Sunday Sub

nikkic

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Far From Saints, slow wander from Cabaret, Elton from a fair way back. 

I've not seen a Pyramid headliner from back up the field so I'm planning on taking it all in from there.

I must say, I saw Stevie Wonder from a bit past the sound stage, does the sound get worse of you're way back?

Tbh, there's not a lot on on Sunday evening that takes my fancy. Prob see K-Klass, then as they finish just wander to the Pyramid, catch the end of Lil Nas and try and pick a good position for Elton. Hoping I can get to the first barrier and keep my spot. Won't be drinking anything for the last hour so hopefully no needing the toilets etc, and just drink my neat rum until he comes on.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

What’s your plan for Sunday?

We want to get a decent spot for Elton so may see some of Lil Nas, although I’m pretty indifferent to him. 

Would much rather be watching Candi Staton or TWOD, but would have to forego a prime spot for Reginald. 

What are your plans? 

Not a chance I’ll watch someone I have no interest in at Glastonbury to ‘position’ myself for the next act. Too much fun elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Tbh, there's not a lot on on Sunday evening that takes my fancy. Prob see K-Klass, then as they finish just wander to the Pyramid, catch the end of Lil Nas and try and pick a good position for Elton. Hoping I can get to the first barrier and keep my spot. Won't be drinking anything for the last hour so hopefully no needing the toilets etc, and just drink my neat rum until he comes on.

We’ll watch K Klass too, then might try and watch Romy at San Remo. 

There’s plenty I’d like to watch but most if it clashes!! 

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

We’ll watch K Klass too, then might try and watch Romy at San Remo. 

There’s plenty I’d like to watch but most if it clashes!! 

Now this sounds like an excellent plan. I’ve not done my clashfinder at all yet (so I’ve no idea who’s on where) but wanted to see K Klass and my husband was mentioning Romy last night. 

Having said all that, I probably won’t be able to do any of the above and will be more likely napping in my tent as I’m 27 weeks pregnant 😂

50 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Are you seeing EJ tho? Romy finished at 8:30, that's leaving it a bit late for my liking 😅

Will watch Romy until 8 then head up.

An hour will be enough time to get to where we want I expect. 

52 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Now this sounds like an excellent plan. I’ve not done my clashfinder at all yet (so I’ve no idea who’s on where) but wanted to see K Klass and my husband was mentioning Romy last night. 

Having said all that, I probably won’t be able to do any of the above and will be more likely napping in my tent as I’m 27 weeks pregnant 😂

Congrats!!!

Bunch of things I'd love to see at the same time as K Klass, inc Slowdive, Alison Goldfrapp and Blondie, but think we'll go for the former.

Been listing to Lil Nas since he was announced and watching some of his live shows. I think people are gonna be pleasantly surprised by his live shows as they are very cool, if he manages to bring a fair bit of it to Glastonbury. Go in with an open mind. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Will watch Romy until 8 then head up.

An hour will be enough time to get to where we want I expect. 

I only ask because I thought about Romy in between too, but from the end of K-Klass in Glade, navigating the Other field, to San Remo and then to Pyramid, I don't know if my tired Sunday legs and back will manage it, hahaha

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Been listing to Lil Nas since he was announced and watching some of his live shows. I think people are gonna be pleasantly surprised by his live shows as they are very cool, if he manages to bring a fair bit of it to Glastonbury. Go in with an open mind. 

Yeah he's gonna put on a show. But suits me if he's relatively quiet.

For those who are prepared to watch a bit of Lil Nas X (say you turn up halfway through at 7:30ish), so they have a good spot for EJ, how the heck are you lasting one and a half hours and THEN the whole of EJ without needing the loo?

It'd be near on impossible to get back to your spot during EJ if you go to the bogs because the crowd is going to be heaving without losing 45-60 minutes of the gig.

My mind can't handle these complex issues without thinking there's some kind of blood magic and/or Lenor bottles in play.

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Not enough Caroline Polachek talk on here - that's who i'll be seeing, worth missing the start of Elton for.

I'll be there, I'm pretty sure! Taking in some well-crafted pop before the majesty that is Phoenix - aka where all the cool kids are 😂

Ben

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

For those who are prepared to watch a bit of Lil Nas X (say you turn up halfway through at 7:30ish), so they have a good spot for EJ, how the heck are you lasting one and a half hours and THEN the whole of EJ without needing the loo?

It'd be near on impossible to get back to your spot during EJ if you go to the bogs because the crowd is going to be heaving without losing 45-60 minutes of the gig.

My mind can't handle these complex issues without thinking there's some kind of blood magic and/or Lenor bottles in play.

Switch to wine or spirits.

9 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I must say, I saw Stevie Wonder from a bit past the sound stage, does the sound get worse of you're way back?

This does concern me, the last act I saw from Wa back was Diana Ross and the sound was crap for half the gig (which may have been a blessing), I've never watched a headliner from any further back than the sound desk, all bar one have been in the pit.

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I only ask because I thought about Romy in between too, but from the end of K-Klass in Glade, navigating the Other field, to San Remo and then to Pyramid, I don't know if my tired Sunday legs and back will manage it, hahaha

The thought had crossed my mind. 

Plan B is walk past WH and hang there for a bit, grab some food etc. 

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Far From Saints, slow wander from Cabaret, Elton from a fair way back. 

I've not seen a Pyramid headliner from back up the field so I'm planning on taking it all in from there.

Watched Macca from up there and honestly it was quite majestic.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Watched Macca from up there and honestly it was quite majestic.  

Watched a couple from right at the back due to either how busy it was or lack of interest in the act and you definitely get a different perspective and really appreciate the crowd/flares/flags/whole stage setup etc. It's no bad thing if you end up at the back

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is there a raised bit where you can see over the crowd? I'd be quite tempted by this if it meant I could turn up late and have a bit more space, plus being able to see the crowd etc too.

Yep, right on the hill (right hand side facing the stage).  Does give quite the view 

this is a really difficult one for me. TWOD are one of my fav bands and one of the best live acts in the world at the moment. It might be difficult getting a spot for Elton within the 15 mins from TWOD finishing.

Couple of us are seeing TWOD in Brighton the Sat before GF, but I love them so much so wouldn't be happy about missing a minute at the festival!

Elton also one of my fav all-time artists so wouldn't want to miss his last show. Caught him at the O2 in April and he was amazing, so if I had to miss a bit of him whilst heading from TWOD and moving through crowd then so be it.

On top of all this, squeezing in K-Klass AND Slowdive will be difficult on Sunday afternoon, and having to miss out on Phoenix will suck - another favourite act.

Not actually complaining though, this is why we are spoiled for choice at GF! Shaping up to be an all-time Sunday for me. Thought Pet Shop Boys closing last year was amazing, this will be something else