Glastonbury 2023 £6 Meal Deal

stuie

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Not for everyone it’s not! Most people will spend nowhere near this. 

Got to be close for most.

Ticket, transport to and from, food, drink, drugs, other bits and pieces

Possibly car park or camper van pass

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

think I spent £80 last year 

£50 a day + £100, is my tried and tested formula. Covers all food and a bit of merch. As long as I don’t need to buy any booze until Saturday, it works. 

Edited by kalifire

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Got to be close for most.

Ticket, transport to and from, food, drink, drugs, other bits and pieces

Possibly car park or camper van pass

For me, it's around the £750-£800 mark, I'd say. £400 for ticket and parking and around the same for everything else, on average. Food-wise, I bring snacks in and have one "meal" a day, usually from Happy Maki or VFC. Don't think I could ever justify it to a point where it cost me £1000 in total. That's a week in the sun, somewhere.

Remember that most food and drink places are looking at needing 65% gross profit minimum. Then factor in the seasonality of the work and the high pitch costs, high fuel costs as well as higher wages needed lately in hospitality and you're looking at best a couple of quid worth of ingredients, possibly less. And that's really not riping people off either. And that 2 quid is buying a lot less too.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

£50 a day + £100, is my tried and tested formula. Covers all food and a bit of merch. As long as I don’t need to buy any booze until Saturday, it works. 

So you're at £700 inc ticket already

Factor in travel costs and it's pushing £1000

21 minutes ago, stuie said:

Apart from @kalifirewho's essentially paying to leave the sunshine behind. 

i dunno, a Melbourne winter can be absolute misery, they do a fine line of grey drizzly june days there (doesnt stop it from being a magnificent place to live though, i love the place!)

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i dunno, a Melbourne winter can be absolute misery, they do a fine line of grey drizzly june days there (doesnt stop it from being a magnificent place to live though, i love the place!)

True story. Melbourne in May-September can be pretty dire. We wear scarfs and gloves at points. I love having seasons, personally. 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Ah I've noticed where you're from

I should add that I don’t visit just for the festival. It’s time spent with family and friends, and a holiday to boot. If it was just Glastonbury I probably couldn’t justify it. 

£6 a meal deal x 3 a day across 5 days is £90

Sounds reasonable to me although I've never actually tried any of the food for a 5er deals so no idea if they are substantial enough. I guess you can pad out with snacks you take yourself?

Is it doable to do the above for the duration of the festival?

Edited by JoeyT

Last year we spent £265 on our ticket each, £162.50 each (£325) on our Sticklinch tent, we burned through £250 each (£500) spending each and we took about £50 each (£100 Total) in drinks with us. 

We weren't being tight, even had a night of going from stall to stall sharing a load of small bites from different stalls, and purchased a hoodie. Having said that, we didn't get many drinks from bars, maybe 10 each across the whole week at a guess. 

So yeh, £727.50 each all in, with Sticklinch... It's really not too bad. 

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

How’s that even possible when the ticket price is x4 that amount?!

I think I’m usually looking at around £700-£800 for everything.

sorry festival spend 🙂 I  take a fair bit of my own alcohol and food . a few drinks from the bars and a few meals but not a great deal 

I have now become a miserable bastard and opted out of rounds of drinks at festivals, maybe if it’s 1 or 2 other people I’ll be with all day, but more than that and the odds of me staying with that many people for long enough to get a drink bought back is nil. Rounds of drinks can be £35-40 quid now if there’s 5 of you, Assuming no one wants a spirit mixer. 

We have always tried to bring loads of stuff and been super open with sharing, but when you’ve lugged in 4 crates of cider and someone else bought a 4 pack and a bunch of bananas it’s started to grate on me a little bit, even more so now everything costs so much. 

2019 had the £5 meal deal iirc but everyone seemed to be conveniently sold out of it all the time. 

Just done a rough total and think that excepting spending money, Me & Mrs 4AM will have spent just over £1k (tickets, parking sticker, booze run, few bits of camping stuff/odds & sods and the fuel to get there & back).  I think spending wise we're looking at £500 - £600, so we'll be about £800 apiece all in.