Olivia Rodrigo

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

I can almost guarantee she won't headline Glastonbury as if she does, she'll be playing Glastonbury only twice over on her two albums as her only UK festival's. No chance she doesn't play more than one festival this time round.

Firstly Stormzy has worked his way up playing other festival's, various slots. And secondly, and I'll still maintain it so it was a stupid decision purely for the reason that leads to now where suddenly you can headline off the back of Hammersmith Apollo. Stormzy was booked because he was the alternative face of what the festival was going for, he was current at the time and how he spoke about certain subjects politically. Anyone can disagree with that but he wasn't even selling his tour straight out.

Stormzy was a great booking, and Rodrigo could do more than one festival. I don’t think she will headline but she could do more than one if she wanted, Glastonbury don’t force exclusivity.

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don’t know what was being suggested in 2009 but how on earth are you comparing global pop star Olivia Rodrigo to indie critic darlings Wilco ? 😂

haha just that I swear people here years ago were saying Wilco only a matter of time when half the population had no f**king idea who they were 😄 

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Stormzy was a great booking, and Rodrigo could do more than one festival. I don’t think she will headline but she could do more than one if she wanted, Glastonbury don’t force exclusivity.

I didn't think it was personally, that's always going to be my view. Watching him didn't change that either. I'm not against him etc but it was his talking and views outspoken that got him that spot.]

What else is she going to do in England if she headlines Glastonbury except for BST which is heavily unlikely.

On 8/3/2023 at 5:31 PM, northernangel said:

I didn't think it was personally, that's always going to be my view. Watching him didn't change that either. I'm not against him etc but it was his talking and views outspoken that got him that spot.]

What else is she going to do in England if she headlines Glastonbury except for BST which is heavily unlikely.

I could see BST booking her 

She could've easily sold out arenas on the Sour tour, easily one of the biggest albums of the 2020's, which also broke many records, Vampire is already a pretty big hit for her, and there seems to be no signs of her success slowing down anytime soon.

12 hours ago, northernangel said:

No, she's massive in the USA. You can't say she is massive off of one decent selling album and an academy tour.

Sour was the 4th best selling album in the Uk in 2021.......and also the 5th best in 2022, you silly goose

28 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

At which point the argument will presumably change to “bUt sHe DoEsN’t pLaY sTaDiUmS” and round and round we go 

And then when she plays stadiums the argument will shift and become

'Sure she can play Stadiums, but can she do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke'

(I wanted to make that joke as my team is playing Stoke tonight)

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Describing Sour as merely “decent selling” rather than one of the biggest debut albums of the streaming era where the four main singles each did a billion on Spotify and every other album track also went at least Silver 🤡 

So it's still decent selling then lol. Whatever extra you put on it, decent is not wrong.

16 hours ago, stanh said:

She could've easily sold out arenas on the Sour tour, easily one of the biggest albums of the 2020's, which also broke many records, Vampire is already a pretty big hit for her, and there seems to be no signs of her success slowing down anytime soon.

The 2020s is only 3 years old. 

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She'll have announced and sold out a UK arena tour before long I'd imagine.

Not denying it.