Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

On 11/7/2023 at 9:25 AM, Quadrophobia said:

I don't think the booking proces has specific boxes like that to tick. If no legacy band like Descendents or Bad Religion is around, there simply isn't gonna be one. Still, its early and many bands that'll be touring next summer haven't been announced anywhere yet.

I can see PS bring Bane, Incendiary or Gel in terms of Hardcore/Punk, but apart from that, I don't see many fitting bands around. However its not really a core genre, so they could sip it alltogether.

There's almost every year atleast one band that you can kind of fit in that box (see list below). But indeed Dropkick Murphys does not fit Primavera at all.

Circle Jerks, Iggy Pop, The Distillers, Turbonegro or Misfits would be a good fit if they're touring.

2023: Bad Religion / Unwound

2022: Bikini Kill

2019: Jawbreaker / Stiff Little Fingers

2018: ?

2017: Descendents / The Damned

2016: Drive Like Jehu

42 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

There's almost every year atleast one band that you can kind of fit in that box (see list below). But indeed Dropkick Murphys does not fit Primavera at all.

Circle Jerks, Iggy Pop, The Distillers, Turbonegro or Misfits would be a good fit if they're touring.

2012: Refused, on the Rayban stage. Loved that one

2 hours ago, Boss89 said:

I had a much narrower understanding of punk writing this comment, if this is the framework I'm sure there'd be candidates.

In terms of hardcore/Metal I'd like Zulu, Speed, Gel, Scowl and Pest control from the Download album, also the Callous Daoboys.

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Less than a month to get the official lineup and we still have no concrete names or self confirmed bands. Don’t know if I’m happy about it or not, kind of creates a mystery. 

I'd say PULP at this point are concrete and I'd be very surprised if PJ wasn't there.

8 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Tool is a band that I feel would fit PS musically, but still wouldn't be booked. Also there are allegations against Maynard Keenan that PS would have to answer questions about.

Didn't know about the allegations. 

Think it would be price that prevent them from playing more than anything.

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Less than a month to get the official lineup and we still have no concrete names or self confirmed bands. Don’t know if I’m happy about it or not, kind of creates a mystery. 

Has there been a precedent? I am on this forum since after the 2019 edition and the most unpredictable has been 2023 because of blur, depeche mode, skrillex&friends mainly 

Edited by Whos3000_

2 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Has there been a precedent? I am on this forum since after the 2019 edition and the most unpredictable has been 2023 because of blur, depeche mode, skrillex&friends mainly 

at this stage, its relatively normal. I mean, Pulp and Pj Harvey are very likely and we have some other names that would absolutely make sence (Mitski, Fontaines, Kali Uchis, Mandy Indiana, The Armed, Liv.e, Tainy). The only year I remember it being different was 2018 when the line up was announced late January and all the headline acts could easily be guessed because of tour gaps.

3 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

This year the lineup is so unpredictable that there aren't even fake posters like other years😁

I never got the dynamic of those. I mean its fun to make, but the last one got shared so wildly, some artists had to put out statements they are actually not playing 😁

It could be as little as two weeks away....

i love the fake posters !! 

i also loved when pavement shared the poster too early one year. 

2016 was also announced in January and it was spectacular! 
i never loved a line up that much 

all the big headliners and the second smaller headliners were / are my favourite bands. 
can’t wait for this one! 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ibo said:

i love the fake posters !! 

i also loved when pavement shared the poster too early one year. 

2016 was also announced in January and it was spectacular! 
i never loved a line up that much 

all the big headliners and the second smaller headliners were / are my favourite bands. 
can’t wait for this one! 

Was offensively good. Think there may have been some tears when it was announced

image.png.843308c8bd0590729e4874bde4e96d25.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1