Sunday Sub

nikkic

Candi Staton, Caroline Polachek & The War on Drugs were all on my must-sees list.  They all clash & none of them really give you sufficient time to get to Elton John. 

So I'm sacrificing them all to watch Lil Nas X who I don't mind and should put on a decent show. I'll still be needing the bar & toilet after him but at least I'm in the general area of the Pyramid in time for Elton.

4 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Not enough Caroline Polachek talk on here - that's who i'll be seeing, worth missing the start of Elton for.

That's where I am - happy to still see almost 2 hours of Elton after Caroline is finished - but how the hell do we get into the Pyramid field? 

Talk of the Pyramid field being closed / full at the start of the Stones has me worried (my own experience was trying to get into Pyramid field from up through Hawkwell, so Woodsies side, and it just being impossible to get into the field and then having to go all the way round - this will be Sunday rather than Saturday + me being 10 years older)

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'll be there, I'm pretty sure! Taking in some well-crafted pop before the majesty that is Phoenix - aka where all the cool kids are 😂

Ben

Oh Ben 😭😭😭.

The Elton / Phoenix dilemma is one that will haunt me for years 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Oh Ben 😭😭😭.

The Elton / Phoenix dilemma is one that will haunt me for years 

As soon as Big Reg starts twinkling the ivories you'll forget all about Phoenix. 

Post fest you'll probably change your name to Rocket Girl. 

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I don't know if I could watch more than ten minutes of Lil Nas X after checking out his show. It's like 50% playback, 30% twerking 20% costume changes.

This has worried me can it be that bad, I guess I will check the video later, either way prob committed to get a good spot for Reg

40 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

TWOD and Elton are two of my must sees which leaves me in a bit of a pickle. 

With this talk of them closing the field for Dolly/Stones, is that just for the main routes so you have to go in from the back of the pyramid stage? Are the access paths still open?

You will easily make it through. Once we went up Muddy Lane, between Acoustic and Kidney Mead, and across the top and down into the crowd. Either stay near the tree/back row (needs a bar back there by the way) or get through the “crust” and there will be space. We watched Coldplay from there and were level with the front edge of the back urinals on the left, but well into the field. Could see well, hear well, get to the loos and back and it was spot on.

You’ve made me decide where to head for Elton now, thank you 🙂

I have to see Reg from the pit, so will miss Warren, which is a shame. I'll probably arrive towards the end of LNX and then try and snake in once the traffic starts up. Hopefully enough to get a good spot. I was thinking about watching all of LNX from the pit just to be safe, but cannot bring myself to do it. Really not my thing at all.

Edited by maelzoid
typo

15 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I was hoping to catch the end of Elton after Alt-J, even from behind a huge crowd. Possibly that's sounding like they won't even let me in the field?

Rolling stones I wondered in after they started, watch a bit and left. Did come in from the top of the field

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, worthyraver said:

This has worried me can it be that bad, I guess I will check the video later, either way prob committed to get a good spot for Reg

Admittedly, I only watched snippets from start to finish, not the whole thing, but there were times I couldn't tell if he was singing or it was just the backing track. I mean, I'd consider myself to have a pretty eclectic music taste, but I'd file Lil Nas X alongside Bad Bunny in the "Not for me" category 😆 

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Admittedly, I only watched snippets from start to finish, not the whole thing, but there were times I couldn't tell if he was singing or it was just the backing track. I mean, I'd consider myself to have a pretty eclectic music taste, but I'd file Lil Nas X alongside Bad Bunny in the "Not for me" category 😆 

I had the first five minutes on I thought it was a joke and I am fairly certain he was a bit pitchy I would have to re-listen to be sure, something I don't really want to do.

Before I listened I intended to be there to get a good spot, really don't think I could do it now.

3 minutes ago, worthyraver said:

I had the first five minutes on I thought it was a joke and I am fairly certain he was a bit pitchy I would have to re-listen to be sure, something I don't really want to do.

Before I listened I intended to be there to get a good spot, really don't think I could do it now.

Def think I'm going to use LNX as a time to get some food but remain close by, then as soon as he finishes start to move in.

I'm really in two minds about how close I want to be as well. Either near the barrier behind the pit, or further back with space to move around. Might do a bit of both. One hour further forward, then move back further up the field to the hill.