The churnups

a6l6e6x

41 minutes ago, incident said:

Nobody has said or even implied that [Pulp are bigger than Blur]?

That's correct. And the churnups do not have to be the most popular band on the list.

There was discussion about whether the churnups might outshine Arctic Monkeys, but the Spotify numbers show they shouldn't be too bothered.

45 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

There's no way the avg person on the street knows more Pulp songs than Blur songs. Pulp were the cult champions, but Blur were something else in the 90s.

That isn't what I said.

26 minutes ago, incident said:

That isn't what I said.

Just sounded that way? That Pulp would be mentioned more than Blur on a top ten list in any city in the UK, as a metric for size or popularity.

I don't think they would though. Pretty sure Blur were more popular in the 90s and people would name their songs easier too.

Park Life, Country House, Song 2... I'd bet they'd all be named ahead of many of Pulp's hits.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Just sounded that way? That Pulp would be mentioned more than Blur on a top ten list in any city in the UK, as a metric for size or popularity.

I don't think they would though. Pretty sure Blur were more popular in the 90s and people would name their songs easier too.

Park Life, Country House, Song 2... I'd bet they'd all be named ahead of many of Pulp's hits.

Kinda have to agree with this top 10 90's tunes would be 2 or 3 blur, 2 or 3 Oasis, 1 Pulp + what ever else

5 hours ago, DYRTFT said:

No chance. The festival has seen enough of them recently. It’s Pulp, they’re on a comeback tour and maybe for the last time, they’ve got a gap especially for Glasto, they’re friends of the festival, their tour tickets came on sale a few days after the full lineup so wanted a secret slot so people still bought their tour tickets. 

There is heaps of information pointing towards Foos and only speculation for Pulp - people know Foos have hotel rooms, they are doing a European Headline exclusive in Germany this weekend and are just as close with the fest + also have tour dates to sell when they announce them. The glasto website is even covered with hawks(ings) !!

Pulp information is some suggestive tweets from Nick Banks and a healthy dose of copium

i would be over the moon with pulp and couldn't give a toss about foos but it seems a lock.

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

There is heaps of information pointing towards Foos and only speculation for Pulp - people know Foos have hotel rooms, they are doing a European Headline exclusive in Germany this weekend and are just as close with the fest + also have tour dates to sell when they announce them. The glasto website is even covered with hawks(ings) !!

Pulp information is some suggestive tweets from Nick Banks and a healthy dose of copium

i would be over the moon with pulp and couldn't give a toss about foos but it seems a lock.

It's Pulp.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

They simply aren't. 

Jarvis and Dave were both on site last year, but it wasn't the sprinty one that was presenting Michael with his Peter Blake portrait 

I can't help but think that Spotify figures aren't exactly the best way to judge popularity of bands that first made it big way back in the early nineties, pre-streaming or even MP3s. There could be a sizeable part of Blur and Pulp's audience who haven't got round to using Spotify and are still likely to just stick a CD on at home (if I'm anything to judge by 😆 ). But they're still selling out stadiums and arenas here. There's a lot of love for them in regular Glastonbury attendees and any secret set would be massive.

Foo Fighters & Queens of the Stone Age share management/bookers/etc - prior to their Glastonbury set (25th) QOTSA are headlining Cardiff Castle (23rd).  A Bristol hotel for Glastonbury weekend would sort them rightly.

Perhaps this person who originated the FF @ Bristol hotel rumour just got their wires crossed.

Edited by Pjonze
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BookAngel said:

I can't help but think that Spotify figures aren't exactly the best way to judge popularity of bands that first made it big way back in the early nineties, pre-streaming or even MP3s. There could be a sizeable part of Blur and Pulp's audience who haven't got round to using Spotify and are still likely to just stick a CD on at home (if I'm anything to judge by 😆 ). But they're still selling out stadiums and arenas here. There's a lot of love for them in regular Glastonbury attendees and any secret set would be massive.

Of all the hot takes, this is probably the most wild 😂

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They simply aren't. 

Jarvis and Dave were both on site last year, but it wasn't the sprinty one that was presenting Michael with his Peter Blake portrait 

That aside theres heaps of evidence vs 'friends of fest' and churning something to pulp 😂

Foos love a secret set, have done cheese & grain, wanted to play for ages - its not like they are complete outsiders.

10 hours ago, gfa said:

People know the foo's have hotel rooms???   How? 

Honestly if they were booked into a hotel some agent would just book a bunch of rooms. No way someone would know who they were for at this point.  They wouldn't be booking a hotel room for a Mr Grohl and others..     

So I file the foo's have hotel rooms in the made up bull. Pile of clues unless someone can tell you how they know that. 

Sane people claimed Eminen was in a hotel to perform last year...... didnt happen 

• Like 1