Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

To something else than headliners, here is my wishlist for less known acts: Sofia Kourtesis, Fat Dog, Golden Apples, Tanukichan, L'Rain, High Vis, Slow Pulp, Hannah Jadagu, crushed, Speakers Corner Quartet, Kara Jackson, Kiwi Jr., piri, English Teacher, Chappaqua Wrestling, Momma. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, chilirocker said:

I saw PJ Harvey at the weekend and could totally see her headline on the Thursday, it was fantastic. 

I think the most realistic version of the headliners will be:

Thurs: Pulp - Lana Del Rey - PJ Harvey

Fri: The Cure - Bad Bunny

Sat: Karol G - LCD Soundsystem - Paramore

I'd only put my money right now on Massive Attack and The National

11 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Cure - Massive Attack

bad bunny/travis Scott/Tyler the creator  - Fka twigs (if we ignore the leak) -  pj Harvey 

sza - Lana del Rey - lcd?

coukd work as a set of headliners but it’s still lacking some impact factor and it’s too focused on 2023 rather than 2024 

I'm with you though they can only book who is available.

And if they do get Bad Bunny, like him or not, that is impact given he has been the most streamed artist anywhere on the planet in the last few years.

29 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

This is personally what I'm going for:

Line up prediction:

Wednesday: The The

Thursday: Pulp, Doja Cat, PJ Harvey

Friday : Travis Scott, The National, Robyn

Saturday: Lana Del Rey, Massive Attack, Justice

Probably the most realistic list until now. I think that Bad Bunny could be possible but he must be suuuuper expensive, but then again Travis Scott also is very expansive, so it’s going to be between one of them.

Instead of Doja Cat, I feel like SZA is more probable.

And lastly C. Tangana seems to be a big possibility, there are some rumours of him doing a new album and concerts, and that’s a very good artist for Primavera, both for being Spanish and for having critically acclaimed album and performances. 

I'd be very happy if at least some of these acts would turn up, and I see some realistic chance for all: mclusky, the clientele, walkmen, LCD (maybe a BCN residency?), creeper, jeff rosenstock, kali uchis, carly rae jepsen

as for the headliners, I dont know. almost all of them are unenjoyable because of the crowd

Edited by csopcsop

Lots of names which are likely are being thrown in here, even if we can´t guess all the top acts, half of them will be among the ones that have been already mentioned. But there is one that is being brought a lot that makes little sense at Primavera.

I know it seems there aren´t any red lines anymore, especially after having seen Calvin Harris or Maneskin there, but Karol G makes even less sense than Calvin. Following that top post from yesterday explaining the differences between Rosalia and Bad Bunny, Karol G is miles away from them in which refers to the “PSness” factor. While the first two are critically acclaimed artists which have a transcended their genre and have the Pitchfork seal of approval, the Colombian does not even have a single album review there. I guess that coming from someone that does not live here or consume this type of music usually, it may seem that she is no different from Rosalia or Bad Bunny, but she is, and the public she appeals is not among the target audience that has attended primavera until now.

Having said that, I know that nowadays we should consider nearly every name for Primavera and we cannot discard her. She would sell well and attract new audience to primavera I guess, but she is no Rosalia if you are looking for a similar thing for the 2024 lineup.

6 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Is it just me….I love PJ Harvey but it’s quite an acquired taste for some.

I can imagine a large cohort being quite bored by her.

She's been playing her new album followed by a second set of "greatest hits" this tour. I can see the second half going down well.

I'd agree that her later albums played in full, which seems typical for her, is an acquired taste. Certainly that's the feeling I got in the Primavera crowd in 2016.

55 minutes ago, Trk said:

Lots of names which are likely are being thrown in here, even if we can´t guess all the top acts, half of them will be among the ones that have been already mentioned. But there is one that is being brought a lot that makes little sense at Primavera.

I know it seems there aren´t any red lines anymore, especially after having seen Calvin Harris or Maneskin there, but Karol G makes even less sense than Calvin. Following that top post from yesterday explaining the differences between Rosalia and Bad Bunny, Karol G is miles away from them in which refers to the “PSness” factor. While the first two are critically acclaimed artists which have a transcended their genre and have the Pitchfork seal of approval, the Colombian does not even have a single album review there. I guess that coming from someone that does not live here or consume this type of music usually, it may seem that she is no different from Rosalia or Bad Bunny, but she is, and the public she appeals is not among the target audience that has attended primavera until now.

Having said that, I know that nowadays we should consider nearly every name for Primavera and we cannot discard her. She would sell well and attract new audience to primavera I guess, but she is no Rosalia if you are looking for a similar thing for the 2024 lineup.

Actually Karol G has a decent amount of reviews and apparently Rolling Stone and The Guardian like her a lot, and most of her reviews are quite good. She even has better reviews than some other alternative artists that are rumoured here. Plus she has some songs empowering women and femenism and she sings in Spanish so she could fall in the “New Normal” concept. Just because Pitchfork doesn’t review her, doesn’t mean other don’t do that. I see more chance of her coming than other artists like Bad Bunny and so on. She kind of reminds of J Balvin in 2019 when Primavera booked him. 

IMG_3495.png

Edited by festivalguy97