Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

26 minutes ago, frankburns said:

I hope the organisers will not broaden the scope further. I mean: What's beyond Calvin Harris and Maneskin? Do we really wanna know that?

There are other options for a broader line up w/o booking bland Top40 Acts. There is nothing wrong in going into the better realms of pop-punk with the likes of paramore. 

13 hours ago, ThomT94 said:

Is VIP for Barcelona worthwhile? I had it for the Madrid fest this year and didn't really feel much benefit aside from it being easier to get Ciudad reservations, is the Barca experience notably better? 

Priority access to the gigs was the only real benefit at BCN as well. And the only gig that seemed semi hard to get was Darkside, which even that I think regular ticket holders could get with a bit of effort. The VIP areas the last two years have been more about a comfortable place to grab a drink before the fest really gets going.. once it gets busy they are jam packed and uncomfortable unless you camped at a chair or something. You’re not just gonna walk up at 11pm and find a comfy chair and table to rest at. Drinks are $1 cheaper but you couldn’t use AT credit and they generally had longer lines. Bathroom lines in VIP are worse than GA. They might be a little cleaner if you have to sit

50 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

Priority access to the gigs was the only real benefit at BCN as well. And the only gig that seemed semi hard to get was Darkside, which even that I think regular ticket holders could get with a bit of effort. The VIP areas the last two years have been more about a comfortable place to grab a drink before the fest really gets going.. once it gets busy they are jam packed and uncomfortable unless you camped at a chair or something. You’re not just gonna walk up at 11pm and find a comfy chair and table to rest at. Drinks are $1 cheaper but you couldn’t use AT credit and they generally had longer lines. Bathroom lines in VIP are worse than GA. They might be a little cleaner if you have to sit

That's kind of what I was expecting, my main worry though is if they have an incredible Ciutat gig and I miss out if I'm only in general admission. Which is important but for double the price? I don't know 

I've got 6 hours to decide I guess 

Hey all -- Does any 2023 ticket holder, not wanting presale, have some codes I can use for myself and a friend?! 

Missed it too much after going in '22 and need that discount action xx 

Feel free to PM me !

Edited by harryy

As Dua and Megan Thee Stallion played Prima, I reckon Paramore can do just fine 😉

I doubt they will be there but I would love it. Their evolution throughout the years is remarkable and Hayley solo is afaik 100% Prima material, their last 3 albums are not so far away from that

Is a return of Nick Cave too early? I would guess so, but he's working on a new album with the Bad Seeds and will probably be releasing it before spring next year. 

Maybe Mad Cool (or BBK) will have him for once as one of their headliners. 

Edited by matrainertje

On 7/10/2023 at 11:38 AM, ThomT94 said:

That's kind of what I was expecting, my main worry though is if they have an incredible Ciutat gig and I miss out if I'm only in general admission. Which is important but for double the price? I don't know 

I've got 6 hours to decide I guess 

Right.. I figure the one time I don't get VIP they'll have some incredible act like Pulp at the Apolo or something and Ill get locked out. I come from the US and I figure after all the expense and hassle of getting to BCN, what's another $200 to ensure the best experience.  But objectively - has VIP been worth it the past two years? No.. 

4 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Is a return of Nick Cave too early? I would guess so, but he's working on a new album with the Bad Seeds and will probably be releasing it before spring next year. 

Maybe Mad Cool (or BBK) will have him for once as one of their headliners. 

I think if they're touring, PS will book them (as they should). I personally think they're probable for next year, but we'll see when the album comes out and if there is a summer tour.