Secret Sets 2023

JayDiesel

14 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

The Killers did their secret set a couple years before their last headline. 
By next year The 1975 will have finished this current cycle (already seems to be drawing to a close)
So maybe secret set this year and headline 2025? 

if that's how it works were was the libertines headline set?

My guess is

Pulp for Pyramid Friday

The 1975 for Friday Woodsies

Muse for Saturday Woodsies (unlikely I know but they did do that excellent small gig at Horse Guards Parade once upon a time)

Kasabian for Saturday Park

Probably all wrong except Pulp!

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Are all the Kasabian mentions guesses or is there info on them? 

Mines a guess with the logic that they are a former headliner who would play a smaller slot now but probably don't want to appear below Headliner/Sub normally.

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Any rrason why Blur aren't being mentioned for a secret set? Too big?

Think someone said they were playing Dublin on Saturday and then Graham was playing somewhere else on the Friday with The Weave. God knows why he's running two separate tours at the same time.

Edited by Joey01

1 hour ago, Joey01 said:

Think someone said they were playing Dublin on Saturday and then Graham was playing somewhere else on the Friday with The Weave. God knows why he's running two separate tours at the same time.

Interestingly, The Weave have just rearranged this date from Friday to the Sunday "due to circumstances beyond control" in the last 10 minutes... 

https://www.facebook.com/thewaeveofficial/posts/pfbid0noNLrkme1gibjFzCYREgExtAundwsdQoqzN3DFA2iigYmJwFYAZ5MtunZqsaxiRFl

20 hours ago, Levitz said:

Graham playing in Dublin with the Waeve on Friday, Blur playing Dublin on the Saturday so would seem impossible

Soooooooo The Waeve Dublin gig has just been moved to the Sunday (circumstances outside their control)......Blur are back in the mix.....

Edit: the promoter now saying it's 'scheduling conflicts'

Edit again: this would obviously also free up the Waeve fro a secret set.....

Edited by Levitz

31 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Friday Pyramid - Foos

Friday Woodsies - Blur

Sat Woodsies - The 1975

Sat Park - Pulp

This is very wishful thinking, they could all headline El Pointo. Be very lucky if we got 2 of those. I'd stab a guess at Pulp, Hozier, Mumford & Pretenders.

28 minutes ago, rwoo said:

This is very wishful thinking, they could all headline El Pointo. Be very lucky if we got 2 of those. I'd stab a guess at Pulp, Hozier, Mumford & Pretenders.

Yeah I've gone big. Christ imagine if it's Hozier. Bigger let down than Ezra.

Edited by fightoffyour

35 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

What’s the best way of finding out the up to date gossip/info when you’re onsite if you don’t have Twitter?

Pick up the Glastonbury free press in the morning, ask people who have twitter what @Secretglasto is saying, log on to efests and read this thread. 

Edited by Levitz

I've studied the times properly now and I think I'm happy whoever the Friday and Saturday main TBAs are 

Chvrches if the Friday one isn't that good (though if its Blur or Pulp they by default become my highlight of the weekend) 

Saturday Lewis Capaldi then Manics, and even most of Manics if the Woodsies one is to my liking as can make the last half. Will do the Park if its someone I love but more than happy not to

Have saw earlier Hozier is doing a warm up show on June 21st, does this spell him out to be one of the TBA's? Pretty underwhelming but in reality all four slots surely can't be a combination of Pulp/Foos/1975/Blur level acts, so Hozier for may be the Friday or Saturday TBA slot may just sound about right if there is one or two acts on the bigger side of the fence playing in the other TBA slots.