Will Arctic Monkeys pull out of their headline slot this friday

gfa

Will AM pull out of Glastonbury 2023?  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Like I said in the main AM thread, I think they’ll play and they’ve cancelled the Dublin gig especially so he can rest up his voice for the farm. The other gigs can be rescheduled or outright cancelled with people getting their money back, but Glastonbury can’t, so think he’ll just fight through it.

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Like I said in the main AM thread, I think they’ll play and they’ve cancelled the Dublin gig especially so he can rest up his voice for the farm. The other gigs can be rescheduled or outright cancelled with people getting their money back, but Glastonbury can’t, so think he’ll just fight through it.

The correct answer. 

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Instinct says it'll go ahead but it will be touch and go imo. 4 days isn't exactly a lot of time to get it back in order.

An AM fan on their forum said that in 2013, they were back on stage 5 days after Alex had laryngitis and had to cancel a show in Birmingham on the day itself (something I remember as friends who were going to it got on a train to go only to be told it was off just as the train left to go there).

Yeah but they’re 10 years older

22 minutes ago, JB3 said:

Yeah but they’re 10 years older

This is true, plus we're talking about someone who is a known smoker. 

I remember back in 2014 when Matt Bellamy was roughly the age Alex Turner is now that he had laryngitis ahead of Muse's only 3 shows of the whole year, which happened on three consecutive Saturdays, and while he decided he was fit enough to plough on, his voice sounded rough as f**k for all of them.

It is as much a case of just seeing how acute a case this is. It could just be a minor thing that his voice recovers after a day or two of vocal rest, or it's something worse that might lead even to shows after Glastonbury also being canned. Really, until we hear otherwise, could be a coin flip.

Edited by charlierc

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, I think he'll do it regardless of whether he can sing or not.

23 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

Jarvis could take on the lead, with Alex on backing vocals. Problem solved.

16 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

You’re discounting Miles Kane as guest vocalist… 😝

Have them as an AM-based supergroup? Maybe throw in Richard Hawley for a song or two as well while we're at it?

19 hours ago, cdm22 said:

Well I for one hope they still play. I don't have a ticket this year and if we manage to get tickets next year I don't want them using up one of the headliner slots 😁

I’m the opposite haha.

I haven’t got a ticket and am thinking that if they don’t play this year they might come back next year.

34 minutes ago, Green Bear said:

I told by someone who has heard by their crew but I don’t know how far removed they are from the crew to be reliable so don’t take it as gospel 

I heard the opposite 😂 apparently their TM confirmed to one of our crew that it’s happening. Who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️