Best Main Stage Line Up 2023

nikkic

Which stage do you think has the best run of acts across the weekend? 

I've been filling in the Clashfinder and for me I think The Levels is top dog. Fantastic run of DJs/acts, I could quite comfortably stay there all weekend!

Who do you think has nailed it?

Edited by nikkic

Not a main stage, but Strummerville seems, to me at least, to have several acts on I’d love to see, many more than is usual on that stage. I think this is possibly in part down to the Thursday, the absence of Williams Green, and an attempt to spread any crowding across the site. You can’t send people more out of the main thoroughfares than way up to Strummerville!

I think West Holts has the strongest as a whole. I have a couple of days when I could happily stay there for the whole day. Obviously at any given point there is probably individual acts around site that are better but if I broke my leg tomorrow I could probably be a chair w*nker there most days and be perfectly happy. 

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think West Holts has the strongest as a whole. I have a couple of days when I could happily stay there for the whole day. Obviously at any given point there is probably individual acts around site that are better but if I broke my leg tomorrow I could probably be a chair w*nker there most days and be perfectly happy. 

I feel like it’s the worst West Holts line up in a while personally. I’d go with Woodsies.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Which stage do you think has the best run of acts across the weekend? 

I've been filling in the Clashfinder and for me I think The Levels is top dog. Fantastic run of DJs/acts, I could quite comfortably stay there all weekend!

Who do you think has nailed it?

Levels is definitely a good shout

As many have said SH alone would be a fantastic dance fest.

IF i had to stay at the same stage all day i'd do Levels thurs, Arcadia fri (although quite short), stonebridge bar sat and then maybe woodsies sunday 🙂 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Agreed. Really liking West Holts this year. 

4 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I feel like it’s the worst West Holts line up in a while personally. I’d go with Woodsies.

That’s the great thing about Glastonbury one man’s rubbish is another’s treasure as they say. I actually probably won’t see too many acts there as when I do the one v ones there probably is stronger other places but as a run they probably have the biggest run of acts where I at least like a few songs per artist. 

24 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Woodsies saturday daytime is superb for me. Working mens club, murder capitol then shame. Followed by secret act.

Yes. I'll be parked in and around Woodsies on Saturday from the beginning up to TBA. Probably off to Kid Kapichi and then back to GnR. Will be a cracking day with not much moving around. And I'm not even missing loads of want-to-sees in that time.

21 minutes ago, clasher said:

Yes. I'll be parked in and around Woodsies on Saturday from the beginning up to TBA. Probably off to Kid Kapichi and then back to GnR. Will be a cracking day with not much moving around. And I'm not even missing loads of want-to-sees in that time.

Same here. Woodsies nearly all day Sat - skipping off depending on TBAs and what we decide to do about Lizzo/Manics/Maneskin clash and back for CATQ headlining. First ever Glasto where I could genuinely spend all day on one stage and be v happy 

29 minutes ago, clasher said:

I'll be off to manics then GnR

Tough one this. As with all years, my clashfinder is spread about across many areas and I rarely get camped at one stage for more than 2 acts back to back. I’ll be the same this year.

That said, if I had to pick just one stage to be sat at for the main 3 days, it would probably be Avalon.

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For me this year, Silver Hayes has nailed it. Never thought I'd ever say that, certainly not 4 or 5 years ago, at least. Lonely Hearts Club on Saturday is s.t.a.c.k.e.d 

Yep SH is like a festival in itself. 

First time I'm actually looking forward to being away from the SE corner at night time. 

Completely unoriginal, but I think I’ll be spending more time at the pointy stage than I have ever done previously.

This is in part due to my girlfriend’s tastes in addition to mine. But expect to be there for all/some of:

Arctic Monkeys, Lizzo, Lewis Capaldi, Rick Astley, Aitch, Elton John, Texas, Churnups, Blondie, Sophie EB, maybe the Chicks, Cat Stevens too.

12 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yep SH is like a festival in itself. 

First time I'm actually looking forward to being away from the SE corner at night time. 

Agreed. A programme offering me a genuine alternative to the SEC, at least for for the first half of the night. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Woodsies have a done a sterling job IMO - and I rarely spent much time previously at the JP. Lots to start the day with there. 

Agree also with the SH being much improved. I can't wait to see what it looks like post revamp. 

As someone who always camps in Pylon this is great news! (Although this year we may need to move to Bushy...)