Olivia Rodrigo

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I saw a different version of the tour poster this morning (not sure which is right) which shows that she’s in Dublin Sat/Sun so would have to be Fri if she’s at Glastonbury? Those dates not on one posted above. Not sure why

37112999-DA11-4240-A07A-593618D8C89E.png

That's her tour from last year*. 

Edited by claire0678
wrong date

I'm going to be slightly more cautious than many in regard to calling that an obvious Glastonbury Gap.

As it stands, the tour finishes with a Lisbon show on the Saturday before the Festival. Even with a Friday appearance at Glastonbury, that leaves 5 empty days in Europe which seems like more than you'd expect for a tour that is otherwise efficiently scheduled (aside from the obvious holes left for extra nights).

Add another show or two after Lisbon (which obviously is possible, maybe even likely) and I think the scheduling becomes a lot more likely.

Edited by incident

I said after walking away from her 2022 set that as long as the 2nd album doesn't flop she will become a slam dunk Pyramid stage headliner worthy booking if she wants it.

Safe to say it hasn't flopped, far from it in fact. Its 90 on metacritic and will go number 1 tonight.

She's not a punt in the slightest.

Edited by JonSnow
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Not any time soon no, obvs, because they haven’t even cast Daniel Craig’s successor yet. But be a fool to think she isn’t one of the favourites next time around. 

I dunno, she doesn't seem the be the right kind of artist for it imo. At least not at this point in her career.

37 minutes ago, panda97 said:

Also outsold the rest of the top 10 combined

Impressive stuff but as I say the legs on it will be interesting. Sour had enormous staying power because it had radio hit after radio hit, whereas (other than Vampire) the individual songs on Guts don’t seem to be taking off in the same way.. yet. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Impressive stuff but as I say the legs on it will be interesting. Sour had enormous staying power because it had radio hit after radio hit, whereas (other than Vampire) the individual songs on Guts don’t seem to be taking off in the same way.. yet. 

I'm really surprised Bad Idea Right hasn't taken off more, seemed ripe for becoming a huge tik tok hit

40 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It's only been a week!

Love is Embarrassing is the catchiest for me 

On 9/15/2023 at 9:18 PM, panda97 said:

I'm really surprised Bad Idea Right hasn't taken off more, seemed ripe for becoming a huge tik tok hit

Yeah the label seem to have moved on to Get Him Back already. Probably the best song from the second half of the album but Lacy is still my favourite overall. And not just because she sounds like Lorde on it.