The Park 2023

stuie

47 minutes ago, GetGorgeForGlasto said:

Yeah the issue is I feel like they both pull very similar crowds… not sure what the decision to have them on at the same time to try and pull people from Reg is all about…

Doubt it has anything to do with trying to pull people away from Reg.

Someone has to headline the other stages, and bigger acts headline stages. It's just the luck of the draw....

Who are they going to have headline The Park/Woodsies otherwise? Some mid-tier act, and have Phoenix/Alt-J play in the afternoon?

25 minutes ago, ManLj said:

Not sure if we already suspected this or not, and I know you can't always predict based on previous lineups, but I think we're missing at least 1 park stage act.

Fri - ? acts
Sat - ? acts
Sun - ? acts
Total - 25

Fri - 9 acts
Sat - 9 acts
Sun - 8 acts
Total - 26

Fri - 9 acts
Sat - 9 acts
Sun - 9 acts
Total - 27

Fri - 10 acts
Sat - 10 acts
Sun - 9 acts
Total - 29

There'll definitely be 1 TBA (secret set). The 25 on the lineup will be split like this probably.

Friday - 9 acts

Saturday - 8 acts (1 TBA)

Sunday - 8 acts

8 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Think she might be alright! No guarantee Sparks are subbing Saturday, and if they are Lizzo's more likely to clash with whoever's on before them.

I thought I'd seen before that Sparks were playing Friday - from around the time of the original poster.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Hoping that Confidence Man have a proper set on The Other rather than just this as the only appearance. 

Also, Stonebridge always has ace line ups, but it's impossible to get into unless you arrive hours early, shame. 

or work on the bar 😉

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

Also, Fever Ray headlining over Thundercat??? I could not hum you a Fever Ray song, and Thundercat is one of the most relevant names on the scene rn

I couldn't hum you a Thundercat song, but can hum you plenty of Fever Ray and The Knife songs.  Horses for courses, eh, but it's not like Thundercat is a universally popular act. 

I want to see some of these - BUT, how do I know it won't be like Wet Leg and Jack White last year?
If you can't get within 20m of the stage, you can't hear it, let alone see it.

Anyone think they're making improvements to The Park stage/sound system this year? 

1 minute ago, tjfish said:

I want to see some of these - BUT, how do I know it won't be like Wet Leg and Jack White last year?
If you can't get within 20m of the stage, you can't hear it, let alone see it.

Anyone think they're making improvements to The Park stage/sound system this year? 

It won't, with the possible exception of Fat Boy. Wet Leg were a massively hyped band with a song that had had ridiculous airplay and popularity/notoriety. Their star had risen exponentially since they were booked for that slot. I can't see anyone on the poster creating anything other than a perfectly 'normal' Park crowd size (as yet unannounced TBAs notwithstanding). You'll be fine.

Ben 

1 hour ago, Isaaclk said:

Can somebody please give me a run down on the busyness of stonebridge. Like is it busy all the time in the evening and night regardless of acts? What time does it usually start getting too busy? Ive been to glasto 4 times before and never been in there

My experience has been that once you're inside it's fine and quite pleasant with room to move around. They operate a one-in one-out at busy times which means it gets crazy busy outside the tent for the bigger names.

Edited by 2019
Typo

8 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I couldn't hum you a Thundercat song, but can hum you plenty of Fever Ray and The Knife songs.  Horses for courses, eh, but it's not like Thundercat is a universally popular act. 

I didn't realise Fever Ray was Karin from The Knife, that does change things a touch

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It won't, with the possible exception of Fat Boy. Wet Leg were a massively hyped band with a song that had had ridiculous airplay and popularity/notoriety. Their star had risen exponentially since they were booked for that slot. I can't see anyone on the poster creating anything other than a perfectly 'normal' Park crowd size (as yet unannounced TBAs notwithstanding). You'll be fine.

Ben 

Yup. A lot of the acts on the poster won't even summon particularly notable crowds.

9 minutes ago, Four-Naan-Dan said:

Saw William Crighton supporting Beans on Toast in the beer garden of a pub on Dartmoor last summer. He started singing and everyone stopped talking to watch him; his voice was unbelievable. Had been hoping to catch him again so looking forward to that

He's amazing. Saw him at Boomtown in 2018. Mesmerising.

Ben