Carly rae jepson

glimmers_of_hope

I’ve actually seen her name on here way more than I expected on peoples must sees since announcement, which is great to see.

This will be my fifth or sixth time seeing her and it always is such JOY, she’s a great performer and just a good egg, Also, all, CRJ fans will tell you that Call Me Maybe (while it will be a moment at an event like this) is well amongst her worst songs, genuinely not a highlight in her repertoire.

Run Away With Me, Cut To The Feeling and some of the lesser known album tracks are where her genius lie. I am CERTAIN that many people don’t know what she has in her arsenal - if you want something different to explosive pop, check out songs like ‘Comeback’, ‘Now I Don’t Hate California After All’, ‘Bends’, ‘Keep Away’… she’ll do precisely none of them in this set but that’s not the point haha 

• Upvote 1

Excited for this, playing a lot of CRJ in the run up. She played a 70 minute festival set a couple of weeks back:

Surrender My Heart
Joshua Tree
Run Away With Me
Too Much
Talking to Yourself
Emotion / Favourite Colour
Call Me Maybe
Stay Away
Bends
Western Wind
I Really Like You
Want You in My Room
Beach House
The Loneliest Time
Cut to the Feeling

We'll probably lose three songs - I guess any three from Joshua Tree, Too Much, Stay Away and Bends? - but what a setlist.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Drinky said:

Excited for this, playing a lot of CRJ in the run up. She played a 70 minute festival set a couple of weeks back:

The only thing missing for me there would be Boy Problems, one of the catchiest songs of the 2010s.

Regardless, this is going to be of the sets of the weekend, Carly has such an infectious positive energy that I can't wait for.

On 6/7/2023 at 3:07 PM, FakeEmpire said:

I'm still to torn between that and Texas on the Pyramid. Childhood nostalgia there & I've never seen them before.

Been discussing Texas with a pal.  Been listening to the ol' greatest hits and they're definitely one of those bands with more songs than you think.  We had a blast at Crowded House last year, and can see them turning in a similar vibe.

2 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The only thing missing for me there would be Boy Problems, one of the catchiest songs of the 2010s.

Regardless, this is going to be of the sets of the weekend, Carly has such an infectious positive energy that I can't wait for.

Feel similarly. She has played it at some shows this year so I am really hoping we get it next week!

I am very torn - massive fan who finally saw her on her last tour. So my choice is - see the same set again, or see Texas for a nostalgia fest (or, go see Pale Waves who I also love, but basically binned that one off). Think both will be amazing. Why did they clash all 3? 😌 Especially when there's bugger all else I want to see on Friday.

3 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

I am very torn - massive fan who finally saw her on her last tour. So my choice is - see the same set again, or see Texas for a nostalgia fest (or, go see Pale Waves who I also love, but basically binned that one off). Think both will be amazing. Why did they clash all 3? 😌 Especially when there's bugger all else I want to see on Friday.

Feel like the clashes are particularly bad this year - I want to see Shygirl and Fred, two acts that make sort of alternative/ accessible dance music but Shygirl eats into Fred and is on the Park.

I wonder if they were spooked by the crowds/ complaints about them last year and are trying to schedule similar acts at the same time this year. See: Courteeners/ Foo Fighters so Woodsies isn't rammed.

50 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Feel like the clashes are particularly bad this year - I want to see Shygirl and Fred, two acts that make sort of alternative/ accessible dance music but Shygirl eats into Fred and is on the Park.

I wonder if they were spooked by the crowds/ complaints about them last year and are trying to schedule similar acts at the same time this year. See: Courteeners/ Foo Fighters so Woodsies isn't rammed.

I wouldn't say they are any worse this year (after all, Texas and Carly are hardly that similar an act like if they'd clashed Carly and e.g. Rina Sawayama). There's always a few hideous clashes. Although I am sure most years a couple are deliberate, especially for the bigger acts like Fred or Elton.