Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It's unrealistic. She would obliterate Primavera's budget and the entire festival's demographic would be skewed. She's doing no other festivals on this tour.

Also Gabi just wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut if they'd have booked someone this massive.

She might pop up with The National for a song if she's around Barcelona, but she won't be headlining.

This, I think the chances of her coming are almost 0, why would she even do Primavera? Money? She’s getting much more in her solo shows. Fame or status? She doesn’t need it, she literally rejected SuperBowl performance because she wanted to focus on her tour. And why Glastonbury or other big festivals are not booking her? I think it’s a useless topic, she’s too big for the festival both in therms of money and production. Having someone like Bad Bunny (still expensive) Travis Scott and Karol is much better. 

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

This, I think the chances of her coming are almost 0, why would she even do Primavera? Money? She’s getting much more in her solo shows. Fame or status? She doesn’t need it, she literally rejected SuperBowl performance because she wanted to focus on her tour. And why Glastonbury or other big festivals are not booking her? I think it’s a useless topic, she’s too big for the festival both in therms of money and production. Having someone like Bad Bunny (still expensive) Travis Scott and Karol is much better. 

There is no evidence that Bad Bunny, Travis Scott or Karol G are touring in Europe at all (let alone end of May or beginning of June). It's not becoming more likely if it's repeated here on every new page.

TayTay is touring and is in Spain on Thursday and on her way to Lyon.

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

She said she always wanted to play festivals. But yeah, I would expect her at Glastonbury or Coachella if she's ever doing a festival. Also if I understand it correctly the ticket price for the Fan-Sale is 265, for the 2nd release 295 and for a not announced third release 325. If Taylor will be announced, there would be no third release needed. They could just put it at 325 with the general sale.

Also if anything, this might be a sign to me, that they are not overly confident with the line-up. Last year it was 325 as soon as the line-up dropped, right?

1 minute ago, Createur said:

There is no evidence that Bad Bunny, Travis Scott or Karol G are touring in Europe at all (let alone end of May or beginning of June). It's not becoming more likely if it's repeated here on every new page.

TayTay is touring and is in Spain on Thursday and on her way to Lyon.

Karol G confirmed there will be European dates after she finishes her American/Latin leg. That finishes right before Primavera. Bad Bunny teased his European tour but I agree that nothing is concrete. Travis Scott is going to UK and he’s been rumoured at other European festivals. Maybe none of these artists are going to come to Primavera, but still I believe that the chance of them coming is higher than the one of Taylor. I really don’t see how can Primavera afford it, why would Primavera need it, and most importantly why would Taylor perform at Primavera? Just my opinion 

1 minute ago, MrTobs said:

She said she always wanted to play festivals. But yeah, I would expect her at Glastonbury or Coachella if she's ever doing a festival. Also if I understand it correctly the ticket price for the Fan-Sale is 265, for the 2nd release 295 and for a not announced third release 325. If Taylor will be announced, there would be no third release needed. They could just put it at 325 with the general sale.

Also if anything, this might be a sign to me, that they are not overly confident with the line-up. Last year it was 325 as soon as the line-up dropped, right?

Yeah I think it’s mostly to create hype for the tickets so people buy them. I also don’t understand why they are a bit cheaper this year while all the other European festivals are raising the prices.

And regarding Fan-sales, Taylor is not the only one doing it. Olivia Rodrigo also did it, basically right now all the mid-size artists have these sales with registrations just to create the hype of “the tickets are going to be sold out so get your spot to buy one on time”.

33 minutes ago, Lars said:

She is playing Thursday in Madrid (only show in Spain?) and next Friday in the UK....  while she is playing multiple shows in  Portugal, Sweden, etc...image.thumb.png.f3356c394103b446ce508aa5afed21e8.png

Oh god, not Taylor Swift discussion again... I will just base on her tour schedule:

- playing Madrid on May 30 and Lyon on June 2 and 3;

- both in US and Europe tour, she doesn't do two different cities on consecutive days. In US was like that and in Europe will be like that. And she has at least two days off between each city.

Why she skept Barcelona on her tour? I don't know. Will she play PS? Naa...

39 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Oh boy, I'm getting my self way too much into this. It's the only weekend where Taylor is free on both friday and saturday in her whole tour. Madrid is besides Cardiff the only city where she is playing only one night, which seems strange considering it's the only date in spain. (6 in France, 7 in Germany, 3 in Austria/Netherlands/Poland/Sweden, even  2 in Portugal). 

Also Barcelona is in between Madrid and Lyon, her next stop on sunday.

And if she would do a festival I would think she'd love to have some of her collaborators there too, which would be Aaron Dessner by the National and Jack Antonoff by Bleachers (who cancelled the last two editions of Primavera and are about to tour their new album, so very likely to be there).

I still don't believe it tho. Or do I?

I am repeating to myself that last year they had beyonce in barcelona some days before primavera. So if they did not manage to book beyonce dates will not matter for taylor too. 
if taylor were really to be in, could it be something like this ?
taylor 3 h set and no other headliner 
cure- the national - travis scott -pj harvey- pulp ..? 

