The churnups

a6l6e6x

6 hours ago, DeanoL said:

It's the latter that makes me think it isn't. This isn't a secret set in the Park or Woodsies which a fraction of the festival get to see. It's literally the same stage. You don't play this slot and then come back next year and headline. It'll literally be the same band on the same stage playing the same songs but a few hours later.

Now if it's some sort of Taylor tribute with guests or some sort of supergroup mash-up then maybe you get away with it. But that's the big difference with Pulp and Foos for me - Foos will want to come back and headline in the next three years. And the festival will want to book them. Pulp will be gone for good this time next year, at least in this incarnation.

Is there any reason Foos wouldn't be announced if it were them? I know Pulp have some big London dates on sale on Friday.

(The hour changeover makes me wonder if it's something with a more elaborate set-up also, ie. act with orchestra)

Now you mention it, a certain band are playing with a live orchestra that probably won't headline again..

Screenshot_20230531_163452_Chrome.jpg

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd suggest she was more on the defensive than straining to justify, but either or. I'd be more fascinated to know who the other options were. 

defensive wouldn't be essentially saying "I KNOW THIS IS A BAD BOOKING...."

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

Even Emily felt the need to give a story about how they weren't first choice.

You've said.  Everybody has heard.  Can we get back to discussing what this thread is actually about rather than regurgitating all this absolutely mind numbingly inane guff, please?

• Upvote 1

Genuinely, please can someone DM me when talking about Guns n Roses has stopped and this thread goes back to being fun speculation about who the Churnups are again please. I literally can't bear it when this happens so I'm going to ignore this thread for a while.

Thank you 👍🏼

P.s. Spice Girls would be the best booking ever and everyone on efests knows it 🤣

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Upvote 10

With Dave having been there last year with Paul, it makes sense that they could've started talks for some kind of tribute act.  He clearly loves the festival. And if the supergroup thing is true, I could see Florence being a part of it. 

All speculation of course. I'm not a massive fan of either but it's something I wouldn't want to miss 

5 hours ago, Al2006 said:

Foo Fighters have been teasing UK dates for a while as well? Maybe they'll announce them following this heavily televised secret set?? Great promo for the tour and new album.

Probably been replied to already but can't see this. its already been teased for 2-3 weeks now, its gotta be coming soon. never have seen dates teased for 6+ weeks before. its already overdue!

1 hour ago, Neil said:

and according to some people on this forum, the spice girls and take that would be fantastic bookings.

Shock and surprise on Efests!!!

Man discovers that 2 of the UK's most successful groups have fans that would like to see them play at Glastonbury. 

31st May, 2023, Neil, of Efests fame, could not hide his surprise at learning that 2 of the UK's best selling acts of all time have fans, and even more shocking to him, some of those fans would like to see those acts play at Glastonbury Festival, held at Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset each year. The two acts in question are the Spice Girls and Take That, who between them, have sold an impressive 125 Million albums worldwide. Despite this, Neil clearly doesn't believe the 2 pop acts are big enough for the festival, once known to many as 'Pilton Pop.' 

-----

I'm playing of course, 😉 but that is a silly statement, of course their fans would think they're a great booking, and you can't deny they've had a huge following over the years. (For the record, I'm not particularly a fan of either, but I think Spice Girls would be a good booking, for the laughs and the singalong.) 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

Now you mention it, a certain band are playing with a live orchestra that probably won't headline again..

Screenshot_20230531_163452_Chrome.jpg

My mum's place is yards away from Derby Cricket Ground, and you can see straight in from her front window. We watched Little Mix when they were there last. over £1000 for a front block seat is insane!

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

I think it'll be Tool. In broad daylight in front of the Glastonbury crowd, the perfect environment for their live show.

An hour and fifteen long set so they'll just about manage to just squeeze in four of their songs.

Jokes aside they probably won't ever be back to the UK. 

Edited by Xeph1995

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

Jokes aside they probably won't ever be back to the UK. 

Not for a long time at the very least. Glad I was given the opportunity to see them twice at Download and Manchester because it could well have been my only chance. Fear Inoculum definitely has a sense of finality about it when you listen too.

14 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Man discovers that 2 of the UK's most successful groups have fans that would like to see them play at Glastonbury. 

31st May, 2023, Neil, of Efests fame, could not hide his surprise at learning that 2 of the UK's best selling acts of all time have fans, and even more shocking to him, some of those fans would like to see those acts play at Glastonbury Festival, held at Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset each year. The two acts in question are the Spice Girls and Take That, who between them, have sold an impressive 125 Million albums worldwide. Despite this, Neil clearly doesn't believe the 2 pop acts are big enough for the festival, once known to many as 'Pilton Pop.' 

-----

I'm playing of course, 😉 but that is a silly statement, of course their fans would think they're a great booking, and you can't deny they've had a huge following over the years. (For the record, I'm not particularly a fan of either, but I think Spice Girls would be a good booking, for the laughs and the singalong.) 

do you hear that whoooshing sound???

Mind made up. Going to turn up for the Churnups (unless we find out Pulp is on Woodsies at the same time). “turn up for the Churnups” could be a flag actually. Too invested now not to be there. And will be part of the mass exodus before Royal Blood. Hope there won’t be a repeat of their BBC Big Weekend reaction. Young Fathers too much of a draw to hang around and find out tho 

14 minutes ago, Neil said:
30 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

-----

Expand  

do you hear that whoooshing sound???

Sorry fella, didn't mean to wind you up, was only a joke. 

(although I do stand by the fact it was a daft statement.) 

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Sorry fella, didn't mean to wind you up, was only a joke. 

(although I do stand by the fact it was a daft statement.) 

What did you honestly think this post would do other than wind Neil up?