My Fat Mistake

BL1ND T1G3R

he was excellent. never managed to see him at glasto before, was a top vibe on the hill. massive lack of toilets on the left hand side of the field, never needed a piss so much in my life which was a bit of a negative.

FBS has been at nearly every Glastonbury I’ve been at and we’ve never caught him. Either because he clashed with someone we wanted to see more, or he was on a stage we couldn’t get near.

This time, we got there in good time for Leftfield and got a lovely spot just to the side of the accessible platform, The sound was great, the view was great. We loved both sets and the crowd around us was lovely party people - totally up for the gig without any overbearing twats. 

Perfect.

REGRETS though? - sitting in Woodside to escape from the sun while one of the most talked about sets of the weekend - Rick/Blossoms/Smiths - was going on about 50 yards away!

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Young Fathers absolutely blew me away.

Goes into my top 10 Glastonbury sets of all time. Easily my highlight of 2023.

Loved everything I saw this year, but YF were a level above

They were cracking weren't they

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

how did you manage mobility wise ? saw your daughter and she said you were doing ok 

Slow and steady wins the race... the heat probably did my knees a favour as it slowed us all down probably..

I tried not to go backwards and forwards to stages, which meant i had the benefit of seeing some acts that I may otherwise have overlooked 👍 I find it most uncomfortable when i am standing still watching an act (Reg was a point in case) and then I got on the front fence for Hot Chip which was a bonus..

I had a steroid injection in the knee at the doctors at 17:15 yesterday (I only got home at 16:30!) for the first time and they said that the local hospital is quoting 52 weeks wait time for a full knee replacement, if that is the case I could be sorted this year and be like the bionic man for next June.!

I hope it was all good for you?

4 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Slow and steady wins the race... the heat probably did my knees a favour as it slowed us all down probably..

I tried not to go backwards and forwards to stages, which meant i had the benefit of seeing some acts that I may otherwise have overlooked 👍 I find it most uncomfortable when i am standing still watching an act (Reg was a point in case) and then I got on the front fence for Hot Chip which was a bonus..

I had a steroid injection in the knee at the doctors at 17:15 yesterday (I only got home at 16:30!) for the first time and they said that the local hospital is quoting 52 weeks wait time for a full knee replacement, if that is the case I could be sorted this year and be like the bionic man for next June.!

I hope it was all good for you?

definately in my top 3 🙂 such iovely people I met 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Me too, but again I think we were in a bad spot as it was so busy. We left before the end but my friend said the last bit was excellent. 

Tbh I think I just listened to so much hard techno on Thursday night that after that all other dance music seemed a bit lame, ha! So my fault, not FBS. 

where did you find any hard techno?

7 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Vintage Trouble in Avalon were great... but whatever floated your boat was the right choice.!

Had a great Saturday night in Avalon, decided to go for the Jake Shears - Mel C - Vintage Trouble triple bill and stayed there all evening. I think this was a factor in feeling unusually energetic on the Sunday, not sprinting between stages.

I enjoyed them all immensely,Jake Shears was surprisingly quiet, I think Lizzo stole his audience, and the Mel C performance made me realise what a smash the Spice Girls would be at Glastonbury. I wouldn't be there but it would really work.  Vintage Trouble were a great finish. Literally, danced all night.

• Like 1

Choosing on the spot to head the levels for FBS secret set that started earlier than advertised over sticking the rythym of the 90s plan. I waited for a friend after arctics and it was already 00:15 barely down that first path out so my thinking was by the time that moves and then the next one moves and I get upto to croissant nerf I'm probably not even getting in the tent.

I then saw FBS again on Sunday do the TBA Greenpeace set until Blondie which was on my list so I didn't want a case of missing a set of someone else. I'd never seen FBS after and previously told myself if I got the chance to see him twice I probably would but still makes you question it.

Forgetting the time for Elton top and being further back than I would've planned but that blow was softened by the lack of any interesting guests. That kinda became the only reason his headline booking was important for me.

1 hour ago, e_p said:

where did you find any hard techno?

Haha well, maybe just hard for me!! The Levels on Thursday was so banging. Sharelle I think, can't remember who it was before. 

Edit: just checked, we were there for KI/KI and VTSS too. I had the best time at there on Thursday. 

Edited by Sasperella2

11 hours ago, iamstreety said:

Managed to get near the front on the left. Next to the guy who surfed on the mattress.

Just need to enter the Park field from by the tower and cut in at the bar. You can get close and have loads of space. Everyone coming from the right stops and creates a big wall.

I think that was Woody, Norman’s son. 

22 hours ago, Helsbels said:

Going to watch Elton because I felt I 'should' and missing Candi Staton. I need to learn that I dont need to go and see massive headliners that Im not really into just because they are icons, Ive left The Rolling Stones and Stevie Wonder for the same reason in the past. Left after 2 songs and went on to have a brilliant night elsewhere so all good

It seems that a lot of people need to learn that lesson. IMO only go if you actually like them. Why suffer the Pyramid crowds just to say you've seen an icon, esp when most of them are past it.

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It seems that a lot of people need to learn that lesson. IMO only go if you actually like them. Why suffer the Pyramid crowds just to say you've seen an icon, esp when most of them are past it.

I don't like Elton's music and was getting massive anxiety at the size of the crowd and was considering ditching it but glad I didn't as it was one of the highlights of the festival for me. Having said that, also gutted I missed QOTSA, especially after watching them on iPlayer. Think both could have been highlights of the festival but that's probably why they clashed to avoid an even bigger crowd for Elton. Can always watch them in the future too.

On 6/27/2023 at 1:57 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

They were incredible- my '23 highlight for sure (closely followed by Lizzo). Absolute 🔥

17 hours ago, northernangel said:

Choosing on the spot to head the levels for FBS secret set that started earlier than advertised over sticking the rythym of the 90s plan. I waited for a friend after arctics and it was already 00:15 barely down that first path out so my thinking was by the time that moves and then the next one moves and I get upto to croissant nerf I'm probably not even getting in the tent.

I then saw FBS again on Sunday do the TBA Greenpeace set until Blondie which was on my list so I didn't want a case of missing a set of someone else. I'd never seen FBS after and previously told myself if I got the chance to see him twice I probably would but still makes you question it.

Forgetting the time for Elton top and being further back than I would've planned but that blow was softened by the lack of any interesting guests. That kinda became the only reason his headline booking was important for me.

Rot90s was incredibly packed and with quite a lot of dickheads unfortunately. Ended up listening outside as we couldn't be arsed with the heat and shoving. You did well.

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2023 at 1:57 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

This - first time seeing them live and they were outstanding.  

Never seen him before & was really glad I listened to the group & went for it.

Watched the end of Leftfield to get a decent spot, not too close, but enough space to groove.

Great crowd pleasers, was pretty far left, saw the inflatable crowd surfing action. 

Rita Ora, a splendid cherry on top, to make it feel a bit special too.