The Park 2023

stuie

1 minute ago, GmasterWomble said:

I know its a separate area but I wonder if the sonic stage tent will be used for Stonebridge this year? Would be a lot more fitting for the acts listed this year but god knows how they'd control people coming in and out. 

It's the type of tent that's required, but I really can't see how it would fit up there

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Seems theyre trying to do with the Stonebridge what EOTR do with the Tipi tent.

That would be a good thing. They already have a bit of that going on close by at the Crows Nest.
& Bimble Inn of course 

7 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Really dire. Last year: The Avalanches, Four Tet, Arlo Parks, Dry Cleaning, Wet Leg, Jessie Ware, Mitski + sets from Jack White/ Jarvis Cocker.

Dire? Or just not for you?

I only saw Dry Cleaning from your list last year (was going to see FT, but went to the SEC instead). This year I have 8 acts on the main Park stage that I'd like to see, without any research of those I don't know.

It might not be up your Straße, but there are some amazing acts on there.

Ben

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Dire? Or just not for you?

I only saw Dry Cleaning from your list last year (was going to see FT, but went to the SEC instead). This year I have 8 acts on the main Park stage that I'd like to see, without any research of those I don't know.

It might not be up your Straße, but there are some amazing acts on there.

Ben

It's probably not for me. Feels very 6music dad-core in the way a lot of line-ups in the past haven't. Alt-J and Fatboy Slim headlining in 2023 is odd.

I think further down there's stuff I'm excited for: Leftfield, Thundercat, Jockstrap, Shygirl and Tinariwen. 

I'm surprised there's no Alvvays or Japanese Breakfast. They feel perfect for it. Does anyone actually listen to James Ford?

13 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

Do we have any information on a day for Alison Goldfrapp > Thundercat yet? Desperately don't want Thundercat to clash with Fred. The Young Fathers/Fred clash is bad enough!   

Sunday 

It's probably not for me. Feels very 6music dad-core in the way a lot of line-ups in the past haven't. Alt-J and Fatboy Slim headlining in 2023 is odd.

I think further down there's stuff I'm excited for: Leftfield, Thundercat, Jockstrap, Shygirl and Tinariwen. 

I'm surprised there's no Alvvays or Japanese Breakfast. They feel perfect for it. Does anyone actually listen to James Ford?

Japanese Breakfast - Other Sunday 

Yeah, I hear you.

Gutted that Alvvays not announced anywhere. And it's incredibly unlikely now unless there's a little daytime slot on Other (which I would take in a heartbeat!). They were soooo good in JPT a few years ago.

James Ford Ellis - still making my mind up about his record (he only has one LP and it's only just out!). I was a Simian Mobile Disco fan before, enjoying them both as a live act and delivering a blistering set of techno at Latitude quite a few years ago. So, I'll be interested to see how he gets on as a solo artist playing songs.

For me, I'm incredibly excited to see The Comet is Coming again. They blew the metaphorical roof off West Holts a couple of years ago, and I really want to see the bangers for the latest record played live. Park could be a fab setting for them. Hopefully no power than third from top, though their font size suggests a bit lower. Saying that, a 4pm slot in the sun would be shamazing.

Ben

I think the lineup is solid and there’s lots there that I would’ve tried to check out, but like most of the rest of the lineup, is quite boilerplate with very few real thrills or ‘holy shit’ acts (for me personally of course).

I think 2022 really spoilt us in that it seemed like tons of great acts were keen to tour and Glastonbury managed to book a shitload of them; this year is a bit more standard European festival.

1 hour ago, Armourman said:

So I guess Stonebridge is the new Williams Green ? 

Possible even the old WG tent is being used for Stonebridge?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Anyone seen Fever Ray live before? Hotchip were going to be my Friday night, but as much as I love them, I have seen them a few times before.

I've not, seen the Knife but not Fever Ray. Mainly excited by the latest album being very good, and the first album being one of my all time favourites. 

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

756ACFCB-6C9C-46D5-BB4A-B3C9CC3542EB.thumb.jpeg.8c5ecc9d0aca3495638a6bb5e2bfece1.jpeg

Oh my god this ❤️

Am I right in thinking that once you've spent a load of time queuing for the 1 in 1 out, and you're finally in, once you inevitably have to leave to go for a wee you're essentially back at square 1? As that I can't deal with

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Really dire. Last year: The Avalanches, Four Tet, Arlo Parks, Dry Cleaning, Wet Leg, Jessie Ware, Mitski + sets from Jack White/ Jarvis Cocker.

Have to agree, have never been before and I'm incredibly excited but pretty much every stage reveal has been really underwhelming (at least for me!) and is zapping my excitement. I'm hoping there's some big bands to still be announced but comparing it to previous years line ups it feels a lot more safe with less exciting/big names. The DJ's look amazing but at the moment there's probably only 5-6 bands I'm bothered about across the whole weekend. Plenty of other stuff to do right?