The churnups

a6l6e6x

19 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Legend spot belongs to Blondie this year

• currently both Blondie & Yusuf are allocated 75 minute slots (last year DiRo had 75 and Elbow afterwards had only 60) 
  • Last year the slot started at 4pm, this year it's a smudge around those times, Yusuf at 3:15, Blondie at 5:00 (which of those sounds more like tea time?)
  • Blondie on second, nearer to being a headline out of the two legends
  • Last year's clashfinder stats have ~50% of people saying they'd go to see DiRo, Blondie have about the same (at the moment) this year whereas Yusuf is about half that amount

Personally looking forward to Yusuf and sticking around for a bit of Blondie - if it's busy for Yusuf it's people who've arrived early for Blondie - so Blondie are definitely this year's legends (it's official!)

I feel like regardless of times, stats, whatever - Cat Stevens is the one at the top on the updated poster so therefore is the legend

6 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I'm not a fan of Foos or GnR massively, both bands I like a few of the singles, they're clearly good at big stadium rock.

So I'm a bit confused why people are managing to get themselves really excited for GnR but are slagging off the Foos so much.

Cos all the songs that people have been posting over the last few pages aren't fit to kiss the feet of the likes of Sweet Child Of Mine or Paradise City.

9 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Most in the crowd would have no clue who they are... to our eternal shame.

That's one scenario that might get me to the Pyramid for the set! But then I'd be disappointed if they came on only to play Foos songs!

Spirit of Radio echoing across the Vale of Avalon, hello....

Ben

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

I feel like regardless of times, stats, whatever - Cat Stevens is the one at the top on the updated poster so therefore is the legend

Ignoring all of my own points, and the poster, I feel like Yusuf is the legend.  Happy to let the flashmob folk decide though 😛 

9 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Ignoring all of my own points, and the poster, I feel like Yusuf is the legend.  Happy to let the flashmob folk decide though 😛 

Not really ignoring, just making the point that every year Legend is at the top of the poster and this year that is Cat.

Timings etc change every year, if theres a marathon headliner on then legend will be at a different time to normal e.g. cure 2019 where kylie was on at like 3:45 which is closer to Cat than Blondie's start time

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cat is the legend. He's been announced as such.

Well firstly he's written some incredible songs over the years and secondly if he's one of the acts ME specifically wants then fair shout - it's his party after all. 

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I'm not a fan of Foos or GnR massively, both bands I like a few of the singles, they're clearly good at big stadium rock.

So I'm a bit confused why people are managing to get themselves really excited for GnR but are slagging off the Foos so much.

I guess there's a scarcity factor involved as well - Foos have been at a lot of festivals over the years and there's been a sh*t-tonne of exposure of them over the last twenty years. On the other hand GnR only got back together in what, 2017? They've got more heritage appeal to boot.

Plus, in the simplest terms, GnR have one of the all time greatest rock albums in Appetite for Destruction. Not sure anything Foos have done will ever live up to that. 

Not to even mention that music is all subjective and there's PLENTY of people moaning about GnR being at the top of the bill, lol. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

44 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Well firstly he's written some incredible songs over the years and secondly if he's one of the acts ME specifically wants then fair shout - it's his party after all. 

I'm a fan of both. But Blondie have written some incredible songs also. Possibly perfect pop songs. Could you name a bad single? Blondie definitely better well known and more popular I would guess. Though Cat may get the bigger crowd as he's not played before, rarely tours and Sunday Teatime/Legend lot is trendy.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's one scenario that might get me to the Pyramid for the set! But then I'd be disappointed if they came on only to play Foos songs!

Spirit of Radio echoing across the Vale of Avalon, hello....

Ben

Out of upvotes. They just did YYZ at the tribute didn't they?

Edited by MrZigster

2 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Just because a person likes one ‘stadium rock’ act doesn’t mean they like all of them. 

46 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I'm a fan of both. But Blondie have written some incredible songs also. Possibly perfect pop songs. Could you name a bad single? Blondie definitely better well known and more popular I would guess. Though Cat may get the bigger crowd as he's not played before, rarely tours and Sunday Teatime/Legend lot is trendy.

Shame Blondie are absolutely awful live.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Not really ignoring, just making the point that every year Legend is at the top of the poster and this year that is Cat.

Timings etc change every year, if theres a marathon headliner on then legend will be at a different time to normal e.g. cure 2019 where kylie was on at like 3:45 which is closer to Cat than Blondie's start time

Fair enough - plus I know it's not always the case, but feels like most legends slots go to acts that haven't had much history with the festival.  Blondie have definitely passed through Glastonbury whereas Yusuf just nearly-played (similar to Kylie actually, not the same reason but pulling out and then taking a long time before finally reappearing as the legend)

5 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

What's bad about them? Can't play, or just Debbie's voice gone, or what?

Her voice, whatever year they opened the other I was so disappointed was really looking forward to it but it was awful so we left