Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

A couple of newspapers over the weekend were saying Billy Joel is being tipped for Glastonbury this year. Whether that's just because he's issued a new single or there's more into it, I don't know.

Not femail though.

4 hours ago, sadimmock said:

Yes indeed. Although I can’t recall there being too many bands there (could be wrong). More of an Indie disco I think 

Queens Head had Maximo Park 2009 on Thursday 4pm. Crazy rammed, couldn’t get near it. The next year Queens Head was corner of Other field as you head into Glade area I think, maybe renamed as Q stage (tent). Awful sound bleed. I remember hearing Biffy Clyro (I think) whilst trying to watching somebody on Other

30 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

Queens Head had Maximo Park 2009 on Thursday 4pm. Crazy rammed, couldn’t get near it. The next year Queens Head was corner of Other field as you head into Glade area I think, maybe renamed as Q stage (tent). Awful sound bleed. I remember hearing Biffy Clyro (I think) whilst trying to watching somebody on Other

The move was the other way around.

The Queens Head was a rebrand of The Crown, which was the Budweiser sponsored stage in the Other Stage field. Q took over the stage in I think 2007 and renamed it the Queens Head, and then in 2009 it moved from the Other Stage field to opposite the Meeting Point - taking the spot that had previously been occupied by the Leftfield. It didn't move again after that. In 2009 only there was also a second "venue" next door (right next to the Leftfield Tower) which was basically a Sony sponsored karaoke tent called I think Cocktails And Dreams.

Then a few years later when the Q sponsorship ended, the Festival prettified the area and turned it into Williams Green.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

This wasn't the real Queens Head though. This was Williams Green and the tent was just called the Queens Head. That gig was GLORIOUS.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

The move was the other way around.

The Queens Head was a rebrand of The Crown, which was the Budweiser sponsored stage in the Other Stage field. Q took over the stage in I think 2007 and renamed it the Queens Head, and then in 2009 it moved from the Other Stage field to opposite the Meeting Point - taking the spot that had previously been occupied by the Leftfield. It didn't move again after that. In 2009 only there was also a second "venue" next door (right next to the Leftfield Tower) which was basically a Sony sponsored karaoke tent called I think Cocktails And Dreams.

Then a few years later when the Q sponsorship ended, the Festival prettified the area and turned it into Williams Green.

nah cocktails and dreams was where the Guardian lounge was unless that was a previous version 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

nah cocktails and dreams was where the Guardian lounge was unless that was a previous version 

Ok, then I can't remember what the Sony Karaoke tent was called. It was definitely there though. Honest.

32 minutes ago, incident said:

Ok, then I can't remember what the Sony Karaoke tent was called. It was definitely there though. Honest.

"The Snug, immediately next to the Queen’s Head is another venue in its own right, featuring themed SingStar sessions and DJ sets. Or take it easy, put your feet up, and spend some time in the Playstation booths."

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/williams-green-area-announced/

Edited by Gnomicide

9 hours ago, Drinky said:

The Guardian Lounge round where Beat Hotel is now used to do the kind of acoustic mid afternoon slots that ended up in the Crows Nest later. I think Adele was in there on her first album

Saw some great sets in there, including one of my faves, hot hot heat, in 2015. 

10 hours ago, Drinky said:

The Guardian Lounge round where Beat Hotel is now used to do the kind of acoustic mid afternoon slots that ended up in the Crows Nest later. I think Adele was in there on her first album

And Laura Marling was on just before her.