Edited by Whos3000_

7 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Oh god, not Taylor Swift discussion again... I will just base on her tour schedule:

- playing Madrid on May 30 and Lyon on June 2 and 3;

- both in US and Europe tour, she doesn't do two different cities on consecutive days. In US was like that and in Europe will be like that. And she has at least two days off between each city.

Why she skept Barcelona on her tour? I don't know. Will she play PS? Naa...

Yeah what are people going on about a 7 day gap? She has two off days between Madrid and Lyon, no production her size is gonna do three cities in four days

Taylor's show is also designed specifically for stadiums and is produced the same night after nght. I don't see why, out of every single festival happening in the world across the next two years who'd want her, Primavera would be the single one where she would go "yes OK I'll do an entirely different stage setup for you, for one night only". It's not beneficial to her in the slightest and her fee would be a fraction of what she'd make on her own show.

10 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Yeah what are people going on about a 7 day gap? She has two off days between Madrid and Lyon, no production her size is gonna do three cities in four days

But she wouldn’t need the full production for Primavera because she has a custom-built stage. Could see her doing a more stripped back festival set with just dancers and her band. It’s definitely close to zero as a chance, and I would hate the crowd and would likely go to see another act but I guess if the opportunity presented itself, PS would be crazy not to book her.

7 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Taylor's show is also designed specifically for stadiums and is produced the same night after nght. I don't see why, out of every single festival happening in the world across the next two years who'd want her, Primavera would be the single one where she would go "yes OK I'll do an entirely different stage setup for you, for one night only". It's not beneficial to her in the slightest and her fee would be a fraction of what she'd make on her own show.

I mean she makes 11-12 million off of a single gig. Make that half for Europe and you‘re still at one third of not the booking budget but PSs entire turnover from Ticket sales. Why would they pay such absurd fees if they can sell enough Tickets with far lower investments

Edited by Quadrophobia

And having artists like Karol , Travis Scott, Peso Pluma (hypothetically) will create a lot of buzz already, Karol G is huge in Spain, like any big Latin artist. Some people would pay a daily ticket just to see her. You don’t need to bring Taylor to have hype. 

Last year I had Spanish friends going to primavera for the first time ever just to see Rosalia and another friend for the first ever just to see Calvin Harris. The festival and its demographics changed, I feel like it’s getting more and more based of bigger names that attract different crowds. 

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

Last year I had Spanish friends going to primavera for the first time ever just to see Rosalia and another friend for the first ever just to see Calvin Harris. The festival and its demographics changed, I feel like it’s getting more and more based of bigger names that attract different crowds. 

2023 had sluggish sales and wasn't sold out in spite of a reduced capacity.

2022 was very, very classic Primavera and sold extremely well.

I don't see what you see.

14 minutes ago, Createur said:

2022 had the huge advantage of 2 years of built up excitement and savings, 2023 had the huge disadvantage of mounting inflation. 

also that claim is simply false. 2022 had 460k visitors across both weekends, 2023 had 253k for one (ps counts attendance for each day individually). 

Edited by Quadrophobia

5 minutes ago, Createur said:

You simply can't compare 2022 to 2023 though. It had a backlog of pent-up demand from festivalgoers who'd bought tickets over covid, had all the novelty and hype of the two weekend idea, had thousands of people with rolled over tickets from a previous edition, etc. It'll be more accurate to see how eg 2023/2024/2025 compare now the festival season has settled down a little.

13 minutes ago, Createur said:

Dua Lipa, Gorillaz, Tyler the Creator, plus the fact that there were no festivals for 2 years. I also prefer the 2022 lineup much more, but still it's not comparable. The point that bringing the biggest regeaton and trap names in the world would create hype already, you don't need someone like Taylor for that.

3 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Dua Lipa, Gorillaz, Tyler the Creator, plus the fact that there were no festivals for 2 years. I also prefer the 2022 lineup much more, but still it's not comparable. The point that bringing the biggest regeaton and trap names in the world would create hype already, you don't need someone like Taylor for that.

And tbh, they can devote an entire day at Mordor to Reggaeton as long as there is good pop, post-punk, hardcore, indie, techno, bulgarian throat singing, artrock, emo or ambient everywhere else

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

And tbh, they can devote an entire day at Mordor to Reggaeton as long as there is good pop, post-punk, hardcore, indie, techno, bulgarian throat singing, artrock, emo or ambient everywhere else

Or they can devote all the days to good music instead. I don't know why I should hope for acts Primavera never needed.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Guess which city is very conveniently on the way from Madrid to Lyon. Wouldn't be a full production, probably a night off for most of her crew, or some could travel ahead of her to Lyon. I think it's definitely plausible tbh. More plausible than Tool was anyway! 

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

Guess which city is very conveniently on the way from Madrid to Lyon. Wouldn't be a full production, probably a night off for most of her crew, or some could travel ahead of her to Lyon. I think it's definitely plausible tbh. More plausible than Tool was anyway! 

But once again, why would she do it? Why just not having another show in Madrid and make much more money without travelling? I don’t see anything that can make Taylor come to Primavera. It’s not like Coachella or Glastonbury are trying to book her, both festivals are more important for her type of artist and would pay probably more.