any blokes they dont know who walk by. All the while creating piles of litter.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic. But if you're not then you feel like I feel.

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Spot on there

11 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I just don't understand why it is where it is, it creates a bottleneck, is really noisy near Pilton at night, produces a sh*t ton of litter. Boggling.

It pulls people down from the Silver Hayes and spreads the house music from being too close to each other. San Remo was 1000 x better than Beat Hotel and the lineup last year was spot on. 

25 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Right, had a stab at Stevie Nicks. Assuming she gets seventy-five minutes.

Outside the Rain
Dreams
If Anyone Falls
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (w/ Harry Styles)
Gypsy
Stand Back
Wild Heart
Bella Donna
Gold Dust Woman
10 Free Fallin'
11 Edge of Seventeen
12 Rhiannon
13 Landslide

Good guess - although probably 1 or 2 less as some of these are longer live.

36 minutes ago, The Nal said:

So much packed in here to agree with. Pulled out cheap coke and litter. Unacceptable.  But all were completely valid points 

Edited by Mich1268
Typo

38 minutes ago, The Nal said:

New favourite insult which I shall be borrowing, thanks.

Early Beat Hotel was wonderful, I have some very happy 2014 memories there. In my head that was before wannabe love island goblins had fully caught on to Glastonbury though. 2015 was when it realllllly started changing for me - we went from being a group of 6-12 pals going to 50. Ten years on and it's just little old me still going.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Top quality rant - like the end of Python's Travel Agent sketch, but for the 21st century. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Agree that it's a bit like this at night and I go nowhere near. However, when we camped up by woodsies we spent a late morning, early afternoon in there gathering ourselves together, having a few cocktails and they let us charge our phones behind the bar. Chillout tunes and a few bloody Marys were just what the doctor ordered. 

Another day when it was absolutely lashing it down in 2016, 4 of us sat in one of the wee booths and went through a big bag of coders and a few spliffs and the tunes were good too. 

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

And the Booker Prize for 2024 goes to...