Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Wasn't this bit unprecedented? 

I'd be curious to know at what point in the planning and build up somebody thought about Elton "this is going to be bigger than any headliner we've had before. We're going to need to extend."

• Upvote 1

I was taught to fly my remotes by an experienced drone cameraman. Who impressed the dangers onto me. So I've never risked anything wreckless.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still holding on that she might be on the lineup elsewhere, but she’s not the legend. Reliable sources sometimes have incorrect information… Chinese whispers etc. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I’m still holding on that she might be on the lineup elsewhere, but she’s not the legend. Reliable sources sometimes have incorrect information… Chinese whispers etc. 

Yeah - would be great if we had e.g. both Shania and Stevie. Just not sure it's that realistic...

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

she's not legend thats for sure - unless we are about to have a Glasto Rodeo - then you would have a perfect legacy act.

32 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah, I hate to categorise her for a particular "slot" (I think the festival has painted itself into a corner with some of those in recent years), but maybe somewhere similar to where Sheryl Crow played in 2019. That was a gentle hour in the sunshine. 

Shania still gets number 1 albums and plays arenas here which Sheryl Crowe does not. I’m not gonna say it’s her for certain because what do I know, but I do think that if she’s playing it’s gonna be in the legend slot, a slot which she has been vocal about wanting to play quite recently. 

• Upvote 1

What would the chances be of a steely dan legend spot, albeit quite a bit of time between their manchester gigs and glasto. I think the general public kind of forgets the amount of songs they would recognise, even if from being sampled elsewhere. If not, they would make an incredible other stage headliner against Dua or Coldplay

4 minutes ago, Long Season said:

What would the chances be of a steely dan legend spot, albeit quite a bit of time between their manchester gigs and glasto. I think the general public kind of forgets the amount of songs they would recognise, even if from being sampled elsewhere. If not, they would make an incredible other stage headliner against Dua or Coldplay

They're brilliant and I'd love to see them again, but they're a long way from the typical Glastonbury legend slot so I can't see it (Elsewhere, vaguely possible I suppose).

8 minutes ago, Long Season said:

Doubt it for the actual legend slot

Early afternoon Pyramid maybe similar to Crowded House? Seen someone suggest West Holts for them.

Would like to see them at the farm this year at some point seen as I cant justify the price of them Eagles tickets.